PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Included Wifi Dongle Not Working Anymore ? Openvix 3.0

uscool
08-12-12, 16:10
Hi, I had no issues using the included wifi dongle on vu ultimo with vix 3.0 , so i received the virgin super hub, set up the wireless on router, to wpa2 - set at 300mb - selected best channel which not others using around here, everything else connects fine, TV , Xbox 360 , galaxy s3, laptop etc no issues, but some reason on vu when i go through the network , and press ok, just says internet is not working, i know not signal issue as its in the same room, i changed the channels on router, even disabled password still doesn't connect, i then tried the vu dongle in a dreambox 800se , and worked perfect with 99% signal which means noting is wrong with dongle or super hub settings

just some reason doesn't work when trying it on the vu ultimo, it worked when i had it connected to my old router, as i received the superhub prefer just to use that , i even re-flashed the latest openvix-3.0.482-vuultimo_usb and noting, any ideas why this aint working ?

Thanks

uscool
09-12-12, 18:28
anyone ?? it must be a image issue, as the vu wifi dongle works fine in a dm800se ??? anyone :confused:

Donnie
10-12-12, 12:34
Try the dongle in the front USB slot

andyblac
11-12-12, 14:57
in the wifi setup screen make sure you are using 'WPA or WPA2', and not just 'WPA2'.

andy.

uscool
11-12-12, 20:37
Try the dongle in the front USB slot

Hi, will try this but why would i have to use it in the front slot ?

uscool
11-12-12, 20:39
in the wifi setup screen make sure you are using 'WPA or WPA2', and not just 'WPA2'.

andy.

Hi, yes i have done this, was working fine when i had older router, , i even taken off the encryption just to see if it connects and doesn't, i have tried the same dongle in a DM800HD se box and it works fine, so it must be a vix image issue