PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Text editing issues on recent releases

satnav
29-11-12, 15:10
I have found for the past week at least that the ability to input text has changed!

If I use my ultimo qwerty type RC keypad that works fine but if I use the normal numeric keys on TV side of RC that's all they type 0 to 9 i.e you cant tab repeatedly through the on screen characters that are displayed you just get a row of the key number typed instead. :confused:

Hope that's clear cant give you a screen shot as find files has stopped working from here.

Another typing issue I experienced when I tried the PLI skin you cant type anything. Reverting back to the vix skin I still had the issue I had to re-flash and not use backup files to restore the function, using backup settings it still failed after a re-flash. So sorry I don't have any logs etc. :cool:

satnav
29-11-12, 15:15
5555 typing screen shot attached

satnav
29-11-12, 15:19
more screen shot

Odd it leaves the key selection on exit!

Trial
29-11-12, 15:27
hi,
you must configure the Text input style in the RC settings.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

satnav
29-11-12, 15:37
Thanks.
i have gone through all settings sorry cant find where is it exactly please?

Rob van der Does
29-11-12, 15:38
R/C settings: Text support Yes/No.

satnav
29-11-12, 15:48
Eureka that was not obvious to me or my M8
Cheers :cool:

andyblac
30-11-12, 01:03
Eureka that was not obvious to me or my M8
Cheers :cool:

another feature, coded be me :D, vu do not seem to want to allow this by default.

Larry-G
30-11-12, 02:46
another feature, coded be me :D, vu do not seem to want to allow this by default.

lol, we really should make more of a song and dance about your included features as they seem to be getting lost in the crowd lately. but then again i know you dont create your features just for praise.

judge
30-11-12, 02:51
as they seem to be getting lost in the crowd lately
if lately means 2 years (and that's all that I know of), i'd agree...
too many features, improvements, rewrites & bug fixes without credit where it's due.