thanks

bassethound
17-09-10, 10:51
No the images are not compatible!

See this post about the next image release

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2176-Update-from-UR-Team-TM-800

pooface
17-09-10, 11:04
No, that's like trying to use android on a windows mobile phone... It's just not possible. It would require someone to change the dm800 image, add all the drivers and image specific info etc from a tm800 image in to a dm800 image...

It can be done, but the amount of time and effort spent doing it wouldn't be worth it, because you'd end up with virtually exactly the same image as a UR image...

reddishd
02-10-10, 23:34
All I can say is the Technomate 800-HD is running PLI and is not a CLONE so you can put PLI images on no problems.
I also here in 2 days time there is a good stable image coming out for the TM800hd with card reader support + them smargo+ you all have.
Laphing, good stuff and thank you Digidude AGAIN!

RealMacoy2
03-10-10, 11:06
where will i be able to download the new image

fdlsys
03-10-10, 15:43
All I can say is the Technomate 800-HD is running PLI and is not a CLONE so you can put PLI images on no problems.
I also here in 2 days time there is a good stable image coming out for the TM800hd with card reader support + them smargo+ you all have.
Laphing, good stuff and thank you Digidude AGAIN!

Reddishd, you don't seem to understand the "small" difference between the "Enigma2" and the "image"?
No, of course you can NOT put ANY OF THE PLi images onto TM800 because there were NO PLi images compiled for TM800, ever. PLi HD images are strictly for DM and VU+, that's it.
PLi "Enigma2" open source is a completely different story that you need to understand much better before dishing out the statements like that.

Pooface is of course right about TM800, except that the analogy he used is not quite correct - you can actually run Android on "Windows Mobile" phone ;) Not on every single one, but there is Android firmware (image) for a good number of HTCs that natively come loaded with WinMobile.