PDA

View Full Version : No Cams and Channel searching problems

Tyler
17-09-10, 09:52
Hi loaded vix image a few times.
Problems i am having no +cams are in the pluins.
Sometimes it wont pick up any channels when i do a scan.
Loaded dreamelite and it picked up channels no prob.

pooface
17-09-10, 12:06
moved this to it's own thread, as you hijacked another members post with this that isn't related...

No ideas why the channels aren't scanning. Have you tried updating your satellites.xml file to have all the transponders in?!

In regards to the cams no showing, I assume you have the box connected to the internet?! If so, try telnetting in to your box and typing "ipkg update"...

satmanbasil
17-09-10, 13:16
Hi mate

Ok can you supply us with more details ... when you arrow down and press the green button how many satellites do you see, do you have the basic 2-3 that you select when in wizzard?.
Have you installed any settings using dreamedit or dreamset ?

Ok a quick walk through on channel search incase you missed something... first make sure your dish is point at the satellite you wish to scan.

Press "Menu" arrow down to "Setup"
Now select "Service Search" scroll down to "Manual Scan"
Now arrow down to "Type of Scan" and left/right arrow until you see "Single Satellite"
Now arrow down to next line "Satellite" and left/right arrow until you see the satellite you wish to scan
Then make sure under these lines that the following apply

Network ....yes
Clear Before Scan ... yes or no ...ur option
Free only.... No

Now press ok and it should start

Hope this helps

By the way when you installed did you set up the network Connection as if i recall with vix its not part of the install wizzard process test then go "Menu" ...plugins then green button and cam will come up in the listing

regards

satmanbasil