PDA

View Full Version : newbie just purchased vu+ ultimo

deanoz123
04-12-12, 21:02
Hi all,

I have purchased a vu+ ultimo and I am new to enigma 2 and Linux, just started on this game and previously had a spiderbox 5000sd which I used to align my dish and learn a bit about the satellite game, so now I am looking for a complete guide to setting this beast up!

I am in newcastle I have a 1.1m triax motorised dish and got into the hobby to watch foreign channels for the premier league, I know I need a sub just need it all set up so can receive the sats and channels I need.

Thanks in advance

Dean

*** post updated due to closed thread, (sorry didn't realise that I had spoken outside of rules)

deanoz123
04-12-12, 21:25
anyone???????????

Stanman
04-12-12, 21:29
You need to go into
MENU>setup>tuner configuration and set up from their if motor than it needs to be
Simple
Positioner
your lat and long
rest leave as default.

You need to do this on tuner the motor goes to.

For fixed dish its
simple
single
dish ie astra 28.2E - press left right and it will scroll through.

deanoz123
04-12-12, 21:45
O.K. mate thanks for reply, I need to set up with motorised dish, I work away so I am not with my box at the moment just trying to gather as much info as I can ready for when I get back home! I had a little dabble for an hour before I set off to work away but it seemed like it expected your dish to be perfectly fitted, as in no moving east or west and locking onto a sat???? is this normal???

Stanman
04-12-12, 22:06
you need to put the coordinates in right ie north east or north west.

Go to somewhere like dishpointer and it will tell you for your location the longitude and latitude you need to put in.

deanoz123
04-12-12, 22:50
ive got my long and lat inputted for both tuners allready, im used to a mor simple spiderbox set up, but i am very excited by the ultimo!!