PDA

View Full Version : Help wth VU+ duo using Sky Multiroom

digicell
17-09-10, 13:36
Hi all

i used to use sky multiroom which had a connection from my sky box going up to my bedroom so i could watch something upstairs. This would change downstairs too if anyone was watching downstairs.

can someone tell me if its possible to use the sky multioom on the VU + DUo box? I noticed that there isnt anywhere where i could connect this? Is there a different type I need to buy i.e non-sky one?

I would greatly appreciate any help please?

satmanbasil
17-09-10, 14:06
Hi mate

Your options are... a very long HDMI or Scart cable , with hdmi your need a splitter to allow connection to both down and upstairs tv's or you could use a video sender connected via scart or RCA cable to sender and scat or RCA from receiver to tv upstairs.
Another option if you have a pc in the bedroom is to use the web interface and view online you can even plug your pc into your TV if you have that option and surf the net and watch satellite from your vu on a much larger screen

hope this helps

regards

satmanbasil

pooface
17-09-10, 14:52
That doesn't sound like multiroom to me mate... Sounds more like a magic eye or something similar. Which I have never tried, but can you confirm whether it's a magic eye type thing (where it will display whatever is showing on the box downstairs), or whether it's a true multiroom that has it's own sky box and it's own sky card, with a cable going from the lnb to the box?!

richca
17-09-10, 14:57
i use this kit, very good, easy to install and set up, not too expensive

i use the uhf modulator and the omnilink

digicell
17-09-10, 17:28
Hi

Well you are right its not a different box just a small mouse that sits on top of my TV in my bed room and it allows me to watch the channels. I used to use another sky remote upstairs to then change channel or whaterver but it all opertaed using the box downstairs (soi not true multiroom)

Can you tell me the simplest way possible I can do this please?

In my TV downstairs ive currently connected a HDMI Cable from the box to the TV and i havre th scart free?

I have the COMPONENT connections free too?

satmanbasil
17-09-10, 22:22
Hi mate

I have the same system to change channels on my sky box downstairs and view upstairs however with the sky box you have a coaxel output so with this i did a cable run back out the downstairs wall and up the outside and back into the bedroom. Like i said in the post the simple way without cable runs wud be the video sender using your scart or component plugs.

You can buy from maplins see user guide attached

regards
satmanbasil

Stanman
18-09-10, 10:45
Why not do it the other way;)

digicell
25-09-10, 13:50
Wich way are you talking about?

digicell
25-09-10, 18:07
Hi

can someone tell me which one to buy as i need to get this working as soon as possible? I would appreciate if someone can help me with this as i dont even know how to set it up?

Thanks