PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Build 473 HbbTV applications - Crash

stick50jr
02-12-12, 10:14
After upgrading to Build 473, I downloaded the hbbtv plugin from the feeds.
After a restart, I noted that the Opera Web Browser was available in plugins list.
I also noted new entries in the 'extension menu' (ie blue button):
Browser Start/Stop, HbbTV Applications
When I selected the latter, the system crashed, Ref: 1354438996.88
Logs have been emailed.

I'm not familiar with HbbTV and possibly I needed to do some configuration or setting up before selecting the HbbTV Applications? I had similar problems on previous builds but did not save the logs as I have now in this build.

saxon
02-12-12, 10:55
im having the exact same issues whenever i press HbbTV Applications my vu crashes hence i had to uninstall

Rob van der Does
02-12-12, 11:02
Just read your report. Although you'll probably not want to hear this, the only thing I can say is that it works fine her (also on 473).
Answering your question: no, no setup is required.
However, there's one flaw atm (which doesn't cause a crash): please copy the bookmark.ini from /usr/local/hbb-browser/home to etc/enigma2 (make sure that the browser is closed before doing so).

stick50jr
02-12-12, 12:14
Just read your report. Although you'll probably not want to hear this, the only thing I can say is that it works fine her (also on 473).
Answering your question: no, no setup is required.
However, there's one flaw atm (which doesn't cause a crash): please copy the bookmark.ini from /usr/local/hbb-browser/home to etc/enigma2 (make sure that the browser is closed before doing so).

Took your advice and put a copy of bookmark.ini into etc/enigma2 with attribute 777. The Opera Browser seems to work but the bookmarks contained within the file don't seem to be available within Opera. I did a restart but still the bookmarks did not appear within Opera.

Still the HbbTV Applications within 'extensions menu' continues to cause a crash. I guess I'll uninstall until it can be looked at.

cheers

GAH2402
02-12-12, 12:37
Hi Guys,

Been trying HBB TV and it was working fairly well (although I had some issues at the start). Anyway, upgraded to Build 473 and Opera wouldn't start. However, the problem is the Bookmarks.ini file I copied as per a previous post (from /usr/local/hbb-browser/home to etc/enigma2). If I remove it from etc/enigma2 everything works reasonably well. If the file is in etc/enigma2 then Opera won't start. I've tried numerous restarts which have made no difference, so I've removed the bookmarks.ini file from etc/enigma 2 for the time being.

GAH

Delagroov
02-12-12, 13:34
Took your advice and put a copy of bookmark.ini into etc/enigma2 with attribute 777. The Opera Browser seems to work but the bookmarks contained within the file don't seem to be available within Opera. I did a restart but still the bookmarks did not appear within Opera.

Still the HbbTV Applications within 'extensions menu' continues to cause a crash. I guess I'll uninstall until it can be looked at.

cheers

You need to rename it
hbbtv_bookmark.ini

Dont know why it crashes..cant see the log here.(so append it here to see what error it shows)

But her it works okay

I suggest last try to remove the hbbtv plugin and start from scratch.

Delagroov
02-12-12, 13:36
Hi Guys,

Been trying HBB TV and it was working fairly well (although I had some issues at the start). Anyway, upgraded to Build 473 and Opera wouldn't start. However, the problem is the Bookmarks.ini file I copied as per a previous post (from /usr/local/hbb-browser/home to etc/enigma2). If I remove it from etc/enigma2 everything works reasonably well. If the file is in etc/enigma2 then Opera won't start. I've tried numerous restarts which have made no difference, so I've removed the bookmarks.ini file from etc/enigma 2 for the time being.

GAH
You need to rename it...

hbbtv_bookmark.ini or

the first time you enter bookmarks it create the file, but to then view the new bookmarks you have to leave the screen and re-enter it.

stick50jr
02-12-12, 15:41
Okay,

copied bookmarks.ini to hbbtv_bookmark.ini in etc\enigma2 but this also caused a crash.
then I noticed that bookmarks.ini and the hbbtv_bookmark.ini are a different format.
edited the bookmarks.ini file to have same format as hbbtv_bookmark.ini and placed this in etc\enigma2
now the extra bookmarks show up within Opera:)

So Opera seems to work (as it previously did without the extra bookmarks).

However, the HbbTV Applications within 'extensions menu' still causes a crash (as per emailed logs referenced in previous post):confused:

I've attached these logs in case they went astray

andyblac
02-12-12, 15:53
Okay,

copied bookmarks.ini to hbbtv_bookmark.ini in etc\enigma2 but this also caused a crash.
then I noticed that bookmarks.ini and the hbbtv_bookmark.ini are a different format.
edited the bookmarks.ini file to have same format as hbbtv_bookmark.ini and placed this in etc\enigma2
now the extra bookmarks show up within Opera:)

So Opera seems to work (as it previously did without the extra bookmarks).

However, the HbbTV Applications within 'extensions menu' still causes a crash (as per emailed logs referenced in previous post):confused:

I've attached these logs in case they went astray

tweaked code for next update.