PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] VIX Image Online update to build 514, fantastic new feature.

judge
11-12-12, 22:47
Folks, when you update to build 514 or higher, thanks to Andy & Skaman, we have a fantastic new feature.
Ever wanted to update your bouquets in a matter of minutes without having to download channel settings?
Well, you can now (for some providers, obviously not all).

Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker.

All options should be pretty obvious & you can now schedule bouquet updates to be done in a matter of minutes.
I've been using the plugin for a while now, have it set for an 8am scheduled download each day & on SKY UK haven't had to update my channels in I can't remember how long now, none of the recent PrimeTime/BBC/ITV and so on changes, plugin picked them all up...

If you want to add all the regional ITV/BBC/CH4 and so on, you can also enable a FreeSat scan, extremely handy...

It's a truly fantastic plugin, give it a try & let us know how it goes...

A full release announcement with screenshots & instructions will be made soon.
Thanks again to Andy & Skaman.

judge
11-12-12, 22:52
Current list of supported providers:

AustriaSat 19.2 East
Canal Digitaal HD 19.2 East
Canal Digitaal SD 19.2 East
Czech Republic 23.5 East
Freesat 28.2 & 28.5 East
Mobistar FR 19.2 East
Mobistar NL 19.2 East
SKY Italy 13.0 East
Sky UK 28.2 & 28.5 East
Slovak Republic 23.5 East
TéléSAT HD 19.2 East
TéléSAT SD 19.2 East
TVSat 13.0 East
TV Vlaanderen HD 19.2 East
TV Vlaanderen SD 19.2 East

tonyvix
11-12-12, 22:58
Folks, when you update to build 514 or higher, thanks to Andy & Skaman, we have a fantastic new feature.
Ever wanted to update your bouquets in a matter of minutes without having to download channel settings?
Well, you can now (for some providers, obviously not all).

Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker.

All options should be pretty obvious & you can now schedule bouquet updates to be done in a matter of minutes.
I've been using the plugin for a while now, have it set for an 8am scheduled download each day & on SKY UK haven't had to update my channels in I can't remember how long now, none of the recent PrimeTime/BBC/ITV and so on changes, plugin picked them all up...

It's a truly fantastic plugin, give it a try & let us know how it goes...

A full release announcement with screenshots & instructions will be made soon.
Thanks again to Andy & Skaman.

If I decide to use this would I have to remove the autobouquets I have at the moment using DCC or will loading this over write these ?

Regards

judge
11-12-12, 23:01
If I decide to use this would I have to remove the autobouquets I have at the moment using DCC or will loading this over write these ?

Regards

I don't understand ' autobouquets I have at the moment using DCC' sorry?
This plugin will create new bouquets in super fast time for the sats mentioned above, so if you want to use it, it's probably best to remove autobouquets.

Larry-G
11-12-12, 23:02

Regards

This is a totally different plugin to autobouquets by LraiZer which has been written from the ground up. i would advise you remove all other similar plugins so they dont interfere with each other.

tonyvix
11-12-12, 23:03
I don't understand ' autobouquets I have at the moment using DCC' sorry?
This plugin will create new bouquets in super fast time for the sats mentioned above, so if you want to use it, it's probably best to remove autobouquets.

I downloaded autobouquet and transfereed to box using DCC.

BadBoy
11-12-12, 23:06
Just updating now, will give this a try

Larry-G
11-12-12, 23:06
I downloaded autobouquet and transfereed to box using DCC.

menu> plugins> red button> you will find it in there somewhere. remember to reboot the box once removed.

Larry-G
11-12-12, 23:07
Just updating now, will give this a try

when setting up for sky uk, select both sky and freesat otherwise you will not pull in all the regional channels.
a full write-up will follow in the coming days.

judge
11-12-12, 23:12
when setting up for sky uk, select both sky and freesat otherwise you will not pull in all the regional channels.

Thanks pheonix, just added that to the post, I use that feature all the time, super handy for regionals & some HD channels that are freesat in the UK but not available on an Irish SKY scan.

BadBoy
11-12-12, 23:15

Will it do STV HD?

Larry-G
11-12-12, 23:18
Will it do STV HD?

should do, although i have not checked for that region.

BadBoy
11-12-12, 23:20
checking just now

BadBoy
11-12-12, 23:24
It's created 2 sets of bouquets for me and has not replaced sd with hd equivalents for me. Also the HD bouquet only has 2 hd channels.

Ok, so the multiple sets are freesat and sky. If I hide freesat will that still give me these channels within the sky bouquet?

judge
11-12-12, 23:26
It's created 2 sets of bouquets for me and has not replaced sd with hd equivalents for me. Also the HD bouquet only has 2 hd channels.

Post up a screenie of your settings so, something not right.

BadBoy
11-12-12, 23:32
Post up a screenie of your settings so, something not right.

just discovered the expert setup with more customisation options, will post feedback in a few mins

judge
11-12-12, 23:35
just discovered the expert setup with more customisation options, will post feedback in a few mins

There's lots of options, might be a learning curve but well worth it.
What area scan currently broadcasts STV HD?

