PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] AFP root password

joetwizzy
10-12-12, 18:43
Hi, what is the username and password to connect to my Vu Duo on latest Vix via AFP? I can connect as guest but this doesn't give me write access.

Thanks

andyblac
11-12-12, 11:24
as i have said i a previous thread, only guess access is allowed currently, just set your share folder on box with public write access, this can be in via a FTP application.

or via telnet

chmod -R 777 /media/hdd

the above command will give public write access to your mount '/media/hdd'

joetwizzy
11-12-12, 19:14
I get a CHMOD error.? The internal HDD is fine but the external USB isn't. It's mac filesystem. Can the box write to this?

andyblac
12-12-12, 11:50
I get a CHMOD error.? The internal HDD is fine but the external USB isn't. It's mac filesystem. Can the box write to this?

ah, never tried that.

can you do the below command in telnet.

mount

joetwizzy
13-12-12, 09:48
ah, never tried that.

can you do the below command in telnet.

mount

Yes I can do it although the drive has already been mounted on the box automatically. I can read the drive.

andyblac
14-12-12, 11:02
Yes I can do it although the drive has already been mounted on the box automatically. I can read the drive.

yes, and why i need to see the result, just type 'mount' in telnet and nothing after it.

joetwizzy
15-12-12, 13:05
root@vuduo:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,sync,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=69072k,nr_inodes=17268,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=writeback)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type hfsplus (ro,relatime,umask=0,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8)
/dev/sdb2 on /media/sdb2 type hfsplus (ro,relatime,umask=0,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw,relatime)
root@vuduo:~#

andyblac
15-12-12, 13:10
r/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type hfsplus (ro,relatime,umask=0,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8)
/dev/sdb2 on /media/sdb2 type hfsplus (ro,relatime,umask=0,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8)

mounted as READONLY, i will see if the kernel supports RW, give me a little time

cheers andy.

edit:

after a quick search:

You need to turn off the journaling if you want to write to it from Linux. Linux only has support for writing to non-journaled HFS+ volumes.
On your Mac:

Open Disk Utility under Applications -> Utilities
Select the volume to disable journaling on.
Choose Disable Journaling from the File menu. (On later Mac OS versions you'll have to hold down the option button when you click the File menu. Or if you like Apple+J)

joetwizzy
15-12-12, 14:46
thank you very much. This seems to have worked. However I'm having a little problem. WIth AFP or SMB when I connect I get HardDisk (internal) Movie Folder Root and USB ... MY HDD has 2 partitions. Although both partitions are mounted it isnt showing SDB2 in that list.
If I try accessing it via Root > Media .. the media folder doesn't load anything, it appears empty.

andyblac
16-12-12, 11:22
thank you very much. This seems to have worked. However I'm having a little problem. WIth AFP or SMB when I connect I get HardDisk (internal) Movie Folder Root and USB ... MY HDD has 2 partitions. Although both partitions are mounted it isnt showing SDB2 in that list.
If I try accessing it via Root > Media .. the media folder doesn't load anything, it appears empty.

ok in

blue button --> ViX --> MountManager

setup your mounts, GREEN BUTTON

so that you mount to USB for the first partition, and USB2 for the second, this should then allow to access then via AFP.

joetwizzy
17-12-12, 09:00
After doing that and saving it the box wants to reboot, after it does the settings do not save.