PDA

View Full Version : DTS audio through vu+ duo?

hiohaa
18-09-10, 03:37
so turns out that the box can't play dts.

dusted off my old sony home theatre box and ran the sound into that via the SPDIF. still, this is an annoyance.

is there any way at all for the box to play mkv's which have dts audio?

amires
18-09-10, 04:30
I am using VIX image and have connected spdif out to my external decoder. Whenever I play a mkv with dts audio my external decoder detects the dts audio and the sound plays perfectly.

supathug
18-09-10, 09:16
I can second that - works perfectly with my Samsung amp plugged into the duo via the optical out

hiohaa
18-09-10, 15:06
yes i know, sorry i should have explained better in my post,

dusted off the sony amp, plugged it into that - DTS is fine, i hear it.

id' just like to know if its possible to get the vu+ to decode it so i can dust up the sony again and put it back in the shed.

amires
20-09-10, 10:47
As far as I know vu+ can only decode ac3 audio and not DTS so to hear DTS audio the only option is passing it through spdif interface and decoding it with an external decoder.

hifial
20-09-10, 14:56
As far as i know the OpenPli image i'm using allows DTS down mix to stereo. I'll confirm it tonight and let you know

Nos
21-09-10, 15:21
Does it have to be SPDIF or does it work over HDMI?
Also is there away to passthrough AC3 also? I would prefer my AVR doing all audio decoding.

amires
22-09-10, 06:04
Well I havent tried but in theory HDMI should work as well as long as your AVR can detect and decode digital audio over hdmi. As for your second section yes you can passthrough AC3 too.

Tkr001
22-09-10, 08:53
I have tried. It doesn't work over HDMI, only SPDIF

amires
22-09-10, 15:39
In logic it should since HDMI is simply DVI + SPDIF. Have you changed dolby digital default to yes and dolby digital downmix to no in setup->av settings?

Tkr001
23-09-10, 02:18
Yes the settings are correct, wouldn't work over SPDIF if they weren't :) IIRC the MyskyHdi box in NZ didn't send multichannel over HDMI originally either. Came later with a firmware update.

amires
24-09-10, 12:15
Does your AVR have a LCD to show what kind of audio it is detecting? If so what does it show?

Tkr001
24-09-10, 22:40
IF using HDMI there is no sound and the AVR indicates Prologic. When using SPDIF there is sound and the AVR indicates the correct stream, Prologig for stereo, Dolby Digital or DTS for the multichannel audio.

Trust me the multi channel audio is not transfered over HDMI from the Vuduo.

pooface
24-09-10, 22:42
IF using HDMI there is no sound and the AVR indicates Prologic. When using SPDIF there is sound and the AVR indicates the correct stream, Prologig for stereo, Dolby Digital or DTS for the multichannel audio.

Trust me the multi channel audio is not transfered over HDMI from the Vuduo.

Send an email to vu duo asking them to implement it ;)

alex @ vuplus . com

Hopefully they'll add it to next drivers or release ...

Tkr001
25-09-10, 10:32
Send an email to vu duo asking them to implement it ;)

Done it now