PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Restart and deep standby issue since upgrading from 3.0.339

banie01
11-12-12, 13:47
Hiya folks.
Bit of a strange one here....
But since upgrading from 339 build I am having major issues with my duo on hard reboot and on sending to deep standby.
From a hard reset The Box is hanging on the ''starting'' message with red light on and will not progress any further,
And when I reboot via OSD the box hangs the your ''your Vu Duo is restarting'' message.
I need to reflash to get up and running again.
I've tried flashing a clean image(multiple builds)and not restored any backups to rule out some sort of corruption in that regard with no difference.
As the box just hangs I am unable to get a crash log so I am at a loss as to what my problem could be.
My set up is Vu Duo, with a play tv USB tuner, but even with the usb unplugged issue still happens....
Anyone any ideas?

banie01
11-12-12, 14:26
Just to add, I've tried with a 3.0.473 image and it will now reboot and power cycle,
but on the 507,509 and 511 images I get the issue described above.(They're the ones that stick in my memory at least)
I see the change log for the 512 build lists ''update shutdown'' as a change, so I will give that build a spin and see if it makes any difference.
I'm sure its something in my own config though as noone else seems to be reporting this issue.

kevinmcf
11-12-12, 14:41
I have exactly the same issues as described above on my et9000. Tried multiple re-flash and not restored settings. Its seems to be coincide with being unable to update or view plugins or maybe this is just a symptom of the fault. I was able to send a de-bug log today. log ref 1355232565.0. The box hangs at re-boot when I try to re-start but is very intermittent so unfortunately cannot pinpoint the error.
Plugins installed are Autobouquet, autoresolution, nfs, cccam. build is 513. Thanks.

Kevinmcf

andyblac
11-12-12, 14:52
can you guy's connect a serial lead to you box and pc and use putty or similar to get a debug log. thanks.

as i use a mac i do not know how putty works, but am sure other will be-able to help.

banie01
11-12-12, 14:59
can you guy's connect a serial lead to you box and pc and use putty or similar to get a debug log. thanks.

as i use a mac i do not know how putty works, but am sure other will be-able to help.

I ain't got a serial lead Andy, Sorry.

banie01
11-12-12, 15:03
Andy just to add, if I connect via FTP to my box before I reboot I still have access to the flash while it is hanging if that is of any use.

andyblac
11-12-12, 15:09
ok, can you do in telnet

dmesg

and post output.

banie01
12-12-12, 00:04
Andy, what I thought was an active FTP connection was actually Filezilla caching.
Sorry I couldn't get the log/file required.

kevinmcf
12-12-12, 02:34

Following a attempt to reboot box I was unable to access logs using telnet or FTP. I carried out a reflash and then using telnet with the command dmesg. The file returned is attached. Hope this helps.

MikeBag
23-04-13, 21:48
Hi there, i had the same issue and down graded it to Ver 2.4.096 and all works well now - Hope that helps

judge
23-04-13, 22:24
downgrading to 2.4.096 is never going to help get an issue fixed if there is one...
as much detail as possible on current build with debug logs will always be a lot more useful...