PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Unable to upload Timers.xml

satnav
29-11-12, 20:56
I have read in some post that it is possible when re-flashing and building a system from scratch that one can copy the xml timer files and place them back upload with FTP when finished so as not to lose them.

This worked for the power timer but not for the recording timer, as when viewed on box it was empty, adding another timer from epg worked, but then reduced the file size to a low number bytes not several Kb as before when copied in! and now just containing latest timer only.

andyblac
29-11-12, 21:02
I have read in some post that it is possible when re-flashing and building a system from scratch that one can copy the xml timer files and place them back upload with FTP when finished so as not to lose them.

This worked for the power timer but not for the recording timer, as when viewed on box it was empty, adding another timer from epg worked, but then reduced the file size to a low number bytes not several Kb as before when copied in! and now just containing latest timer only.

should work, as code is the same. try a gui restart after ftp'ing them into box.

satnav
29-11-12, 21:08
Thanks, i think i tried that at the time but unable to try again as recording stuff now but I will try next time. :cool:

andyblac
29-11-12, 21:17
Thanks, i think i tried that at the time but unable to try again as recording stuff now but I will try next time. :cool:

np, it should work, if not try in telnet

init 4

then ftp 'timers.xml' into /etc/enigma2, then in telnet

init 3

satnav
29-11-12, 21:20
Great thanks Andy ill try it. :cool: