PDA

View Full Version : i cant view channels why????

seanmizen
16-09-10, 19:59
hi everybody im brand new to this satellite thing but ive found the last 5 days interesting. i have set the dish up correctly to my spiderbox 7000, all satellites respond with motor perfectly and i have hundreds of channels the only problem and its a BIG problem all channels listed have a dollar sign nxt to them and dont work. there is a few channels work but the likes of teleshopping channels. if anybody can help i would be very grateful

chris-k
16-09-10, 22:43
have you loaded a patch to box???
have you activated hidden menu by pressing 1111on remote standing on network???
have you tried reboot both box and router???
does nuevoxtreme/service+ says connected???

seanmizen
17-09-10, 07:37
chris-k, ive done everything you said and all is the same. i still needed to do the things you said but ive still got them dollar signs. saying that when i was going thru the connection procedure i was flicking thru and there was boxes were you needed passwords to activate cccams????? is this something i need to look at??

seanmizen
17-09-10, 07:38
also when i first set everything up i factory restored the box would this make a difference?????

Sicilian
17-09-10, 07:51
Read the stickies at the top of the section ;)

chris-k
17-09-10, 08:44
yes heres a very good guide :trustme:
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?964-Another-guide-on-setting-up-the-Spiderbox
big thx to author :attention:

seanmizen
17-09-10, 14:40
ive done everything thats been said and im still with dollar signs and no channels

pooface
17-09-10, 14:59
ive done everything thats been said and im still with dollar signs and no channels

Do all channels such as the shopping channels have the doller sign?!

What are some of the channels you are trying to open that don't work?!

seanmizen
17-09-10, 16:56
the channels without dollar signs are the likes of preaching, teleshopping,foreign stuff. before i bought this package i was told you could view english channels, prem footy, movies in english but all these are scrambled. ive followed what ppl have said and its making no difference

grtmoby
17-09-10, 17:23
the channels without dollar signs are the likes of preaching, teleshopping,foreign stuff. before i bought this package i was told you could view english channels, prem footy, movies in english but all these are scrambled. ive followed what ppl have said and its making no difference

uhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so now the issue is clear ;)

the ones with the dollar sign are scrambled channels which need a subscription and so u'll b able to view. the ones without are the FTA (free to air) channels that can be watched normally without a subscription or any addons.

seanmizen
17-09-10, 19:44
so i need to subscribe? ive paid £300 for a freeview box. sorry ripped off

grtmoby
17-09-10, 20:23
you paid for the quality, features..... and a lot lot more.

is this ur first ever linux box :rolleyes:

seanmizen
17-09-10, 21:05
yes this is my first linux. ive been at it for 8 days now trying to line up a satellite dish then finding out that theres alot more work to be done with the box itself is pretty daunting. if it wasnt for yourself and the rest of the forum i would have plugged the dvd player back in.

grtmoby
17-09-10, 21:08
easy m8
trust me the box is awesome, just read mor and ask (within the rules)

jusaju
17-09-10, 21:37
Hi

First I do not have it.

I am sure you can see also scrambled channels...from many sat. positions..no doubt about it.
This receiver is taking a connection to net.

So maybe You have done something wrong?

And spiderbox is not a linux receiver but using servers "outside" and they are called "gift channels"

So it can also use cccam as a client,not server.

jusaju
17-09-10, 22:24
so i need to subscribe? ive paid £300 for a freeview box. sorry ripped off

Yes You have been ripped off if £300 is about the receiver.

Did You get anything else with it..dish..motor..lnb..etc..

grtmoby
17-09-10, 22:34
Yes You have been ripped off if £300 is about the receiver.

Did You get anything else with it..dish..motor..lnb..etc..

from the very first post i'd say at least a dish and motor

seanmizen
17-09-10, 23:42
yes i got everything with it motor, 1m dish, hd7000, lnb, cable, disk etc

jusaju
18-09-10, 00:59
yes i got everything with it motor, 1m dish, hd7000, lnb, cable, disk etc

OK.
So I think now you have not been ripped off.

I think You to have to go through all posts in this thread:

And try again...can you get connection to net .?

Then maybe somebody else can help you.

grtmoby
18-09-10, 01:14
also u may contact ur seller and ask him about ur gift that is announced to be available and delivered when u buy a new box....

jusaju
18-09-10, 01:30
also u may contact ur seller and ask him about ur gift that is announced to be available and delivered when u buy a new box....

Hi

Well...that can be little bit difficult to seller.

Forum sponsor is not selling easily vu+ with c-lines, I think.

As an example.

grtmoby
18-09-10, 01:33
no, no way this to happen....

what i meant is call him and he guides the guy on how to get the gift

jusaju
18-09-10, 01:34
no, no way this to happen....

what i meant is call him and he guides the guy on how to get the gift

OK,Thanks

Br...

Sicilian
18-09-10, 08:37
To apply the patch / gift look at the sticky's in this section, also remember a gift is what it says, a gift. The gift patch has nothing to do with the retailer where you purchased your Spiderbox.

chris-k
18-09-10, 18:57
as jusaju says this is not a linux box.
to get gift/service+ channels you need to be connected to router with a networkcable.
and then you go to network in menu and press 1111 on your remote to open hidden options.(you know hidden menu is opend when key edit appears over network.
now go in to network and press/left arrow on remote to on.
go down to ip setup and turn that to auto,
now go down to service+/nuevoxtreme and turn them on and register them if you have both that is (newer boxes after aug 2010 only have service+)
now do a reboot and you should get those channels.
if you can try thor 1w try for ex: discovery national geo canal+ swedish package.
if you in future do factory reset dont forget to save your channellist on usb first, to save press green button in usb menu.