PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] update 473 and it wiped my hdd

edogg
03-12-12, 21:31
I updated to 473 today and tried to install sabnzbd -src my duo crashed and when it rebooted all my recordings and backups on my internal hdd had been wiped the hard drive only has empty folders now crash log 135456599.0 and debug log 1354566157.3 have been sent I suppose it was the systemplugin sabnzbd that caused this unfortunate mishap rather than the update

judge
03-12-12, 21:34
are you sure it's not just mounted properly?
blue button -> VIX -> Mount Manager

edogg
03-12-12, 21:44
yes i cheked that it is mounted I can access it through ftp and the folders for backup,timeshift and movies are there but they are empty I have ftp'd a movie to it so the hdd is ok just not showing my recordings one of which i made just before the crash

dfdream
04-12-12, 16:19
Have you a USB Key installed as well.
It happened me once that the USB key ended up with the folders you mention and I wasnt browsing the HDD at all but the USB.
I remounted the HDD and the folders and files were available again.
D

pooface
04-12-12, 17:11
If you telnet in to your box, and issue the commands:

mount
df -h

This will show whether the device is actually mounted, and if it is, how much space is in use... This will confirm whether you definitely have it mourned, and whether it has indeed been formatted.

Once you have entered the above commands, post the results on here, and we can check for you...

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

edogg
06-12-12, 15:38
If you telnet in to your box, and issue the commands:

mount
df -h

This will show whether the device is actually mounted, and if it is, how much space is in use... This will confirm whether you definitely have it mourned, and whether it has indeed been formatted.

Once you have entered the above commands, post the results on here, and we can check for you...

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

the hdd is mounted because I can ftp to it. The hdd was just blank apart from the mentioned folders which were empty, and did not have any of the recordings or media files and backups that I had been using. I have since re-ftp'd the file's to the hdd and re-recorded the recordings ( thank's to sky interminable repeats )
I am still not sure if it was the update that caused it to reformat the hdd or the sabnzb.ipk that caused the crash and reformat as i had not looked at the media/movie folder until after the sabnzb failed install crashed the duo. I presume it was this that some how wiped the harddrive as the hdd was still mounted and usable without me doing anything else other than ftp into media/hdd/movie

I had a usb key and usb hdd as well as the internal hdd fitted and both the usb devices were fine. I checked by pressing the file button then yellow and selecting each location

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 15:42
Being able to FTP to an HDD doesn't say what device it actually is. Might as well be flash mounted as such......
The only way to be sure is to do what was suggested.

Anyway: there's no way an image update can cause an HDD to be re-initialized.

edogg
07-12-12, 10:52
thanks rob I did do what was suggested after i had ftp (media/hdd/movie) it showed as /dev/sda1 488.28GB 460 free it should only have had 300ish free
If as you say and I believe you the update did not cause the hdd to be initialised /reformated.
It was trying to install sabnzb.ipk from the feed that caused this, thanks for all the suggestions from everyone.
I will not be trying to install that again. I was just wondering if I could use sabnzb to download to the harddrive but not bothered now