PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Backup DNS settings

satnav
06-12-12, 01:04
Any one help on which folder or file I need to add to my backup so as to maintain my personal DNS servers please? ;)

judge
06-12-12, 01:07
None, a normal settings back up stores these settings.

satnav
06-12-12, 08:28
Then unfortunately myns not working as i have set up for Google DNS after an update it reverts back to original settings. :confused:

How can I check if in the backup please? :thumbsup:

satnav
06-12-12, 21:20
I have found that if I disable DHCP in box network settings then the Google DNS is maintained as set. If set to DHCP then after every re-start it reverts back to the defaults. :confused:

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 21:47
I have found that if I disable DHCP in box network settings then the Google DNS is maintained as set. If set to DHCP then after every re-start it reverts back to the defaults. :confused:
So that works OK then.

satnav
06-12-12, 23:58
Sorry but I prefer to fix issues than just stop them happening as DHCP is an unintended option. :)

judge
07-12-12, 00:30
Sorry but I prefer to fix issues than just stop them happening as DHCP is an unintended option. :)

If DHCP is an unintended option, why use it?
Using DHCP is always going to let your DHCP server/router control your DNS settings.
Set the box up for static settings & restoring these settings will work fine.

Rob van der Does
07-12-12, 05:52
But I don't see any issue; in your post you just show us that everything works as expected :confused:

satnav
07-12-12, 12:27
Sorry guys must have been too late in the day Typo error intended option I should have said. ive also now worked out its the HUB thats changing the DNS when set to dynamic, so panic over thanks. :D