PDA

View Full Version : People using Sundtek MediaTV PRO C/T USB sticks with OpenViX 3.0 without issues?

rassi
29-11-12, 11:20
Do i find here users with Sundtek C/T sticks on VU+ DUO and who is using 3.0 without an issues?

If you do not have any problems, which VU+ modules you're using?
Have you done any special when installing drivers for Sundtek?
Any special on sundtek.conf or special commands given?

Changed image from BH 1.7.8 to newest build of OpenViX and now I have seen issues with C and T channels.
PAT/PMT what ever issues, stuttering etc etc. Reboot fixes it for a while and then it starts again and again and again.

With BH Sundtek sticks did work like charm.

I do have 2x Sundtek Pro. First one is used for C-channels and second for T-channels, both sticks are connected to active USB hub.

I have used 13.11 drivers with BH and OpenVIX.
root@vuduo:~# /opt/bin/mediaclient --build
Build date: 2012-11-13 17:48:18

I have used this kind of sundtek.conf

root@vuduo:/etc# cat sundtek.conf
[tek00147]
initial_dvb_mode=DVBC
dreambox_support_fe1=on
[tek001477]
initial_dvb_mode=DVBT
dreambox_support_fe1=on

BH 1.7.8 do have VU+ DVB modules from 20120820 and VIX has 20121025. I will try to change drivers back to August version, if that will give help.

dfdream
29-11-12, 14:13
Hi Rassi I have the same tuner card.
I jumped from VIX 3 v205 to 405 recently. (Well worth it for new VIX Features)
At version 205 a daily reboot meant the Sundtek MediaTV PRO worked 98% OK.
Since moving to 405 all the old problems are back again. Freezing,5 sec loop watching DTT channel, recordings from DTT stopping and the box grinding to a halt requiring reboot.
I have moved my DTT recordings to my SOLO so DTT isnt used at all. (Missed too many recordings and made the DUO unstable)
Im waiting to see how the gigablue quad stabilizes and the extra sat cards comes available to see if the builtin tuners are a better option.
My DUO is 3 years old now so its due a change...

rassi
29-11-12, 18:57
Hey and thanks for the info.

I updated latest Sundtek drivers today and so far so good. Havenīt seen any bad behavior yet.
Few days more will tell how it goes. Using OpenVIX build 454.

Below quote from openpli forum, which i will test if 28.11.2012 Sundtek drivers do not work like they should.

<quote>
I am running open pli 3.0 (2012-11-12), sundtek drivers 121027.112338 (I experienced some problems with later drivers, didn't test the newest ones), oscam-experimental. I have two usb dvb-c tuners connected to two rear usb ports without any hub and everything works ok. Finally!!!
</quote>

If that workaround do not work, I have to move back to BH and then just wait Duo2 :)
My Duo is also bought 2010 and Sundtek sticks when they hit the market.

sundtek
29-11-12, 19:11
Do i find here users with Sundtek C/T sticks on VU+ DUO and who is using 3.0 without an issues?

If you do not have any problems, which VU+ modules you're using?
Have you done any special when installing drivers for Sundtek?
Any special on sundtek.conf or special commands given?

Changed image from BH 1.7.8 to newest build of OpenViX and now I have seen issues with C and T channels.
PAT/PMT what ever issues, stuttering etc etc. Reboot fixes it for a while and then it starts again and again and again.

With BH Sundtek sticks did work like charm.

I do have 2x Sundtek Pro. First one is used for C-channels and second for T-channels, both sticks are connected to active USB hub.

I have used 13.11 drivers with BH and OpenVIX.
root@vuduo:~# /opt/bin/mediaclient --build
Build date: 2012-11-13 17:48:18

I have used this kind of sundtek.conf

root@vuduo:/etc# cat sundtek.conf
[tek00147]
initial_dvb_mode=DVBC
dreambox_support_fe1=on
[tek001477]
initial_dvb_mode=DVBT
dreambox_support_fe1=on

BH 1.7.8 do have VU+ DVB modules from 20120820 and VIX has 20121025. I will try to change drivers back to August version, if that will give help.

stuttering is 100% an issue of the VU+ DVB Modules if you have that, trying different versions and reporting them to VU+ will definitely help them.

