PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] History List

StuBFrost
06-12-12, 10:21
I may have missed this so apologies if already answered elsewhere.

Just updated to the new version of Vix and now when I press left or right arrow on the keypad it gives me a history list to select from. Can this be turned off so it reverts back to how it used to work and just goes to the previous channel ?

marty
06-12-12, 10:27
Can this be turned off so it reverts back to how it used to work and just goes to the previous channel ?

Not that I'm aware of, but personaly I fine the new 'HISTORY' list much better :D

StuBFrost
06-12-12, 10:29
Not that I'm aware of, but personaly I fine the new 'HISTORY' list much better :D

So it is another enforced change which means an extra keypress just to go back to the previous channel.

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 11:00
So it is another enforced change which means an extra keypress just to go back to the previous channel.
Thanks for your compliment!
It's indeed a great enhancement: instead of having to go through all previous channels, you can now indeed very handy choose which of the previous watched channels you want to go to. And that indeed save a lot of key presses and time!

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 11:03
Moved to the correct section (this is image related and has nothing to do with the box used).

StuBFrost
06-12-12, 11:46
Thanks for your compliment!
It's indeed a great enhancement: instead of having to go through all previous channels, you can now indeed very handy choose which of the previous watched channels you want to go to. And that indeed save a lot of key presses and time!

Not if I just want to go back to the previous channel only and quite happy to keep pressing back to go to channels before that.

I know this software is excellent and free but personally getting sick of enforced "enhancements" with no option to change them back to how I want them.

marty
06-12-12, 11:47
getting sick of enforced "enhancements" with no option to change them back to how I want them.

Your not forced :p go back to an earlier version :thumbsup:

StuBFrost
06-12-12, 11:51
Your not forced :p go back to an earlier version :thumbsup:

What is the first thing I would be told if I have a problem ? Answer: Update to the latest version.

Thanks for the useless post.

marty
06-12-12, 11:54
Thanks for the useless post.

Only trying to help :rolleyes:

Larry-G
06-12-12, 11:59
We take a great deal of time and user input into consideration when deciding on changes to be made to the image and those changes are not always going to be to some peoples liking, we regret that but if we made multiple choice actions for every single button press the image would be falling over it self in both size and failure rates.

These changes like all we do are made for user friendliness, i am not dismissing your plea but if the image is not to your liking maybe its time to try another ?.

StuBFrost
06-12-12, 12:00
Only trying to help :rolleyes:

Sorry, sorry, sorry. In a bad mood today and these changes that you can't change back haven't helped.

StuBFrost
06-12-12, 12:04
We take a great deal of time and user input into consideration when deciding on changes to be made to the image and those changes are not always going to be to some peoples liking, we regret that but if we made multiple choice actions for every single button press the image would be falling over it self in both size and failure rates.

These changes like all we do are made for user friendliness, i am not dismissing your plea but if the image is not to your liking maybe its time to try another ?.

You have contradicted yourself in this case because you have just bloated the image with another screen to show the history which has to be coded to react to key presses.

How many people asked for this change ?

Larry-G
06-12-12, 12:05
You have contradicted yourself in this case because you have just bloated the image with another screen to show the history which has to be coded to react to key presses.

as i said if your unhappy then your more than welcome to try a different image, we cant please every one.

StuBFrost
06-12-12, 12:09
as i said if your unhappy then your more than welcome to try a different image, we cant please every one.

Ha ha. Stock answer when no proper reply.

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 12:11
Come on, please don't behave so childish!

Larry-G
06-12-12, 12:13

no not a stock answer, but its obvious your intentions here are just to entice some form of "response" so for that reason i'm going to lock the thread.