PDA

View Full Version : ViX introduced HbbTV for VU+ receivers!

Rob van der Does
29-11-12, 11:30
Since a couple of days HbbTV is available for all VU+ STB's.

Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV or “HbbTV”, is a major new pan-European initiative aimed at harmonising the broadcast and broadband delivery of entertainment to the end consumer through connected TVs and set-top boxes.

For Xtrend receivers this was already available and we're proud to announce it for the VU's as well.

HbbTV for VU+ is available as plugin via the feeds. For the VU+ Solo this plugin is not advised, as it would require to many sources from that little box.
DUO users are advised that (depending on the configuration of the box) the use of a SWAP-file may be needed (this can be activated via the ViX-Menu).

We are very proud that our own genius AndyBlac has been able to get this working, so we all can enjoy!

Alanp
29-11-12, 12:59
Just need to wait for the UK to get involved ?

fintannl
30-11-12, 01:30
have recently upgraded to latest version of vix and see no option via blue button, vix option to activate said option

judge
30-11-12, 01:34
have recently upgraded to latest version of vix and see no option via blue button, vix option to activate said option
As Rob said "HbbTV for VU+ is available as plugin via the feeds"
Have you installed the plugin?

fintannl
30-11-12, 01:43
did upgrade last nite to build 457 from first oe3.0 release. now this was new to me and thank god i checked my router to see something was going on. so i let the system do its thing for 15 minutes and eventually (my download speed ain't the best) the system did restart. i thought the on screen message was really deceiving in that the system would restart within a few minutes. and then once it did the restart it was constant freezing using oscam. so then i figured, feic, damn and damnation i need to fall back to the original vix build. but instead i manually rebooted the system and all was good. likewise when i went into menu, setup, system, epg, crossepg, open tv providers and select download it does not work even though i have all the settings correct. and then when i use blue button, crossepgdownloader it works perfect. all else good

fintannl
30-11-12, 01:47
cannot find the plugin in the feeds, have checked vix and other sections. could someone suggest what the name of the plugin is and in what section it resides

fintannl
30-11-12, 01:54
ack, did find it, does anyone have one channel on astra 28.2 that does support hbbtv services so i could possibly see how funky the service is. thanks

Mr. Mister
30-11-12, 01:59
As far as i am aware.. There are no HbbTV channels on 28.2 east..

Larry-G
30-11-12, 02:29
currently no services exist in the uk for HbbTv, there are a lot of channels on 19.2 east however that support HbbTv so try them.