BadBoy
11-12-12, 23:35

All working, however STV HD is not working with this either.

BadBoy
11-12-12, 23:39
There's lots of options, might be a learning curve but well worth it.
What area scan currently broadcasts STV HD?

its only available on freesat, scotland

tonyvix
11-12-12, 23:43
its only available on freesat, scotland

It's on Rats bouquets. I have it as Channel 635. Watch STV HD news at 6 every night.

BadBoy
11-12-12, 23:47
It's on Rats bouquets. I have it as Channel 635. Watch STV HD news at 6 every night.

Yes, its also available on Mr Misters bouquet, but not within the autobouquetmaker plugin

Larry-G
11-12-12, 23:48

This is a fully automated bouquet creator that exactly mirrors the channel setup as provided by the service provider, rats plugin is simply a script that updates your box with his own premade custom bouquet, there not even in the same league and as such cant be compared.

put it this way, in the 8 or so weeks i have been using this plugin it has not once missed a single channel change when set to auto update @ 03:00, plus the plugin can be run at any time even in the advert break as it only takes around 60 seconds to do a full scan while still being able to watch live TV.

tonyvix
11-12-12, 23:49
Yes, its also available on Mr Misters bouquet, but not within the autobouquetmaker plugin

This is the new plugin on build 514 ?

judge
11-12-12, 23:55
All working, however STV HD is not working with this either.

Please remember, while this is now part of the image, it's a new feature.
It's been in testing for a while but now that it's part of the image, we expect to get lots more feedback.
I just did a scan of Freesat, Scotland & yes, there's no STV HD.
It's the first time I've ever even heard of the channel...
Thanks for reporting it though.
Any other issues?

BadBoy
12-12-12, 00:00
It's been in testing for a while but now that it's part of the image, we expect to get lots more feedback.
Any other issues?

lol, no other issues. I have done a manual scan for it and I will place it into my list. Is there a way I can do a scheduled scan and keep this channel?

tonyvix
12-12-12, 00:01
Any other issues?

Like Badboy, and probably more, I would appreciate, as a Scotsman, an STV HD listing.

It was like Xmas when it appeared on Rats bouquet !!!!!

judge
12-12-12, 00:05
We've been through a few missing channels while testing, if this is the only one on release the developers have done an amazing job...
Can you post up details/frequencies of a working version of this channel.

BadBoy
12-12-12, 00:07
We've been through a few missing channels while testing, if this is the only one on release the developers have done an amazing job...
Can you post up details/frequencies of a working version of this channel.

I'm unable to move this to 103, just doesn't let me do it using move mode.

STV HD (3855) is on 10.936 V, SR 23.000, FEC 8/9, DVB-S2 QPSK

tonyvix
12-12-12, 00:12
I'm unable to move this to 103, just doesn't let me do it using move mode.

STV HD (3855) is on 10.936 V, SR 23.000, FEC 8/9, DVB-S2 QPSK

For some reason mine displays as :10935 V.......the rest is the same as Badboy

judge
12-12-12, 00:23
Have ye tried other Freesat scans to see if it shows up?

givecredit
12-12-12, 00:27
STV HD is not on Sky's or Freesat epg. That is why its not appearing on epg with this plugin. Rumoured to make its epg appearance early 2013.

Plugin is very fast....Thank you.

One question. Is there a way i can stop it from reordering my bouquets. I like to place favourites at top position, followed by entertainment, movies, sport in that order. But when plugins completes a second scan it rearranges bouquets to default position.

judge
12-12-12, 00:31
Thanks for confirming & explaining the STV HD issue.
You can set a custom main bouquet.
It's set under 'generate main bouquet = custom'
Next line should give you the option to choose the main bouquet.

givecredit
12-12-12, 00:51
One sort of Bug. When you select "Generate main bouquet" = yes(custom), The option to select "Swap channels" dissappears. That is I cannot auto swap HD versions of BBC,ITV CH4 and CH5.

andyblac
12-12-12, 01:00
One sort of Bug. When you select "Generate main bouquet" = yes(custom), The option to select "Swap channels" dissappears. That is I cannot auto swap HD versions of BBC,ITV CH4 and CH5.

correct, swap is only intended for use with the main bouquet. so if you are using your own (custom), options are limited.

BadBoy
12-12-12, 12:53
This still imposes the same issue as lraizer. If you select Scottish HD region and set HD swap you lose channel 103 altogether it does not maintain stv SD.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

andyblac
12-12-12, 14:45
This still imposes the same issue as lraizer. If you select Scottish HD region and set HD swap you lose channel 103 altogether it does not maintain stv SD.

sory but 'STV' is not included in the stream data from FreeSat or SkyUK, and i am not going to start hacking it in, as if the transponder moves i would have keep adjust the 'hack', so but you will have to wait till either provider add's to there sat stream

Larry-G
12-12-12, 14:55
as andy has said this is a bouquet maker that takes it's data directly from the stream as transmitted by the providers, therefore the channels generated will only mirror those official channel lists.

ptoni
12-12-12, 15:28
When I updated to 514, this deleted my previous AutoBouquets and all EPG data. The online software update took approximately 25 mins to update.

