PDA

View Full Version : [TM-SINGLE] New TM-Single ViX Team OE 3.0 Release Discussion

judge
04-12-12, 19:33
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19966&d=1348908188
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21632&d=1354704562
Brand new VIX Image - TM-Single

05/12/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.482
Vix Team is proud to present
an all new full featured Vix image for the
TM-Single

Kernel Version: 3.5.3
Drivers: 08-11-2012

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers 08/11/12.
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
Ocram for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Downloads

Stable release attached HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23840-New-TM-Single-ViX-Team-OE-3-0-Release)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Single/) (Beta's)

Sicilian
05-12-12, 12:34
Feedback here please :)

abu baniaz
10-12-12, 19:07
Only tried installing with 507

1. It lists the output connections as DVI and Scart. Surely it should be HDMI and Scart. EDIT : Also the same on 511.
2. I was on the 4D image. I tried installing Vix 507. It kept on crashing during the setup process immediately after setting up the network. The crashlog on the screen said something about update. I entered the "init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6" command and it updated to 511 and booted normally so couldn't post the crashlog.

Sicilian
10-12-12, 21:24
Only tried installing with 507

1. It lists the output connections as DVI and Scart. Surely it should be HDMI and Scart. EDIT : Also the same on 511.
2. I was on the 4D image. I tried installing Vix 507. It kept on crashing during the setup process immediately after setting up the network. The crashlog on the screen said something about update. I entered the "init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6" command and it updated to 511 and booted normally so couldn't post the crashlog.

1) Issue we know about, will be fixed soon.
2) Fixed.

abu baniaz
23-12-12, 20:00
Just flashed 534 without using a restore....

Any chance of changing the setup sequence? After reboot, you get the check internet connection. If fine, it checks the feeds. After this, you then get the network settings wizard. IMO, the network settings should come first before it checks the feeds.

Guy
21-01-13, 13:01
Hi, not sure if I am posting in the correct thread but are there any screenshots anywhere of VIX on a TMsingle?

I currrently have a VU Duo running VIX, Looking for another cheaper box (doesn't need to have twin tuners but needs to be simple to operate) and was looking at the TM single. My sister has a TM5402HD but the interface/epg is a bit of a nightmare to use. With this TM single being a linux/enigma2 box I'm assuming I can use the same bouquets I do at the moment. Will the VIX on the TM single be the same as the VIX on the Duo? Also can you set it to automatically download CrossEPG overnight etc.

thanks for the help.

Larry-G
21-01-13, 13:05
The ViX image is identical on all supported models baring where some small hardware differences come into play, so if your used to it on a duo you'll be familiar with it on any other box.

Guy
21-01-13, 23:51
Excellent thank you for the prompt reply. I'll get one ordered cheers

Bennyg
15-02-13, 00:30
I love the vix image on my VU+, Can I load this image to my TM500 super by mini web as no usb, I downloaded the vix image to my computer and extracted it to folder named update, when i am in miniweb, I can only update one file at a time, but in the new image there is 4 to 5 files,
What must i do?

mabozza
15-02-13, 00:50
I love the vix image on my VU+, Can I load this image to my TM500 super by mini web as no usb, I downloaded the vix image to my computer and extracted it to folder named update, when i am in miniweb, I can only update one file at a time, but in the new image there is 4 to 5 files,
What must i do?

Hi Benny, you can't use this image for the TM500s mate as this image is for enigma 2 & the TM500s is an enigma 1 receiver!! You could brick your TM500 by putting this image on it!

Bennyg
15-02-13, 01:00
thanks for that,is there any image for TM500 Super?

Larry-G
15-02-13, 01:08
thanks for that,is there any image for TM500 Super?

there are no ViX images for any E1 receivers.

chodna
16-02-13, 23:15
I just flashed this version and the latest 3.0.600 on my new TM-Single-OE. But when I restarted the stb, I never saw the setup wizard and the menu layout does not seem to be an openvix one..also it is German.

My other box is a VU+ Duo and this looks nothing like that and yes that is also running openvix.

When the box starts, I do the the Open Vix text, so think the image has been written correctly.

Any idea of what i could be doing wrong.

Larry-G
16-02-13, 23:18
unless you downloaded from here its likely you loaded a so called "backup image", these are produced and palmed off on other forums by users cramming the default image full of crap them making a backup often in their own name.

for peace of mind ( as you never know whats in those backups ) download the full CLEAN image from www.openvix.co.uk

chodna
16-02-13, 23:50
unless you downloaded from here its likely you loaded a so called "backup image", these are produced and palmed off on other forums by users cramming the default image full of crap them making a backup often in their own name.

for peace of mind ( as you never know whats in those backups ) download the full CLEAN image from www.openvix.co.uk

Jus to be sure, I did the following:

Got the latest bootloader from openvix.co.uk and flashed it.

