PDA

View Full Version : VIX image - no meter display when dish is moving.

mr rx
03-12-12, 16:09
Hi Guys,

When I move the dish to a different Sat the signal strength meter on the second info bar remains at Zero, nothing being read. When the Sat gets LOCK it comes back on.

I prefered having the strength bar going up and down as it passes other Sats.....

I would be grateful if anyone else expereinces this, I am running the latest version which I think is 472 and wondered if there is an easy fix.

Rob van der Does
03-12-12, 16:13
I preferred having the strength bar going up and down as it passes other Sats.........
It does here.......

mr rx
03-12-12, 18:01
Strange sounds like my box.... The previous earlier images from VIX were working fine, just the later ones seem to have developed this issue so was thinking it was purely a local settings thats needs changing?

Ultimately I will re flash to see if this fixes it but wanted to first check this is not a common simple fix.

Thanks,
Justin

Rob van der Does
03-12-12, 18:22
And if you use the positioner and move slowly away from a satellite?

mr rx
04-12-12, 17:43
Hi Rob.

It no longer displays arc signal as it moves over other sats. Signal strength only resume once the dish stops and settles on the correct channel/sat.

I really want the old style back, one whereby arc strength is ALWAYS displayed regardless on channel/sat.

Rob van der Does
04-12-12, 18:05
Could you please try the skin 'Magic-HD' and see if that makes any difference?

mr rx
06-12-12, 00:10
Hi Rob,

Tried that no change, going to try and re flash the box with different team image, black hole etc.... just to see if its hardware related.

Thanks,

Justin

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 07:02
Maybe your motor is moving too fast?

mr rx
08-12-12, 00:37
quick update, loaded black hole 1.7.6 and 1.7.8 and working as normal..... the only thing i can see that is different when you enter the tuner setup on the VIX they have additional settings below for speed etc.... The black hole does not have these and like you said Rob, on the VIX image could these be making the dish move too fast albeit they are set at default? These are the only settings I can see that differ for Tuner setup...
Thanks

Rob van der Does
08-12-12, 07:25
Those settings do not actually change the speed of the motor: that is dependant on the motor itself.
Those values are just for the image, so it can more accurately calculate when the dish should be pointing to the desired satellite (so the icon can stop showing).

And as I said: on my boxes the AGC going up & down around a satellite still work as usual on ViX.

mr rx
13-12-12, 11:00
Thanks for that Rob,

I have moved to BH 1.7.9 as AGC is working fine but unfortunately VIX is not. I'm using Ultimo purchased from sponsor herein. I will revisit VIX image after a few updates to check and report back...