PDA

View Full Version : HELP channel 5 on freesat disapeared

Ezee
05-12-12, 22:49
Since a few days I lost signal for channel 5 and all other feeds (5*, 5USA) transmitting on Fr. 10965 I tried (blind) scanning but no results there.
All settings are correct including pid and vid.
Does anybody know what can be the problem?

Larry-G
05-12-12, 22:59
There all working here on my Duo ( just checked ).

irishchris
05-12-12, 23:00
these have now moved to astra 2F
transmitting on 10.964 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6

where are you located. as with 2f new spotbeam if you aee not in uk/ireland you will struggle to pick these up the further away you are located

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

Larry-G
05-12-12, 23:01
these have now moved to astra 2F
transmitting on 10.964 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6

where are you located. as with 2f new spotbeam if you aee not in uk/ireland you will struggle to pick these up the further away you are located

Bugger i forgot im running andys new plugin and it auto updated them LOL.

He's located in Prague if his info is correct under his user name.

Ezee
06-12-12, 00:02
Thanks for you reactions....I am 150km N-W from Prague with this setup and I'm picking up al Freesat channels without to much problems apart from extreme weather conditions, at least i was up to few days ago...
I love it when they re-locating without any notification what so ever.....on the lyngsat listing is this info not visible also. Where to find this specific info?

irishchris
06-12-12, 00:14
here is a list of free to air channels on 28 east. the ones marked 2f are on the new spot beam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28%C2%B0E

Ezee
06-12-12, 00:35
I am using a 110cm dish and according to the footprint I should not have any problems picking it up if they are on the pan european beam....would be really daft if I have to miss out on these channels now. On Lyngsat this data is not actual as I can see...

zola25
06-12-12, 09:44
I hope they will up the power on those transponders because i went from over 85% signal to 0% on the changed transponders using a 1.25 gibertini and a black ultra LNB and i am living in East Jutland in Denmark.
Did anyone have to change there sat.xml file to recieve the changed over treansponders?

Tried with the latest xml file and still nothing the wife will go bonkers if i have to put up a bigger dish if all the freesat channels go the same way

Conaxthewarrior
06-12-12, 22:07
Ive had the same trouble here in denmark....seems even with a 110cm dish theres no signal reception at all...yet I read some as far away as southern sweden get it, even further away at Hamar, near Oslo with a 1.8m offset dish and 0.3 Invacom LNB ....dont quite understand it....:baby:

Ezee
07-12-12, 15:24
No signal here also, seems that not anybody in CZ is able to pick it up no matter how big the dish is. Big footprint but no signal strength what so ever :mad:

Wonder if the advertisers of the channel 5 group know that there is a group of viewers excluded of seeing there advertisement because the broadcaster decided to save a few bob....they should go for a discount on there fee; I know I would.

Larry-G
07-12-12, 15:39
No signal here also, seems that not anybody in CZ is able to pick it up no matter how big the dish is. Big footprint but no signal strength what so ever :mad:

Wonder if the advertisers of the channel 5 group know that there is a group of viewers excluded of seeing there advertisement because the broadcaster decided to save a few bob....they should go for a discount on there fee; I know I would.

Technically they would actually be pleased about that as there not intended for people on the continent as per their terrestrial licence conditions.

twol
07-12-12, 16:09
do a google on Astra 2F, there are a few sites around that have pretty comprehensive data on availability from across Europe.(otherwise PM me, and I will send the sites/current reception map) Certainly Eastern European countries are unlikely to pick up as the spot beam (which these are on) is skewed SE, covering at least parts of Denmark, France, Western Germany, Spain and Canaries.
The beam is tight, e.g. it looks as if I will be going from a 1metre to a 1.25 metre dish.
You can obviously see where the BBC Engineers take their holidays as it seems OK there! :)

This move has been communicated constantly for several months, including reports of the satellite going up on this site.

irishchris
07-12-12, 16:17
yes as phoenix says the broadcasters do not want it broadcast outside of its locale. it is not that they are saving a few bob by minimising signal. it is their intention and hence lives up to its nane "spotbeam" unfortunately we will see this become common practise over the next few years as old satellites for european broadcasters reach end of life the new sattelites which are to be launched will have the more accurate spotbeam technology. which will mean as is the case here where these channels are licensed to broadcast now have a stronger signal and anywhere outside of this will have a very weak signal

twol
07-12-12, 16:21
I hope they will up the power on those transponders because i went from over 85% signal to 0% on the changed transponders using a 1.25 gibertini and a black ultra LNB and i am living in East Jutland in Denmark.
Did anyone have to change there sat.xml file to recieve the changed over treansponders?

Tried with the latest xml file and still nothing the wife will go bonkers if i have to put up a bigger dish if all the freesat channels go the same way The new transponders are up on King of Sat, and I have seen reports that Jutland is OK on a 1.20 dish, so provided you have added in the new transponders and rescanned, you should pick up, but may have to re-align the dish and LNB skew.

