PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Latest stable download

chrisnasah
10-12-12, 18:42
Hi Guys,

What is the latest stable version and where can i download it from?

I installed one from the download section and there was no updates until i enabled unstable downloads, been having issues since then.

Can someone please confirm what is the latest stable version and where can i obtain it from.

Also would it be ok to restore from backup for the settings?

Thanks

khan888
10-12-12, 18:50
Latest stable images here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=

Yes should be ok to restore from backup

chrisnasah
10-12-12, 18:56
thanks,

i thought those were betas?

chrisnasah
10-12-12, 20:41
anyone who can confirm?

judge
10-12-12, 20:47
The images you find there are usually stable builds & pretty safe to use.

Stanman
10-12-12, 21:05
There is very little different between a beta and a stable VIX.

On the whole the image is tested and is a fairly robust and stable beta, once we are all happy its set to stable.

You will very very rarely find a VIX beta that is totally unstable.

I use three boxes and assure you the vix beta's are more stable than some release images I have used.

chrisnasah
10-12-12, 21:37
thanks for confirming.

Currently i am on build 511 but have few niggling issues which i didnt have before.

With EPG after a reboot my epg does not load until i download it again, where is the option to force it to reload on reboot? Using crossepg.

Also when going back to previous viewed channel i am now getting a history zap rather than it directly going to previous channel as before, cant figure out where to change this.

Thanks

judge
10-12-12, 21:42
No idea why your box isn't loading EPG on a boot, which box is it & where are you storing EPG?

The Zap History browser is now built into the image, you can continue pressing <> to scroll to the channel you want.

chrisnasah
10-12-12, 21:59
i am using vu duo and saving onto a usb but everytime i boot it is not loading.

I actually prefered it going ack direct to the channel rather than the list, hope in the future this could be a option for people who prefered it.

Thanks

judge
10-12-12, 22:01
Do you have an internal HDD in the Duo, if so try storing EPG there & report back if it's still getting lost.

chrisnasah
10-12-12, 22:19
no internal hdd so cant try, might get one soon though.

i formatted my usb to fat rather than fat32 and seems to have loaded fine now. not sure if that was the reason for not working.

judge
10-12-12, 22:28
If I was using a USB, i'd format the stick using the box.
If it happens again, try that.

chrisnasah
10-12-12, 22:34
how do u do that not able to find the location to do it.

judge
10-12-12, 22:43
how do u do that not able to find the location to do it.

Oh, sorry. Maybe you can't using the GUI, it's been a long time since I used a USB stick on my Duo.
If not, something like:

mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb1
should work in telnet.

chrisnasah
11-12-12, 18:44
had same issues again, have formatted using box so will see how it goes.

Before there used to be an option asking force reload on reboot, was that removed?

vijjll
13-12-12, 16:58
I have some epg issues which are noted in thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23470-EGP-data-keeps-disappearing/page2. Could these be related in some way? I am not updating the software at present as I am hoping that a fix will become available soon. :confused:It is difficult recording without epg !!