Then got openvix-3.0.600-tmsingle_usb.zip from openvix.co.uk and flashed it.

As expected when I started the box up with the USB in the port on the front, I had to press OK to start the flashing. Serveral minutes later, got the message to remove usb and power off and on again.

Did so, was greeted with the open-vix logo. Let it boot up and then there was no setup wizard, went straight to channel "1 Das Erste".

Pressing Menu, I do not see the menu that I'm used.. Even going to the Setup Icon, I'm asked for a password which is 0000.

Also I've removed my HDD and there is nothing elese plugged in.

Here is an image of what I'm seeing, when I press the menu button.23673

digidude
16-02-13, 23:53
turn off the power to the receiver, turn it back on, and for the first 5 seconds of booting, press the EXIT button on the front of the receiver, and this will fix it for you

chodna
16-02-13, 23:54
Just an update..

Read that after flashing, you have to keep pressing exit.. Did that and now can see the latest openvix image that I flashed, along with the setup wizard.

Thanks for your help

EDIT: Thanks digidude

abu baniaz
16-02-13, 23:54
You are booting in non E2 mode. Switch off, when you restart keep pressing exit on receiver.

judge
17-02-13, 00:05
Could the ViX flash you tried have been a corrupt download? Maybe try downloading again & flashing again.

Larry-G
17-02-13, 00:12
Jus to be sure, I did the following:

Got the latest bootloader from openvix.co.uk and flashed it.

Then got openvix-3.0.600-tmsingle_usb.zip from openvix.co.uk and flashed it.

As expected when I started the box up with the USB in the port on the front, I had to press OK to start the flashing. Serveral minutes later, got the message to remove usb and power off and on again.

Did so, was greeted with the open-vix logo. Let it boot up and then there was no setup wizard, went straight to channel "1 Das Erste".

Pressing Menu, I do not see the menu that I'm used.. Even going to the Setup Icon, I'm asked for a password which is 0000.

Also I've removed my HDD and there is nothing elese plugged in.

Here is an image of what I'm seeing, when I press the menu button.23673

Thats not ViX mate it's not even enigma 2 but the default image that comes with these boxes as there dual boot.

Larry-G
17-02-13, 00:14
Could the ViX flash you tried have been a corrupt download? Maybe try downloading again & flashing again.

nahh mate he just booted into the none E2 side.

Larry-G
17-02-13, 00:20
the op's problem has been resolved, all useless replies removed.

Sicilian
17-02-13, 09:26
I just flashed this version and the latest 3.0.600 on my new TM-Single-OE. But when I restarted the stb, I never saw the setup wizard and the menu layout does not seem to be an openvix one..also it is German.

My other box is a VU+ Duo and this looks nothing like that and yes that is also running openvix.

When the box starts, I do the the Open Vix text, so think the image has been written correctly.

Any idea of what i could be doing wrong.

With reference to this post above and some of the replies that followed, many had to be removed and resulted in this thread being locked.

I fully standby by the guidance given by admin and staff here.

The original post above mentions nothing about '1 Das Erstre' or pressing of Menu button which would have been clear signs that the poster had booted into NON E2 Mode.

Pheonix's advise was spot on. Due to the amount of spoon feed backup images floating around that do no favors for the end user when things go wrong or they need to update certain things. We do not support any kind of so called 'hobbyist' backup images here. Really do not understand how a backup modified image can be called a 'hobbyist' image. Where's the hobby gone if the end user has been spoonfed and done nothing for themselves?? :confused: Therefore in order for anyone in the team to help the poster we need to be sure that a genuine ViX image has been flashed to his receiver.

Chodna's reply @ 22:50 gave the indication of what his issue was, Digidude then posted the solution before anyone in the team had a chance to reply and then reported the post for some strange reason tried to discredit staff here. The real issue here was Chodna's obvious failure to read fully and apply the correct flashing instructions here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23847-How-to-USB-flash-upgrade-Technomate-TM-Single Had Chodna followed step 9 fully, this issue would have not been posted.

Slammed Mind
12-04-13, 11:28
Not sure of this is a Vix issue, Technomate issue or Cross EPG issue but my TM single is not loading the EPG to my USB, I have tried several USB sticks, and have cross EPG configured exactly the same as I have on my Solo and duo but everytime I unplug my TM single the EPG is gone and has to be redownloaded. This doesnt happen on my duo & solo

Larry-G
12-04-13, 12:30
as has been pointed out many times, once the EPG is loaded it's data is held in live memory or cached to give it the correct term, when you remove the power you are clearing this cached data. when the receiver is powered back up it must re load from the storage device in order to again load the EPG data into the flash.