Following update, I installed AutoBouquetsMaker but I now have duplicate channels on 28.2 E (one set follows sly numbering, the other set does not). Also EPG takes longer time to appear on screen. Is there any bugs in 514 or have I done something wrong?

twol
12-12-12, 15:39
menu> plugins> red button> you will find it in there somewhere. remember to reboot the box once removed.

OK, still trying to clean out Lraizer's Autobouquet- after deleting (red Button) the extension no longer appears in the installed extensions list, but still appears both in the plugins installed and in Service Searching - this is the code added way back when someone other than Lraizer turned it into a proper installable IPK.
So how do I remove this part of the code??? ... and Yes I have rebooted

andyblac
12-12-12, 15:40
When I updated to 514, this deleted my previous AutoBouquets and all EPG data. The online software update took approximately 25 mins to update.

Following update, I installed AutoBouquetsMaker but I now have duplicate channels on 28.2 E (one set follows sly numbering, the other set does not). Also EPG takes longer time to appear on screen. Is there any bugs in 514 or have I done something wrong?

i gues you did not remove your all bouquets created by the old plugin, so now you have 2 sets

BadBoy
12-12-12, 16:12
sory but 'STV' is not included in the stream data from FreeSat or SkyUK, and i am not going to start hacking it in, as if the transponder moves i would have keep adjust the 'hack', so but you will have to wait till either provider add's to there sat stream

Hi Andy, that can't be true as STV SD is part of sky and if I don't select HD swap 103 will be STV SD.

twol
12-12-12, 16:25
OK, still trying to clean out Lraizer's Autobouquet- after deleting (red Button) the extension no longer appears in the installed extensions list, but still appears both in the plugins installed and in Service Searching - this is the code added way back when someone other than Lraizer turned it into a proper installable IPK.
So how do I remove this part of the code??? ... and Yes I have rebooted
Ok, used a hammer and just deleted everything:)

twol
12-12-12, 17:25
OK, upgraded and set up AutosBouquetMaker.
Initially ticked Sky and Freesat and hit scan ..... ran for a long time 3 - 4 mins (I made a coffee), tried sucking into Dreamedit to tailor ------ killed it after 5 mins (and I have a fast PC)
Reset up bouquets to original (includes German channels), reran with HD swap (missed tick) and no Freesat). Much faster 90 seconds.
Tried Dreamedit, to resort order of Bouquets ... took 8 minutes to suck in the bouquets.

Comments: 1) to make this manageable, can we have an option to delete non-required Bouquets such as Adult, other than tick as Hidden?
2) on HD swap is only on All Channels, Entertainment reverts back to SD.... can we stick to HD swap?
3) obviously there is an awful lot of data in the bouquets, because Dreamedit seems to be screwed, even clicking on one bouquet puts it in a long wait, editing is going to be a pain.

Rob van der Does
12-12-12, 17:28
3) obviously there is an awful lot of data in the bouquets, because Dreamedit seems to be screwed, even clicking on one bouquet puts it in a long wait, editing is going to be a pain.
DreamEdit is always slow; give DreamSet a try. A beauty and much faster.

twol
12-12-12, 17:32
Also when I rearrange the bouquets to put mine at the top, can the plug in leave them there??????

twol
12-12-12, 17:33
DreamEdit is always slow; give DreamSet a try. A beauty and much faster. OK will try it, thanks :) Although I have always had no speed problems until today :)

ptoni
12-12-12, 17:47
i gues you did not remove your all bouquets created by the old plugin, so now you have 2 sets

How do I remove one set Bouquets on 28.2E. The previous AutoBoquuet which I installed through the feeds (before update) is not in the Plugin menu anymore. Also, I keep on geting spinning Vix when I press EPG, and sometimes the box crashes on EPG. It was working perfectly before update. What should I do?

Mr. Mister
12-12-12, 17:48
You were very lucky to get dreambox edit to work with them at all..

I have been using this new plugin for a few weeks.. and never could get it to open properly in DB Edit..

I remember Andy saying something about DB Edit does not know how to read/cope with the new way the place holders are intergrated..

Im sure Andy will correct me if i am wrong here..

twol
12-12-12, 17:55
You were very lucky to get dreambox edit to work with them at all..
Fortunately I like coffee, have a good machine, and "sometimes" patience, although after 8 mins you start to wonder :)

twol
12-12-12, 18:18
DreamEdit is always slow; give DreamSet a try. A beauty and much faster.

Rob, i have just tried DreamSet 2.36, and when it reads in the bouquets, it only "sees" my original bouquets, not the new generated ones :confused:
Any ideas???? The receiver shows and uses the new generated bouquets, and Dreamset on transfer/read just shows the originals, I thought I was seeing things, but.........

Rob van der Does
12-12-12, 18:24
Hmmm, you're right indeed. No idea then, but apparently DreamSet is not a solution either.
The same applies to streams.

