PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Problem and how Restore complete image backup

nammen
03-12-12, 00:32
Hi,

after the last upgrade, 473, my cccam don't connect to server, so I want restore a complete image backup, because from the vix image manager can't do it. I have tried with the backup manager but don't do anything, the version don't change.

in the full image backup I have only two files, kernel.bin and rootfs.bin, please, can you tell me how restore this backup?

thanks in advance.

Nunzio

Sicilian
03-12-12, 06:04
You need to copy lcdsplash.bin, lcdwaitkey.bin, lcdwarning.bin, noforce and splash.bin from a downloaded image to gigablue > quad

Larry-G
03-12-12, 07:18
backup manager creates a backup of your settings and plugins, you can restore this via the backup manager but it wont restore a image in the way you want.
image manager can not be used to restore images only create them, to restore a image you must flash it via a USB stick as you would any other image.

nammen
03-12-12, 08:29
backup manager creates a backup of your settings and plugins, you can restore this via the backup manager but it wont restore a image in the way you want.
image manager can not be used to restore images only create them, to restore a image you must flash it via a USB stick as you would any other image.

so, I put the two files kernel.bin and rootfs.bin on usb stick and flash? because the image that I donwload have many files...

thanks.

nammen
03-12-12, 08:33

sorry but I don't understand...

I have to copy the files that you say on usb stick with kernel.bin and rootfs.bin and flash? or ?

sorry but for me tis is a new world...

Sicilian
03-12-12, 09:18
Follow my post 2.

nammen
03-12-12, 10:17
Follow my post 2.

i want follow your post, but you are too Quick with the reply :-) I have to copy the files above in the root of quad and that's all or i have to find the same file in any directory and overwrite?
be patient :-)

Sicilian
03-12-12, 18:20
Download vix image from www.openvix.co.uk and copy the files from the image you download.