PDA

View Full Version : Streaming tuner to another vu duo?

jazz5000
09-12-12, 14:56
Hi

Wanted to know if its possible to have two Vu duos connected over lan and be able to share the tuners.

For example

Downstairs the vu duo has astra and hotbird

Upstairs the vu duo has astra

Would it be possible for the vu duo thats upstairs to use the hotbird tuner from the box downstairs?

Already have samba setup for watching the hdd downstairs etc

Thanks

Larry-G
09-12-12, 14:58
yes download the remotestreamconvert plugin from the feeds, this is it's exact purpose in life.

Rob van der Does
09-12-12, 15:03
Yes, using the plugin 'RemoteChannelStreamConverter'. It's on the ViX feeds, just try it; it's self explaining.

jazz5000
09-12-12, 15:33
Thanks will give it a try

satcat
09-12-12, 17:02
asked the same question last week,,, got an answer and was up an running in 20 mins or so....excellent bit of software..cheers satcat

jazz5000
11-12-12, 19:10
tried it but once its installed cant find it anywhere.

Larry-G
11-12-12, 19:15
cant think of the name at present but it's in the same section as your tuner settings etc.

jazz5000
11-12-12, 19:29
thanks

found it.

Working perfectly now!

satcat
11-12-12, 20:35
I,m using Vix Image.. it went into: menu/setup/service searching ,,cheers satcat

satcat
20-02-13, 19:34
hi,, me again,, just got a solo2 today from sponsers,,,Fabulous bit of kit,,!!! cept i can .t get this remotestreamconvert plugin to work?
i think theres some missing Items in this Image? Openvix: build 600... as latest drivers etc..cheers if any one can help out..cheers satcat

andy2110
21-02-13, 17:44
hi,, me again,, just got a solo2 today from sponsers,,,Fabulous bit of kit,,!!! cept i can .t get this remotestreamconvert plugin to work?
i think theres some missing Items in this Image? Openvix: build 600... as latest drivers etc..cheers if any one can help out..cheers satcat

i have just got mine working mate, it can handle HD content though. What bot have you got upto?

satcat
21-02-13, 18:42
got the plugin on solo2,, and trying to connect to a solo upstairs,,enter IP ok etc,,, but says download failed..? cheers satcat

Larry-G
21-02-13, 18:51
got the plugin on solo2,, and trying to connect to a solo upstairs,,enter IP ok etc,,, but says download failed..? cheers satcat

Which version of the plugin ?. The one from the feeds or not ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

andy2110
21-02-13, 19:02
are you sure the ip is the correct one and the box you are trying to stream from has bouquets set up so that you can select the folders you want

satcat
21-02-13, 19:29
plugin from the feeds,, an yes correct IP for box upstairs ,, this is the box i connected to with the Duo? not sure if that would cause a problem,, but doubt it,, do i need to set up Samba or similar on the solo2? as it asn,t got it on by default? thanks for the help lads,, cheers satcat

twol
21-02-13, 20:56
plugin from the feeds,, an yes correct IP for box upstairs ,, this is the box i connected to with the Duo? not sure if that would cause a problem,, but doubt it,, do i need to set up Samba or similar on the solo2? as it asn,t got it on by default? thanks for the help lads,, cheers satcat

So this sounds like the issue i had.... Are you using the autobouquet bouquets or one of the supplied bouquets?
If the latter thats probably the issue.......if so pm me with your email and i will send you Andy,s workaround

satcat
21-02-13, 21:10
PM,d you m8,,, thanks satcat