For me it's no big deal: I use Dreamset for my own bouquets, and let the plugins (ABM & RemoteStreamConvertor) run to make the additional ones.

Rahat786786
12-12-12, 19:05
Great plugin but only issues are HD channel swap, the sky sports interactive channels are missing and wish there was a way to have channel names like 101 - BBC HD rather than using the show channel numbers as it doesn't look as good in my opinion.

pr1s0m
12-12-12, 19:06
it takes so long to open in dreambox edit because theres 65535 channels in the main bouquet not sure if this is a bug or not

Rahat786786
12-12-12, 19:18
Got the HD swap working but and have both skyuk and freesat on. The freesat bouquet numbering starts from 60000+ which doesn't fit into the screen and the hd bouquet only has 2 channels.

Also, i really hope we get that feature to customize channel numbers.

stumpey
12-12-12, 19:27
Hi
Great addition and for me works well

I can only see one problem I get two HD bouquets, one has all the channels and the other just has BBC 1 HD and Channel 4 HD!!

Box is a Vu+ Uno and updates the bouquets in 45 sec flat ... cool

Steve

Mr. Mister
12-12-12, 19:45
Hi
Great addition and for me works well

I can only see one problem I get two HD bouquets, one has all the channels and the other just has BBC 1 HD and Channel 4 HD!!

Box is a Vu+ Uno and updates the bouquets in 45 sec flat ... cool

Steve

Highlight the bouquet with nothing in it..
Then press menu..
Then highlight "remove bouquet"..
Then press ok..

Now its gone.. and you can run the plugin again..

micscave
12-12-12, 19:49
This is brilliant, thanks VIX team, the image just keeps getting better. Is there any way to enable say the blue button inside the "keep Bouquets" to put a tick in every box? It's just taken me 15 mins to tick every box in my customised motor settings. Or am I missing something?

Once again, thanks for this

micscave

stumpey
12-12-12, 20:09
I removed the bouquet as suggested but it comes back on the next run :-(

Steve

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

chrisnasah
12-12-12, 20:42
Is there a way i can re-order this say movies first then sports etc, cos everytime i reorder and run it again it seems to go back to default.

i dont understand what generate main bouquet does if set to custom as all i can choose in options is fav tv.

Thanks

danivtec
12-12-12, 20:56
This is a great plugin. Very Quick.

One suggestion so far that has already been mentioned, having the channel numbers in the channel name would be nice.

Alanp
12-12-12, 21:27
Is there a way i can re-order this say movies first then sports etc, cos everytime i reorder and run it again it seems to go back to default.

i dont understand what generate main bouquet does if set to custom as all i can choose in options is fav tv.

Thanks

Would be a bonus if we can do this but still a great job by Andy and the guys

abu baniaz
12-12-12, 21:48
Many thanks.

A couple of cosmetic requests if I may?
1. Is it possible for the list of areas to be in a "pop up window" so we can see the regions rather than go left/right and find the one we think is right. There may be a better one a couple more button pushes along.
2. Satellite degress listed next to the list of providers e.g SKY Italy (13.0). I do like the fact that it does not list providers that the tuner is not configured to.
3. Does it group all the channels in the various bouquets with the same name together or are they separate? i.e are all the "movies" together or are they separate. If separate, would it be an idea to have the sat name next to the bouquet?

Larry-G
12-12-12, 22:02
with reference to point 3, you can set it up so that it does exactly this IE shows the provider name next to the bouquet ( i would go into how but i'm not near a receiver at present.)

Rahat786786
12-12-12, 22:18
Also noticed none of the sky sports and bbc interactive channels are generated.

Rahat786786
12-12-12, 22:21
And setanta sports is not generated. I dont think it is broadcast by sky uk but it shows premier league games and was generated by lraizers.

irishchris
12-12-12, 22:25
And setanta sports is not generated. I dont think it is broadcast by sky uk but it shows premier league games and was generated by lraizers.

use republic of ireland sd/hd as your region and you will have setanta as they are only permitted to broadcast in ireland

Mr. Mister
12-12-12, 22:29
use republic of ireland sd/hd as your region and you will have setanta as they are only permitted to broadcast in ireland

Nope.. Thats not true..

Setanta can be broadcast in the UK.. It just cant show the Saturday 3pm kick off..

Larry-G
12-12-12, 22:36
Nope.. Thats not true..

Setanta can be broadcast in the UK.. It just cant show the Saturday 3pm kick off..

As far as i know the only way to get a Setanta sub on the main land ( England / Scotland / Wales ) is by using a address in Ireland as it's not a UK broadcast channel any more.

Although i could be wrong on that.

Mr. Mister
12-12-12, 22:41
As far as i know.. you guys can subscribe to Setanta Ireland.. But you will not get the 3PM kick off..

At least.. Thats the way it is here in NI.. And we part of the UK..

But would be interesting to find out for sure..

