PDA

View Full Version : VIX image

richca
17-09-10, 15:01
ive been reading through the vis image discussion and got fed up as it is now at 52 pages,

can any advise whether this is a good image?

as dream-elite is no longer, whats teh best option now? and finally what image gives best picture output

thanks guys

pooface
17-09-10, 15:11
ive been reading through the vis image discussion and got fed up as it is now at 52 pages,

can any advise whether this is a good image?

as dream-elite is no longer, whats teh best option now? and finally what image gives best picture output

thanks guys

It's really up to you to test the image and see whether you like it... What one person finds great, another person might really hate... Think of marmite (sorry if you don't know this, or the adverts associated with it :p) ... you may love it or hate it (but I don't think the image is like that from the reviews I've read).

Best advice I can say is to take a backup of your current image using the backup scripts (look at the top of this forum), then install the VIX image to your box. If you like it, great. If not, then install the backup you just took, and use what you were previously using...

spacemonkey
17-09-10, 18:30
My opinion is the VIX image is slightly better than the OpenPli image. picture wise there is nothing it

guff daddy
17-09-10, 21:08
In my view the DreamElite image was head and shoulders above other images. Green Panel/Blue Panel, lots of submenus to configure the box, DTT USB support, Wireless support.
Also the DE forum was good for support of English speaking users.

That's all gone now. Of the other major images (PLI/VTI/VIX) there is not a great deal of difference as all have good and bad points (although the Cool TV Guide on the VIX is the clincher for me). However the difference with VIX is that the support here is head and shoulders above other forums and the guys here go out of their way to answer all questions and deal with the issues and problems.

For that reason I will stick with this image and upgrade to verson 1.1 when it is available knowing that there will be improvements, bug fixes and that any issues I have will be sorted.

I only wish the development scene for my dm800 was as good...crappy images everywhere for that box now that DE is gone.

guff daddy
17-09-10, 21:11
One suggestion though - when you bring out Version 1.1, can you set up a separate forum for discussion of the issues and problems in the image. It's best to avoid a 52 page thread dealing with the issues as it can be difficult to wade through...

grtmoby
17-09-10, 21:19
One suggestion though - when you bring out Version 1.1, can you set up a separate forum for discussion of the issues and problems in the image. It's best to avoid a 52 page thread dealing with the issues as it can be difficult to wade through...

to be seriously considered, thanks

Stanman
18-09-10, 10:52
I have also moved from DE to this. It does what I want and its grown on me. It does not have the multitude of settings that DE did but it does what I need very well - watch TV, record and search for programmes and record.

It could with a bulit in mount manager and format option as well as reassigning some of the button but I can live with those drawbackks compared to the well integrated EPG suppport. I have tried an old PLI and VIX is def better IMHO

amires
18-09-10, 11:26
Does anyone know if v1.1 includes the ability to EPG from satellite in addition to EPG importer?

guff daddy
18-09-10, 11:36
I don't know, but the best way to do this (for 28.2E) is CrossEPG. The current version works perfectly on VIX and it is being developed and enhanced. The next version should include an importer for both xml and epg.dat zipped files such as Satmate.

andyblac
18-09-10, 12:05
I don't know, but the best way to do this (for 28.2E) is CrossEPG. The current version works perfectly on VIX and it is being developed and enhanced. The next version should include an importer for both xml and epg.dat zipped files such as Satmate.

satmate is just crossepg .dat files ;)

andyblac
18-09-10, 12:06
Does anyone know if v1.1 includes the ability to EPG from satellite in addition to EPG importer?

i have added freesat, EID & MHW epg from sats :)

guff daddy
18-09-10, 12:14
satmate is just crossepg .dat files ;)
Yes - when I used the DE image (which could do both) I used to have it set to download satmate files a couple of times in the evening (it was able to do this in the background) and a satellite download early in the morning (for days when for whatever reason the satmate file didn't work/was corrupted).

