PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Change in Recording Type deafaults in timers.

GiP
29-11-12, 18:36
Hi,

I don't know if it is a change in the defaults or I changed something but the default for "recording type' when adding a timer is now "descramble and record ecm" while all my old timers have "normal".

Is there a difference? And in that case is it possible to make normal the default again? I looked in all the "setup"s but couldn't find it.

G

andyblac
29-11-12, 21:12
Hi,

I don't know if it is a change in the defaults or I changed something but the default for "recording type' when adding a timer is now "descramble and record ecm" while all my old timers have "normal".

Is there a difference? And in that case is it possible to make normal the default again? I looked in all the "setup"s but couldn't find it.

G

the new default is safer, it means that 'IF' your softcam fails the ECM (encryption) is also recorded, so you can later decrypt it (if dirvers support it)

GiP
29-11-12, 21:32
the new default is safer, it means that 'IF' your softcam fails the ECM (encryption) is also recorded, so you can later decrypt it (if dirvers support it)

Ah! Does that mean that I can record a program when the card is not inserted and view it later when I have it? Sometimes my brother use the card in the SKY box (YUK!) to watch something else...

G

hollinshead
29-11-12, 21:36
I'm having the same issue with my GB Quad, is there an easy way to change the default back to "normal" please?

GiP
29-11-12, 21:45
I'm having the same issue with my GB Quad, is there an easy way to change the default back to "normal" please?

As I understand what Andy said, there is no need as the result is exactly the same....

G

Rob van der Does
29-11-12, 21:47
Ah! Does that mean that I can record a program when the card is not inserted and view it later when I have it? Sometimes my brother use the card in the SKY box (YUK!) to watch something else...
That depends on hardware/drivers. As far as I know the Xtrend's are (at the moment) the only boxes that support that.

Why would you want to do that? What would be the benefit of that?

hollinshead
29-11-12, 22:28
Why would you want to do that? What would be the benefit of that?

It causes requests to be made to the card when playing back a recorded file when there is no need for it to be doing it.

I know you can change it per timer but I want to be able to make the default setting "normal"

andyblac
30-11-12, 00:54
It causes requests to be made to the card when playing back a recorded file when there is no need for it to be doing it.

I know you can change it per timer but I want to be able to make the default setting "normal"

no if does not, you have to run the file thought a special procedure to decrypt the file.

hollinshead
30-11-12, 01:02
no if does not, you have to run the file thought a special procedure to decrypt the file.

Files playback fine with the card removed.

I just need to change the default setting for all timers.

andyblac
30-11-12, 01:04
Files playback fine with the card removed.

I just need to change the default setting for all timers.

as i said IF the card was present at time of recording it will decrypt it, and play back will NOT try to use the card again. with these new defaults, but if the card is not present it will still recrod the ECM data for off line decrypting later.

no need to change settings.

hollinshead
30-11-12, 01:25
as i said IF the card was present at time of recording it will decrypt it, and play back will NOT try to use the card again. with these new defaults, but if the card is not present it will still recrod the ECM data for off line decrypting later.

no need to change settings.

I tried recording something with the card removed, put the card back in and played it back. Requests were sent to the card and it got decrypted by the card. The screen however was black and there was nothing to be seen.

All I want to know is how to change the default setting to "normal"

andyblac
30-11-12, 01:39
I tried recording something with the card removed, put the card back in and played it back. Requests were sent to the card and it got decrypted by the card. The screen however was black and there was nothing to be seen.

All I want to know is how to change the default setting to "normal"

then how is that decrypted ?

simple you can't