PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Log file issues

satnav
11-12-12, 10:42
Over the past few days when accessing the log files and trying to display contents causes Enigma to restart! once this has happened I can,t send the log files via email and then the logs appear to have no content, incomplete! A complete restart brings back the emailing function and the content of the files is view-able again.
Since this morning I note that the log files only show the boot up process and nothing after that is logged! First log file has CRC errors and 3 later examples of incomplete logs attached too. :)

andyblac
11-12-12, 11:34
looking at the log, your box ran out of memeory trying to open log, try creating a swap file, see if that helps.

[SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'LogManagerViewLog'>
Segmentation fault

satnav
11-12-12, 11:43
looking at the log, your box ran out of memeory trying to open log, try creating a swap file, see if that helps.

Thanks Andy,
I have a swap file set up for months now! I have other issues but as I cant replicate them I haven't posted yet, but when SOME not all recordings end with Quote "Do you want to shut down now the recording has finished? 3min count down " When i go to the log file there is no Info past the boot up point!! as with the 3 attachments show. Also no power timers are near completion or start.

andyblac
11-12-12, 14:54
if your using a serial lead to get log, you need to turn off Debug Logs in log settings, as this redirects output to a file and stops serial working.

satnav
11-12-12, 15:03
Nope not using any serial leads, I take you mean usb. Nothing has been changed in my settings as working from a restore and all this did work before.

I have just had another restart when trying to read one of the current logs it does it to infinity until I restart box.

Why is there no content after the end of booting up? as there has been lots of key pushes!

satnav
15-12-12, 15:05
Nope not using any serial leads, I take you mean usb. Nothing has been changed in my settings as working from a restore and all this did work before.

I have just had another restart when trying to read one of the current logs it does it to infinity until I restart box.

Why is there no content after the end of booting up? as there has been lots of key pushes!

In the absence of any feedback Ill try again.

I have some issue that need the Log file feature to work and as it is the log file only shows events to the end of booting up nothing after that, please advise :(