PDA

View Full Version : Will a Tivusat Smarcam work in a Vu+

beagooner
18-09-10, 07:42
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy the Vu+ duo but want to confirm that my Tivusat Smarcam can be read in a CI slot of the Duo+

Regards,
BG.

Sicilian
18-09-10, 07:55
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy the Vu+ duo but want to confirm that my Tivusat Smarcam can be read in a CI slot of the Duo+

Regards,
BG.

I'm sure it will be fine. If not you can use Oscam with MGcamd to keep your card updated ;)

Btw checkout our sponsor for your new VU+ Duo purchase ;)

beagooner
18-09-10, 10:31
I'm sure it will be fine. If not you can use Oscam with MGcamd to keep your card updated ;)

Btw checkout our sponsor for your new VU+ Duo purchase ;)

Thank you Super S,

Just ordered one from the site sponsors. Hopefully the box is as good as every one here makes it out to be. If I have any problems with Oscam, hopefully you guys will be here to sort it out.

Thanks once again,
BG.

Sicilian
18-09-10, 12:21
Thank you Super S,

Just ordered one from the site sponsors. Hopefully the box is as good as every one here makes it out to be. If I have any problems with Oscam, hopefully you guys will be here to sort it out.

Thanks once again,
BG.

I very much doubt that you will need Oscam, pretty sure that Tivusat Smarcam will be fine.

Thank you for purchasing from our sponsor :)

beagooner
24-09-10, 17:13
Just to confirm to anyone else wondering, the TIVUSAT Smarcam DOES work with the Duo+ if the card has been activated. Thanks again Super S.

BG.

VuTheSatellite
27-11-10, 16:03
Hello,

the tivusat CAM/card combination works fine, however it will not allow recording on one channel, and viewing of another one, using the VU+ tuner. Viewing say, the free-2-air RAI 1, and recording RAI 2 is possible, even with one LNB connection (2nd tuner looped). This is not possible with the tivusat CAM/card. Is there a way around this?

Sicilian
27-11-10, 16:19
Hello,

the tivusat CAM/card combination works fine, however it will not allow recording on one channel, and viewing of another one, using the VU+ tuner. Viewing say, the free-2-air RAI 1, and recording RAI 2 is possible, even with one LNB connection (2nd tuner looped). This is not possible with the tivusat CAM/card. Is there a way around this?

You can use a CCcam 2.2.0 onwards with the card in one of the card slots.

VuTheSatellite
27-11-10, 17:22
You can use a CCcam 2.2.0 onwards with the card in one of the card slots.
Thanks for replying, I wll install CCcam and try it out!

VuTheSatellite
27-11-10, 22:08
Tried with v.2.2.1 enabled, but it doesn't work with card in card slot (tried on 1 slot, I assume both slots are the same). Black screen on tivusat. With the CAM, they open again but with the aforementioned restrictions. I'm not sure if I need anything else to install or modify. Using BH 1.3.9 C.

silverfox0786
27-11-10, 23:02
Blackhole does not allow for softcams and there is no support for it here unfortunatly

beagooner
28-11-10, 09:08
Tried with v.2.2.1 enabled, but it doesn't work with card in card slot (tried on 1 slot, I assume both slots are the same). Black screen on tivusat. With the CAM, they open again but with the aforementioned restrictions. I'm not sure if I need anything else to install or modify. Using BH 1.3.9 C.

Try the ViX image. I use it with CCcam 2.2 and it works perfectly in the card slot. Added bonus is that you don't even need to remove the smarcam every morning to reset it. Come to think of it, you might never go back to BH once you've tried ViX.
Is that what you're scared of? :D

VuTheSatellite
28-11-10, 10:31
Thanks, to be honest I didn't know about Vix and the card-remove issue - I will try it. I like BH because of DVB-T support. Reading this (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2064-Vu-Duo-and-USB-DTT/) now, hopefully there's a happy ending. :p

profixit
16-06-11, 02:32
So i can just get the card and No Tivusat cam?

profixit
16-06-11, 13:03
Looking at getting the card only from Italian Ebay for £45, already activated. Should i proceed?

I think it's the best solution for me.

From what I'm reading. I should do?