Larry-G
12-12-12, 22:48
Setanta Sports Customers from England, Wales or Scotland please be advised that it is with great regret that Setanta Sports GB is no longer trading. Setanta Sports is still operating in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and Africa.
Customers from ROI and NI should go to www.setanta.com/ie (http://www.setanta.com/ie) and www.setanta.com/ien (http://www.setanta.com/ien) respectively, for more information.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/

Mr. Mister
12-12-12, 23:33
[QUOTE=pheonix;179463]
http://www.setanta.com/uk/

Cheers buddy.. Thanks for bursting my bubble.. lmao..

mickeyboymel
12-12-12, 23:45
Setting it to Republic Of Ireland, you loose access to ITV2,3,4 HD as well as BBC News & BBC Parliment. If something could be written in to include all channels that have an EPG number which does not clash with another regions epg number as in the Setanta Channels(423,424) & The ITV2,3,4 Channels, RTE1(161-NI) RTE2HD(162-NI) TG4(163-NI), then every region would have these as bonus channels so to speak.

Its extremly fast on the Gigablue Quad,well done to all concerned, but like others I'm missing the Sky Sports & BBC Interactive channels.

Rahat786786
12-12-12, 23:46
But I had it though with lraizers for sky uk :s

Larry-G
12-12-12, 23:50
But I had it though with lraizers for sky uk :s

This is not LraiZers plugin and cant be compared to it, this plugin will only generate a bouquet as per your region, exactly as a original sky box would. as for BBCi there is only one channel now due to BBC cuts, we are aware of the sky interactive channels and looking into those.

Mr. Mister
12-12-12, 23:52
Guys.. to solve your Setanta problem..

Press down..
Green..
28.2 East services..
Navigate to the Setanta channels..
Highlight Setanta Sports 1..
Press menu..
Highlight add service to bouquet and press OK..
Highlight sports and press OK..

Do this for the Setanta Ireland channel as well..

Your Setanta channels will always stay in the sports bouquet.. and will NOT be deleted when you do your daily scan..

They will ALWAYS be the last 2 channels in your sports bouquet

Rahat786786
12-12-12, 23:54
Is there any way to get it in the main channel numbering bouquet?

Mr. Mister
13-12-12, 00:06
Is there any way to get it in the main channel numbering bouquet?

im not quite sure what your asking..

Im using this new bouquet.. If i type in 401.. it takes me to sky sports 1 hd.. Thats all the sky numbering i need..

What exactly is it your looking for.. ?

Rahat786786
13-12-12, 00:26
I think I had setanta in the main sky bouquets at number 423 and 424 but I can't remember exactly. Just wondering if I can add the channels into the main number bouquet.

Mr. Mister
13-12-12, 00:31
No.. I have been trying to do that for the past 90 mins.. and there is no way of renaming the channel and putting them in the correct place..

Would be pretty cool though to be have a " rename channel " option with all the others when in this menu..

twol
13-12-12, 11:56
Andy, first I would like to thank you for your time, effort and patience in producing the best image that I have tested, its straight forward and provides what you need - simply :)
However, this new plugin gives me real issues in my environment (28.2E UK and 19.2E German bouquets), I am sure that in UK only situation (or one of the other 19.2 Supported countries its fine).
So 1) will it be possible to modify the plug in so that it will allow "non-standard county" bouquets to be where I place them - not at the bottom after your generated bouquets.
2) Generate Bouquets that can be edited by one of the standard Bouquet editors, Dreamset cannot see them, and rightly or wrongly, DreamBoxedit takes a long time to read and process the Bouquets because of what it sees as severely corrupted/incorrect Lamedb entries.
At least the generated bouquets should be processable by one of the available editors.

As always, willing to test any new versions - in the meantime its back to LraiZer's AutoBouquets.

Rob van der Does
13-12-12, 12:20
Andy, .........
2) Generate Bouquets that can be edited by one of the standard Bouquet editors, Dreamset cannot see them, and rightly or wrongly, DreamBoxedit takes a long time to read and process the Bouquets because of what it sees as severely corrupted/incorrect Lamedb entries.
At least the generated bouquets should be processable by one of the available editors.
Although I'm not Andy, I would like to react on that:

1- At the moment there are more issues with setting editors: they don't keep up with innovation of STB's. Although it would be nice if Andy would be able to fix that, I'm convinced that the authors of the editors will have to do that.

2- In fact it's not needed at all for editors to handle the channels created by the plugin. What I find very convenient to do, is to make my bouquets as usual, upload them to the box and run the plugin to add it's creation. The fact that on reading from the box DreamSet doesn't even 'see' the channels made by the plugin makes life even easier.

khan888
13-12-12, 20:14
Guys.. to solve your Setanta problem..

Press down..
Green..
28.2 East services..
Navigate to the Setanta channels..
Highlight Setanta Sports 1..
Press menu..
Highlight add service to bouquet and press OK..
Highlight sports and press OK..

Do this for the Setanta Ireland channel as well..

Your Setanta channels will always stay in the sports bouquet.. and will NOT be deleted when you do your daily scan..

