PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on 'Starting'

myself01
01-12-12, 11:17
Hi,

This morning I switched on my TM-Twin box and it displayed 'Starting' on the front panel of the box.
It's been stuck there all along.

I have tried disconnecting usb hdd and ethernet cable and switching it off and on - but no luck.

I even tried putting the latest bootloader on a usb key, inserting it in the front usb, and restarting the box while repeatedly pressing the 'Exit' button - but nothing else happens.

Can anyone please help me on how to resolve this? Or has the box died?

I have also seen one more issue occasionally and that is to do with recordings. Sometimes, the programs are recorded but cannot be played at all. I can see that the file size of the recorded file is as big as it should be, but it does not plays.

Any idea on why this might happen.

Fyi, I'm using latest 4D image (as I could not get the Vix image to access my USB NTFS HDD at all).

Thanks.

Maxwell
01-12-12, 12:08
You mention reflashing the bootloader but have you also reflashed the image ?

myself01
01-12-12, 14:26
No...

I meant that I tried to flash the bootloader but nothing happened.
The display on the box never said 'Found new firmware' or anything similar. It just kept saying 'Starting' and is still saying the same.

Any ideas of something that I can try?

judge
01-12-12, 14:31
Try a different USB stick or reformat the one you are using.

abu baniaz
01-12-12, 16:59
Make another copy of what you are trying to flash.

The structure should be something like \update\tmtwin\******* alternatively it will be \update\tmtwinoe\*******
The objective is to duplicate what comes after update so you will have both "tmtwinoe" and "tmtwin". It will find whatever it needs.

Hopefully that makes sense.

myself01
01-12-12, 17:31
Thanks for all your suggestions.

I've tried a different USB stick (including formatting it FAT32) but the same thing. It does not gets recognized.
I looked at the back of the box and the network socket lights are off as well. the box is not coming on the network and cannot connect/ping to it.

After reading other forums, I tried connecting scart cable instead of the HDMI and it seems to show some picture on the tv when I switch it on. Though I cannot make sense of the picture because it is quite jumbled up and my tv also says 'Invalid Scan Frequency'. I do not get anything on HDMI cable.

Lastly, I was also reading that some people have also encountered that the CrossEPG can write onto the internal flash instead of the HDD, thereby corrupting the internal flash.

Don't know if that could be the issue as I had it set to refresh everyday at 4 am.

I'm on the verge of giving up as I cannot get anything to work now.

May be it needs a visit back to Technomate !!!

Any more ideas?

pooface
01-12-12, 18:16

I've tried a different USB stick (including formatting it FAT32) but the same thing. It does not gets recognized.
I looked at the back of the box and the network socket lights are off as well. the box is not coming on the network and cannot connect/ping to it.

After reading other forums, I tried connecting scart cable instead of the HDMI and it seems to show some picture on the tv when I switch it on. Though I cannot make sense of the picture because it is quite jumbled up and my tv also says 'Invalid Scan Frequency'. I do not get anything on HDMI cable.

Lastly, I was also reading that some people have also encountered that the CrossEPG can write onto the internal flash instead of the HDD, thereby corrupting the internal flash.

Don't know if that could be the issue as I had it set to refresh everyday at 4 am.

Any more ideas?

Do you have a null modem cable, that you can connect to the box, then used putty connected to the serial, and get a bootlog. This should give us an idea as to what the problem could be...

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

myself01
01-12-12, 18:19
Unfortunately I do not have a null modem cable and have never use one so don't know anything about it.

abu baniaz
01-12-12, 18:28
Can you boot into the non E2 mode by pressing Menu whilst it boots up?

Jony
01-12-12, 19:06
Any more ideas?
use this image which has 2 files image /bootload also it is auto for old or new image
Unzip it see the update folder copy past to root directory of your usb
Download 2 times when 2nd times ends press intermittently on the exit button for 10 second
---------------
After this download if you wish to use vix image you need to download boot load first then vix image as vix image has 3.5.3 kernal

myself01
02-12-12, 02:14
I don't think I can boot into the non E2 mode as well.

All that happens is that when I connect tv through scart connection, I can see some lines on the tv and it looks like something is being displayed on the tv (but is not understandable at all).

Then it disappears after some time and I'm back to square one.

Again, I kept an eye on the network connection and the network port's lights on the back of the twin box are switched off.

Don't know if there is anything I can do really !!!!.

Any other ideas before I decide to send it back to Technomate??

BTW, thanks all for your suggestions and help.

Jony
02-12-12, 03:27
Try to download 4d image if finally cannot then best way to send it to tm let them to fix it for you