PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Really weird fault...can you help?

s1m0nw
03-12-12, 20:20
hey guys

Got a weird fault occuring when trying to switch box on

Vu+ duo Genunine

Yesterday it worked perfect same as any other day but today I came in to it crashed and stuck on error screen which appeared to be that its crashed when update crossepg but now it wont start up.

gets past the starting stage openvix bkground with loading then just the plain openvix bkground with the VIX spinning but before that its came up with an error but away too quick for me to see what it is thats wrong.

I have posted the crashlog

Trial
03-12-12, 20:23
Hi,
you filled your flash "No space left on device". Connect per ftp and delete something.

ciao

s1m0nw
03-12-12, 20:35
mmmm wonder how everything should be going to hdd. whats directory of flash?

Trial
03-12-12, 21:00
Hi,
when you connect with FTP flash is most of /

You can try to remove some plugins at /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extension or remove some skins at /usr/share/enigma2

But be careful or you can reflash. On the other hand if you made backups of your settings and plugins a reflash would be faster if you have no experience with Linux.

ciao

s1m0nw
03-12-12, 21:09
Good man!! sorted. I completely forgot where the plugin directory was looking all over the place for it then i seen your post.

Ive got 2 skins well 3 in total if u count vix default skin on box will remove the other 2

Cheers

Human 19
20-04-13, 22:46
I had the same issue after trying to install webbrowser on the VU+Duo. Im on openvix 3.0.649,by the way.
I managed to ftp into it and remove a few other plugins to give me 2MB of breathing space.

As there was not enough space to install all of the plugin,I was wondering if there was something like a tmp folder where the unused data is still stored which Icould delete?

I had a look through the various folders but couldnt find anything.

Anyone know of such temp files Icould delete?

Larry-G
22-04-13, 16:07
I had the same issue after trying to install webbrowser on the VU+Duo. Im on openvix 3.0.649,by the way.
I managed to ftp into it and remove a few other plugins to give me 2MB of breathing space.

As there was not enough space to install all of the plugin,I was wondering if there was something like a tmp folder where the unused data is still stored which Icould delete?

I had a look through the various folders but couldnt find anything.

Anyone know of such temp files Icould delete?

The Web browser is a very large plugin and takes up valuable memory space especially on low memory receivers like the Duo. This is why we dont include it prebuilt into the image, but chose to present it as a optional plugin for those who wanted it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

im2020
17-09-13, 14:46
Where can I find this optional Web Browser plugin for Vix 3.0.734 on Vu+ Duo2?

Rob van der Does
17-09-13, 14:49
If you install HbbTV the webbrowser will be installed.

im2020
17-09-13, 15:34
Thanks Rob. That worked fine. One of the reasons I had been struggling was I didn't know I had to press green when looking at the plugin menu before I could even see hbbtv.

One further question, though. I won't really be using any of the fancier hbbtv functions. Is installing hbbtv just to get the opera browser somehow inefficient? Can opera be installed on its own?

Rob van der Does
17-09-13, 15:50
Nope: Opera comes with the HbbTV package. But it is slow, and (as far as I know) that has nothing to do with HbbTV; I think it's just the full browser package, that is maybe to heavy.
Anyway: there are far more comfortable options to browse the web then via the TV :p