PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Timeshift settings or am i missing something?

ant2k04
30-11-12, 14:53
Hi, Im currently running the latest VIX image 3.0.445 on my VU+ Duo and have a 500gb internal HDD. I have got time shift enabled and set record time to 400 mins. The only problem i have found is that if i pause on a channel go get a beer nip loo etc so its been paused for like 10 mins, when the program finishes and im then 10 minutes behind the next program on the same channel, rather than it rolling into the next program it jumps 10 minutes into it. and this can be really annoying if you want to watch a few programs back to back and have the need to pause.

Has anyone got a fix for this or am i missing something on my set up.

The way ive been getting round this is by making sure i set all the programs i want to watch to record so when it jumps to the middle of the next program i can rewind to the beginning.

Thanks
Ant2k04

degoosefish
29-12-12, 00:24
HI
did you get an answer for this problem? I would like to know the answer to this one thanks - any vu duo experts out there please explain how to enable the time shift set up correctly ?

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 07:11
tbh: I wouldn't know. I never watch live-TV, I record everything I might be interested in.

tonyvix
29-12-12, 07:43
tbh: I wouldn't know. I never watch live-TV, I record everything I might be interested in.

I thought my wife was the only one who does that !!

If I had 5 HDD's she could fill them !

Cheers

Larry-G
29-12-12, 07:50
There are Two types of time-shift available.

Timeshift which is installed and activated by default, allowing you to pause Live TV for a preset time. allowing you to for example take the dog for a walk in the middle of a movie and PTS or permanent time shift which needs to be activated via the menu.

as for their exact setup and use on that i'm a little ropey as like rob most of my viewing tends to be of prerecorded programs due to the insane hours i work.

degoosefish
30-12-12, 00:30
thanks for input I is a newbee to vu duo just asking lots of questions