They will ALWAYS be the last 2 channels in your sports bouquet

When I run daily scan the satanta channels disappear from sports bouquets…any ideas?

abu baniaz
13-12-12, 21:48
Hope that I'm not repeating what has been said already......

Using the OE ABM in single feed mode, when on a different sat it moves the motor, executes and then returns to the last viewed channel.
In dual feed mode, the active channel was not disrupted. It did it's business in the background with only the VIX spinner and the progress bar showing.

Marvellous!

Another request...
4. How can this be added to the blue button/plugins/extensions as opposed of going through a few layers of menus?

huey45
13-12-12, 22:23
Hi judge
Vix Image online update to build 514, suggests it can be done online ?
as i have build 507 at the moment, as a newbie how do i achieve that ?

judge
13-12-12, 23:25
Hi judge
Vix Image online update to build 514, suggests it can be done online ?
as i have build 507 at the moment, as a newbie how do i achieve that ?
Menu -> Setup -> Software update

You may have to change state to unstable debending on current status of the image
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Software update -> allow unstable = yes

Rob van der Does
14-12-12, 05:44
Another request...
4. How can this be added to the blue button/plugins/extensions as opposed of going through a few layers of menus?
How often are you going to manually execute a scan? This surely shouldn't become a 5 times a day practise?
Why not set autoscan, so you'll never have to go there anymore?

abu baniaz
14-12-12, 06:28
Isn't it a plugin? Some people actually switch off their equipment so an overnight scan is not an option. Besides, a motor turning next to a neighbour's bedroom window in the early hours is not an ideal scenario.

Do people go into the softcam menu 5 times a day? Softcam manager is under blue button also?

Rob van der Does
14-12-12, 08:57
Isn't it a plugin?
It is, so.....?

Some people actually switch off their equipment so an overnight scan is not an option. Besides, a motor turning next to a neighbour's bedroom window in the early hours is not an ideal scenario.
The scan can be set to any time you want. Also scanning from deep sleep is no problem.

Do people go into the softcam menu 5 times a day? Softcam manager is under blue button also?
Indeed, I never understood that. That's why I deleted it from that location.
IMHO short-blue should be used for easy access to often used functionality.

andyblac
14-12-12, 10:38
Indeed, I never understood that. That's why I deleted it from that location.
IMHO short-blue should be used for easy access to often used functionality.

haha, back in the day, when i was coding my softcam manager, the softcams would freeze, crash, stall etc,etc, so i added a quick button for you to manually restart the softcam, but as my softcam manager does this for you, i supposed i could remove it.

Rob van der Does
14-12-12, 10:41
..... supposed i could remove it.
IMHO yes. Anyway: I deleted them from my 'blue button'.

andyblac
14-12-12, 10:48
guy, just to lets you all know there is a bug currently to do with Interactive channels and the main bouquet, and is causing a few issues with the plugin, please bare with me, it is being looked into.

as for blue button in the 'Hide' menu how often would this need to changed, and does it really need to button the Hide All Bouquets.
as for external editors, unfortunately they do not understand the code i have added to my E2 to hide the all the place holders so you get nice clan channel lists and EPG.
as allowing you to choose where to place your custom bouquets ( ie in between 28.2, 19.2) atm this not possible, this plugin has taken the best part 3 months to code, so i need to start back on others things for now, and Skaman (from SIFTeam) also needs a break.

digidude
14-12-12, 11:15
ill try a fresh reflash, but, is there any reason why once i get to the final screen, where i have the option to 'start scan' (yes its taken me this long to actually find where it was all hidden lol) the up and down buttons wont respond, but pressing left or right allows me to swap between the top and bottom option? (i think its options and about)

givecredit
14-12-12, 12:04
Thanks you for all the work you put into creating this super fast plugin. Have it installed in my two Vu+ It will change the way i set up bouquets forever...Thanks for feedback re interactive channels.

Just one question. Do you intend to release an .ipk file of this plugin. I would love to install this in my receivers that are not supported by VIX.

Larry-G
14-12-12, 12:13
Thanks you for all the work you put into creating this super fast plugin. Have it installed in my two Vu+ It will change the way i set up bouquets forever...Thanks for feedback re interactive channels.

Just one question. Do you intend to release an .ipk file of this plugin. I would love to install this in my receivers that are not supported by VIX.

Digidude put together a IPK installer for this a few days ago. The plugin should work on all other OE-A teams images but i'm not 100% certain if it will work with other images architectures, but being as it's OE-A it is open source for others to adapt and modify to their liking, providing that the source credits are not removed, modified or tampered with in any way.

BadBoy
14-12-12, 13:15
guy, just to lets you all know there is a bug currently to do with Interactive channels and the main bouquet, and is causing a few issues with the plugin, please bare with me, it is being looked into.

as for blue button in the 'Hide' menu how often would this need to changed, and does it really need to button the Hide All Bouquets.
as for external editors, unfortunately they do not understand the code i have added to my E2 to hide the all the place holders so you get nice clan channel lists and EPG.
as allowing you to choose where to place your custom bouquets ( ie in between 28.2, 19.2) atm this not possible, this plugin has taken the best part 3 months to code, so i need to start back on others things for now, and Skaman (from SIFTeam) also needs a break.

