PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Is it possible to play WAV files

puschi
10-12-12, 12:33
Hi.

I've tried to play wav files with the build in media player (standard PCM format 44.1kHz, 16 bit stereo)
on VIX 3.0.482.

The green play icon is shown near the filename, but no sound iwill be play, to playtime is shown.

Is there a additional codec needed to play *.wav files ? (same with *.flac files)

By the way. Is it possible to make a playlist in the buildin mediaplayer, or can i only play one file (audio or vieo), or is there a advanced media player awailable???

Thanks.

Rob van der Does
10-12-12, 12:54
The build-in madiaplayer does not support playlists. You can use YYamp, available on the feeds.

puschi
10-12-12, 17:40
The build-in madiaplayer does not support playlists. You can use YYamp, available on the feeds.

Thanks for that information. I'll try this plugin.

What about the possibility to play a simply wav-file?

Should it not be possible to play audio files with the vix image? Is it a bug or a feature ;)?

Larry-G
10-12-12, 17:47

if you transfer a album or any collection of mp3's to the HDD in its own folder and select say track 1, the default media player will cycle through all the rest just fine.

Thanks for that information. I'll try this plugin.

What about the possibility to play a simply wav-file?

Should it not be possible to play audio files with the vix image? Is it a bug or a feature ;)?

There are no software codecs available for the receivers under any image, media player functionality is handled via hardware.

puschi
10-12-12, 18:22
There are no software codecs available for the receivers under any image, media player functionality is handled via hardware.

Than it is a bug in 3.0.482. I played a video before from HDD (sound was there), than changed to a folder with some old recordings of LP's and want to play them.

No sound was to hear, no timeline or any reaction was to see, only the green play icon near the wav file.