PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to PC - how to display channel info on PC?

sonc
16-09-10, 22:08
Hi,

I can stream from my duo to Pc using the web interface and vlc. Is there a way of displaying the caid, provider, channel info etc. on the PC screen?

If I'm watching on the TV I can press the blue button, or press the OK button twice, to see this.

I'm using Dream Elite image.

Thanks.

grtmoby
16-09-10, 22:18
if u use the webinterface then u can use the webremote to do as u r used to when watching the tv

sonc
16-09-10, 22:28
Thanks for the quick reply. I can bring up the image of the remote, but clicking on the buttons does nothing.

grtmoby
16-09-10, 23:49
do a search on the forum for web remote and i will do as will trying to give a hand (but wouldn't be able to do it till morning) and u shall find how to solve this and make it works

sonc
17-09-10, 00:30
I found this on Dream Elite's forum (cached google search as forum has gone now):

You need to to modify the file

RemoteControl.py

contained in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/WebInterface/WebComponents/Sources

The following line

fp = open("/dev/input/event2", 'wb')

must be modified this way

fp = open("/dev/input/event0", 'wb')

Then reboot and the WebRemote will start working.

It does work, kind of. Whereas you can normally view channels on the PC while the Duo is in stanby, I could only get the remote to work by having the Duo switched to the channel I was watching. Anyway that's a start.

Its a bit late now, so will have a proper play tomorrow. Thanks for the quick response grtmoby.