Andy, what about the stv SD issue when using HD swap?

Larry-G
14-12-12, 13:18
Andy, what about the stv SD issue when using HD swap?

Not sure if i'm on the correct page as you ( too busy to re-read the whole thread again ) STV HD is not yet included as part of the official SKY epg line up and as such this plugin will not place it in as it only generates bouquets from the data as transmitted by the service provider.

givecredit
14-12-12, 13:33
Yes, the STV HD issue will resolve itself early in new year. Currently I believe when you do HD swap, it puts STV sd at 178 and nothing at 103. This is not a plugin issue, its an STV issue. (And UTV issue) The HD versions should appear at position 103 early next year.

BadBoy
14-12-12, 13:50
Yes, the STV HD issue will resolve itself early in new year. Currently I believe when you do HD swap, it puts STV sd at 178 and nothing at 103. This is not a plugin issue, its an STV issue. (And UTV issue) The HD versions should appear at position 103 early next year.

This only happens with HD swap so I believe it to be an issue. If I don't use HD swap stv SD will be 103.

judge
14-12-12, 13:59
This only happens with HD swap so I believe it to be an issue. If I don't use HD swap stv SD will be 103.

as said many times now, this isn't a plugin issue.
If you want STV SD to be at 103, don't use HD swap, simple.

Rawa
14-12-12, 17:23
Hi, is anyone missing Sky Box Office HD2?

guff daddy
14-12-12, 17:55
Is there any reason this would have trashed my Irish-DTT channels - they were in my Favourites which I had configured it to save, however all DTT channels now show up as N/A - coincidental?

machare
14-12-12, 18:10
Why not set autoscan, so you'll never have to go there anymore?If you enable background scanning in setup/system/customise, does the receiver look at all satellites? and how often are the scans made?

Similarly what satellites are scanned if you got to setup/Service Searching/Automatic scan?

givecredit
14-12-12, 18:25
Is there any reason this would have trashed my Irish-DTT channels - they were in my Favourites which I had configured it to save, however all DTT channels now show up as N/A - coincidental?
This happened to me too. I had to reset the dtt tuner config and rescan, then channels appeared in favourites again.

judge
14-12-12, 18:27

Make sure the tuner is set up correctly & scan them again, this also happens me at times if I don't do a full reboot after scanning Irish channels.

givecredit
14-12-12, 18:32
Hi, is anyone missing Sky Box Office HD2?

Sky Box Office HD2 has closed on epg channel 754. It left sky's epg on 3rd Dec 2012.

andyblac
15-12-12, 11:01

there is an ipk, BUT, for the placeholder channels to be hidden in the channel lists requires some special code. so your image may not hide the placeholders.

guff daddy
15-12-12, 22:07
Make sure the tuner is set up correctly & scan them again, this also happens me at times if I don't do a full reboot after scanning Irish channels.

Nothing to do with the tuner setup - it intermittently trashes my DTT channels. Unusable for me I'm afraid.

andyblac
16-12-12, 11:16
Nothing to do with the tuner setup - it intermittently trashes my DTT channels. Unusable for me I'm afraid.

logs might help mate ;)

guff daddy
16-12-12, 11:58
logs might help mate ;)

Which logs - general debug logs or logs specific to the autobouquets plugin?

andyblac
16-12-12, 18:25
general debug, thanks.

andyblac
16-12-12, 18:25
skysport interactive will be fixed in next update.

chaser
17-12-12, 00:00
as said many times now, this isn't a plugin issue.
If you want STV SD to be at 103, don't use HD swap, simple.

The plugin is assuming that there is a HD channel at 178. For the Scottish regions this is wrong, and the HD swap feature fails to work correctly in this circumstance. In my opinion this is therefore a plugin issue - albeit it will disappear next year when STV HD becomes part of SKY UK channel lineup. I accept that you don't want to hack STV HD into 178, but could the plugin not be modified to swap 178 with 3 only if a channel exists at 178?

By the way - an excellent plugin otherwise. Thanks for the effort you've put into this.

hermit
17-12-12, 00:52
A great plugin and will definetly make my life easier.

The plugin overwrites the lamedb and in my case has not kept my DVB-T transponder details.

I only realised after a GUI restart couldn't tune any DVB-T channels. A rescan on DVB-T resolves the problems but would be great if the plugin maintains the transponder details in lamedb like I csn maintain my DVB-T channels in the first bouquet (another great feature of the plugin:-) )

guff daddy
17-12-12, 16:39
general debug, thanks.

I enabled debug logs (I think - see attached) but I'm not seeing any logs in the log manager. Is there something else I need to do?

judge
17-12-12, 16:51
reboot the box & a debug log will be created.

Larry-G
17-12-12, 17:16
I enabled debug logs (I think - see attached) but I'm not seeing any logs in the log manager. Is there something else I need to do?