Belt and braces is a good motto.

micscave
18-09-10, 19:12
Hey andy
Any chance of a panic button on the new image, like the one in DE Blackhole ? It's a fast way to get back onto 28.2E without having to go back into the bouquet list whilst surfing other satellites. I found this useful.

many thanks

amires
18-09-10, 19:35
i have added freesat, EID & MHW epg from sats :)

That's great news. Looking forward for your V1.1
Any chance for getting EPG for DigiTurk on Eutelsat W3 and Nilesat channels (beside OSN)?

andyblac
18-09-10, 19:53
Any chance for getting EPG for DigiTurk on Eutelsat W3 and Nilesat channels (beside OSN)?

what was the key ?

andyblac
18-09-10, 19:54

what is the epg name ?

grtmoby
18-09-10, 21:05
what was the key ?

i think it was a long press on "0"

micscave
19-09-10, 09:39
It was a short press of the "0" button which takes you to the first channel in your first bouquet.

Cheers mate

Likvid
19-09-10, 10:30
All images are the same, it's just that they are targeted at different users.

I run OpenPli because i want full control and latest software each day, i have OpenPli running like DreamElite right now, it took some time to get it there but i am very happy now.

DreamElite was good for newbies or people who didn't have time to customize their image, it was plugnplay.

bob1
19-09-10, 10:30
Hey andy
Any chance of a panic button on the new image, like the one in DE Blackhole ? It's a fast way to get back onto 28.2E without having to go back into the bouquet list whilst surfing other satellites. I found this useful.

many thanks

That would be a good addition ,a quick way to get back to channel 1.

serge
19-09-10, 13:48
I am tempted to change from Dream Elite to VIX but I prefer the blue channel info caption rather than the dull grey
Any suggestions?

grtmoby
19-09-10, 13:49
r u talking about the skin.....

new sking shall be available in VIX 1.1

pooface
19-09-10, 14:01

How long do you get epg data for on digiturk?! In the new 1.1 version, I've just gone to MMX Premier, and I get epg data for 3 days... Is this the same whichever image you were using previously?!

serge
19-09-10, 14:03
not sure if its the skin, but the info bar on channel change, boring grey, sorry!

grtmoby
19-09-10, 14:06
not sure if its the skin, but the info bar on channel change, boring grey, sorry!

well not boring, it is just personal taste and this differs wide. anyway as said, new version will be having more skins

amires
19-09-10, 14:26
what is the epg name ?

I am really not sure what you mean. I am new to VU+, I used to watch satellite with a DVB card on my PC with DVBViewer which I just push the epg button and all the latest epg would be populated from the satellite and I never had to download anything from the internet. Just let me know where to look for the EPG name and I will let you know.

glic83
19-09-10, 15:25
ok the brother got a duo the other day which i set up for him,great box 1st of all,i put on the vix v1 image and think everything is set up correctly with the epg,i used dreambox edit to transfer the bouquets over for sly 28.2,i have a couple of questions in relation to addons,is there eningma 2 settings for fixed dishes ie sly,available to download via the addons manager also is therea more in depth cccam info available via addons?maybe i missed something when i set it up and i dont have it in front of me but would be nice to know for when im back at hes house,overall though the vix image is excellent so far

glic83
19-09-10, 19:19
anyone able to shed any light on my above question?

Stanman
19-09-10, 19:21
As far as I know no channel lists avilable at the moment via download but may be in new image.

If you go into set up and softcam there is all the info as on other images, you want info more than this?

glic83
19-09-10, 19:24
ill have another look next time im over there in the ecm info,hopefully they will add channel lists in the next update

grtmoby
19-09-10, 20:08
yeah channel list shall be available next update

soulmate
24-09-10, 11:11
:Dhow do you qualify for the beta tester team?:D

amires
24-09-10, 12:11
How long do you get epg data for on digiturk?! In the new 1.1 version, I've just gone to MMX Premier, and I get epg data for 3 days... Is this the same whichever image you were using previously?!

I don't get any epg for MMX Premier on VIX 1.0 and I haven't used any other image since I bought my vuplus a month ago. 3 days EPG would be great it is better than not having it at all.

Tyler
12-07-13, 18:54
Hi Guys,
I think there is a bug in update 694 for xtrend ex5000
loaded image but in channels plugins cams etc.
All working fine then I restarted the box form picons now box has open vix logo but wont boot.

I reinstalled it twice but it keeps happening so im now trying an older image.