Conaxthewarrior
07-12-12, 18:48
This idea of reduced footprint with reduced power/uk spot beam and so on - I think its a bad idea. Here in denmark for eg there are about 50000 brits +/- and now so many eyes cant see adverts = loss of revenue. Many return to the UK for a time to visit or like me for a single day to shop occationally. Theres loss or revenue if you dont know whats going on eg stores selling what for xmas at reasonable prices....and also the BBC could have instead coded their service so we ex pats pay to see it. Instead many households dissappear without a trace along with the licence revenue the BBC could have had. The system could have been buy a card and get the decoder code over the net then copy it in - a months use or a yearly plan or whatever. I for one would have gladly paid the licence afterall it's unfair you lot living in the UK have to while we here have been getting it for free.

Larry-G
07-12-12, 19:00
Two main reasons for this new reduced footprint are as follows.

1. The terrestrial channels where encrypted but This was deemed to be unfair to the British public who pay for a TV licence for these channels, so they were made FTA under the condition that they were only broadcast within the UK ( as far as technologically possible ).

2. broadcasters could care less if expats receive the channels or not but those who hold the copy write to the programs and movies being broadcast dont want over spill otherwise they cant sell the same products to those nations.

Like it or not this is the shape of things to come.

Conaxthewarrior
07-12-12, 19:30
I thought copyright would have had somthing to do with it. I noticed the trend of reducing the number of europe wide fta channels some time ago , starting a thread called "dwindling number of services" to find out if anyone knew the reason. Regularly scanning from 53e to 30w I first noted in 2009 there were about 3000 services then around 2010 they fell to about 2500, astra 19e was at about 1000 now its less (from my location that is) and 13e 1500 now much less. The same for hispasat and here, they said the spanish services would be spot beamed and so they were - now I can only recieve about 90 sercvices. Pity, all this, as part of the tv satellite interest, for me at least, was to recieve the most number of tv channels...seems technology has indeed caught up.....

Conaxthewarrior
07-12-12, 19:46
Twol, I'll do a rescan NOW!:eek:

twol
07-12-12, 20:08
This idea of reduced footprint with reduced power/uk spot beam and so on - I think its a bad idea. Here in denmark for eg there are about 50000 brits +/- and now so many eyes cant see adverts = loss of revenue. Many return to the UK for a time to visit or like me for a single day to shop occationally. Theres loss or revenue if you dont know whats going on eg stores selling what for xmas at reasonable prices....and also the BBC could have instead coded their service so we ex pats pay to see it. Instead many households dissappear without a trace along with the licence revenue the BBC could have had. The system could have been buy a card and get the decoder code over the net then copy it in - a months use or a yearly plan or whatever. I for one would have gladly paid the licence afterall it's unfair you lot living in the UK have to while we here have been getting it for free.
Agree. I would pay a BBC license fee, after all I pay Sky, but its a dumb world when I can access any program on BBC/ITV/CH4 etc iplayer but cannot perhaps pick up directly the sat channels.

Also Sky will be on 2F Pan European beam not Spot beam

Larry-G
07-12-12, 20:46
Also Sky will be on 2F Pan European beam not Spot beam

Because sky is a encrypted service, freesat on the other hand as the name suggests is free so the majority of those channels will move to the spot beam to reduce what the continent can receive.

Conaxthewarrior
07-12-12, 20:55
So just loaded a new satelites file and rescanned- all there except the frequencies from 2F - zero snr on all. Looks like its finally adios from that one over here.

Ezee
07-12-12, 21:30
It fit's the behavior of Island people....maybe run and cover up the Big Ben also because I can see it for free on street-view....and I did not pay for it also. I cannot see how your fee for the UK channels will change because I cannot see them anymore.
I have to say the Germans are a whole lot more intelligent about this, they understand how continental capitalism is working....

Larry-G
07-12-12, 21:49
It fit's the behavior of Island people....maybe run and cover up the Big Ben also because I can see it for free on street-view....and I did not pay for it also. I cannot see how your fee for the UK channels will change because I cannot see them anymore.
I have to say the Germans are a whole lot more intelligent about this, they understand how continental capitalism is working....

I'm not the one setting the rules. just pointing them out. as i said it;s a combination of the TV licence fee which you not being a British citizen you don't contribute to and Copy-write holders. if you want to complain i suggest you complain to them.

Ezee
07-12-12, 22:01
I am not complaining to you, i am just pointing out the way of thinking over there on the Island...nothing personal. Just a bummer for us that narrow minded has to lead to narrow casting....

Rob van der Does
07-12-12, 22:31
No: the German channels can provide a wider coverage of their FTA channels due to that fact that all copyright contents is in German, without broadcasting the original soundtrack.

Conaxthewarrior
08-12-12, 12:05
If Im not mistaken, Ezee's profile pic is that of Catweezel , a tv seires from the late 60's......