Debug logs are held in live memory as they are constantly being updated with the functions of the box, they are only written to the storage device when enigma has closed down such as when the receiver is restarted or when they hit their maximum size limit.

reboot the receiver and look again you should see a log that corresponds to the bootdown / bootup time.

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 17:19
Debug logs are held in live memory as they are constantly being updated with the functions of the box, they are only written to the storage device when enigma has closed down such as when the receiver is restarted or when they hit their maximum size limit.
Sorry to say, but that is not correct. The log is written constantly (hence you can open the log and see the action you just carried out).

But changing the status from/to enabled requires an E2 restart to be effective.

Larry-G
17-12-12, 18:06
Sorry to say, but that is not correct. The log is written constantly (hence you can open the log and see the action you just carried out).

But changing the status from/to enabled requires an E2 restart to be effective.

In that case i stand corrected.

guff daddy
17-12-12, 19:52
I had rebooted/restarted Enigma and couldn't see the logs - tried it again and it worked OK.

I restored settings to a state prior to running AutoBouquetMaker (i.e. DTT working OK), ran the plugin and rebooted. DTT channels still available. Restarted E2 and the DTT channels were gone.

I've emailed two logs (one from when the plugin ran, the other created on the restart) Ref: 1355769372​.96

Thanks for your help on this.

Also on a separate issue - I've noticed if I configure the plugin to hide some bouquets (i.e. not create some standard bouquets) it instead creates an empty bouquet called N/A

abu baniaz
19-12-12, 11:31
Digidude put together a IPK installer for this a few days ago. The plugin should work on all other OE-A teams images but i'm not 100% certain if it will work with other images architectures, but being as it's OE-A it is open source for others to adapt and modify to their liking, providing that the source credits are not removed, modified or tampered with in any way.

I can confirm that the ipk did not work with a TM Twin using the 4D image. It rejected it owing to the architecture.

guff daddy
22-12-12, 18:06
I had rebooted/restarted Enigma and couldn't see the logs - tried it again and it worked OK.

I restored settings to a state prior to running AutoBouquetMaker (i.e. DTT working OK), ran the plugin and rebooted. DTT channels still available. Restarted E2 and the DTT channels were gone.

I've emailed two logs (one from when the plugin ran, the other created on the restart) Ref: 1355769372​.96

Thanks for your help on this.

Also on a separate issue - I've noticed if I configure the plugin to hide some bouquets (i.e. not create some standard bouquets) it instead creates an empty bouquet called N/A

Any update on this? I would love to use AutoBouquetMaker but I can't if it trashes my DTT channels.

micscave
22-12-12, 19:50
Does anyone use Catseye settings in conjunction with this? I can't get it to work at all. If I go in to configure and set "Keep all bouquets" no, then look at "Keep bouquets" in the main menu to see if it is at least recognising the Catseye settings, they're not there. So when I reset it to yes and do the scan it just looses the Catseye settings. If I do the same thing with the vhannibal settings then there is no problem, all works fine.

digidude
26-12-12, 11:50
I can confirm that the ipk did not work with a TM Twin using the 4D image. It rejected it owing to the architecture.

ive installed it on the 4D image on the twin and 2T, as well as on a DM800 running the DW image and on 2 x TM800

the ipk wont install as it only contains the compiled code for the plugin, but i got it going using the actual source python files themselfs, however, something in the plugin disables the remote from functioning correctly if its not used on a ViX image, as when you come to start the scan, the ONLY option that becomes useable is the 'about' screen

hilly
30-12-12, 19:48
Does anyone use Catseye settings in conjunction with this? I can't get it to work at all. If I go in to configure and set "Keep all bouquets" no, then look at "Keep bouquets" in the main menu to see if it is at least recognising the Catseye settings, they're not there. So when I reset it to yes and do the scan it just looses the Catseye settings. If I do the same thing with the vhannibal settings then there is no problem, all works fine.

I have it working with Catseye and then just using this for the 28.2 channels which have come out on top of the bouquets.I then send to dreamset and add a set of irish channels to then send back to box.Not sure what will happen when it has a scheduled scan in the morning,im assuming it will lose the irish channels.

hilly
30-12-12, 19:49

I have it working with Catseye and then just using this for the 28.2 channels which have come out on top of the bouquets.I then send to dreamset and add a set of irish channels to then send back to box.Not sure what will happen when it has a scheduled scan in the morning,im assuming it will lose the irish channels.

abu baniaz
31-12-12, 01:35
What is the likelihood of an installable package being created that will work on other receivers such as DM800 or even on TM's 4D images?

Many thanks.

micscave
31-12-12, 01:38

Thanks for the reply. I still cant get it to work with Catseye but it's still working fine with vhannibal settings. I'll stick with that until the next Catseye release and try again.

judge
31-12-12, 01:43
What is the likelihood of an installable package being created that will work on other receivers such as DM800 or even on TM's 4D images?

Many thanks.

It's opensource code, so point their teams to the code, they can easily use it if they want to.