sundtek
29-11-12, 19:12
Hi Rassi I have the same tuner card.
I jumped from VIX 3 v205 to 405 recently. (Well worth it for new VIX Features)
At version 205 a daily reboot meant the Sundtek MediaTV PRO worked 98% OK.
Since moving to 405 all the old problems are back again. Freezing,5 sec loop watching DTT channel, recordings from DTT stopping and the box grinding to a halt requiring reboot.
I have moved my DTT recordings to my SOLO so DTT isnt used at all. (Missed too many recordings and made the DUO unstable)
Im waiting to see how the gigablue quad stabilizes and the extra sat cards comes available to see if the builtin tuners are a better option.
My DUO is 3 years old now so its due a change...

if you still experience some issues best is to contact us via skype (sundtek) and double check with us where the issues are on your box.
There are many images out there and several VU+ module versions which can be the root cause, mostly starting up enigma2 manually and checking the output sheds some light wherever the issue is.

rassi
07-12-12, 07:30
Hey and thanks for the info.

I updated latest Sundtek drivers today and so far so good. Havenīt seen any bad behavior yet.

Now it is again daily issue. Will test now older VU+ modules and/or older Sundtek drivers.

Rob van der Does
07-12-12, 08:45
Now it is again daily issue. Will test now older VU+ modules and/or older Sundtek drivers.
Or contact Sundtek support?

rassi
07-12-12, 09:58
Sundtek is aware of this. Lotīs of discussion about this on OpenPli forum ([EN] Third-Party Development subforum).
Thereīs three differend side for this case, VU+ Drivers, Image and Sundtek drivers. I have now changed to older Sundtek drivers (121027) as at least one user is happy with those
drivers with OpenPli 3.0 (2012-11-12)

dfdream
14-12-12, 14:59
Rassi where did you get the drivers from ? Im updateing to v514 over the weekend and would look at sorting the DVB-t at the same time.

I have stopped using my sundtek tuner as I missed too many programs with the tuner failing.
I know I can contact Sundtek but if there are better drivers why dont sundtek give them to Andy for the image...

Who ever is at fault its sundtek that are going to loose the sales...

Sundtek is aware of this. Lotīs of discussion about this on OpenPli forum ([EN] Third-Party Development subforum).
Thereīs three differend side for this case, VU+ Drivers, Image and Sundtek drivers. I have now changed to older Sundtek drivers (121027) as at least one user is happy with those
drivers with OpenPli 3.0 (2012-11-12)

Stanman
14-12-12, 15:08
I had isues with my DVB S and got a litany of reasons why it would disappear aftera reboot but one of hem was "it was not to be used with UK sats"

Not impressed with them

rassi
14-12-12, 19:43
Rassi where did you get the drivers from ? Im updateing to v514 over the weekend and would look at sorting the DVB-t at the same time.

Here is direct link and link for all versions.

http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_installer_121027.112338.sh
http://www.sundtek.de/media/

OldSkulRide
14-12-12, 20:12
Well i am with you guys. I have sundtek dvbc/t stick and i think its awful, especially when i think about the money that i paid for this very cheap looking chinese stick. I also have Nova-T stick, that i bought for bargain price - 14.5Eur over the ebay. It works flawlessly, fast zapping, all channels are found, no picture problem, nothing. Well, with sundtek stick i have all problems you can think of. Lack of signal on some frequencies but i know signal is 100% (i know, strange), picture freezing and restart needed, slow zapping on some channels/frequencies or slow lock. Maybe its because of QAM 256 but who knows. For this kind of money i am expecting flawless behaviour but now i am very dissapointed. In the future i will probably just buy QUAD with proper DVB-C tuner.

Trial
14-12-12, 20:29
Hi,
I have the sundtek since today and at the moment I have no reason to complain. For DVB-T there are good and cheaper sticks but for DVB-C you have no choice because no other company bothers to do something for Linux and MIPS.

ciao

sundtek
15-12-12, 16:49
I had isues with my DVB S and got a litany of reasons why it would disappear aftera reboot but one of hem was "it was not to be used with UK sats"

Not impressed with them

That's true for SkyTV Version II, since March 2012 SkyTV Version III is available which supports a higher bandwidth.
Some northern European Transponders exceed ~60 mbit, Version III can handle them. Version II is okay for Astra 19.2 (mainly used in the German speaking area).

sundtek
15-12-12, 16:55
Here is direct link and link for all versions.

http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_installer_121027.112338.sh
http://www.sundtek.de/media/

We do not recommend to use any older version, newer versions are all tested with our settopboxes (vu+ solo, vu+ duo, DM500HD, DM800SE). For issues with the latest drivers we should be notified.

Currently there are no known bugs left in the drivers, all issues are supposed to have some reason and logfiles on the system should show them up.
The software package comes with some good tools for checking why certain frequencies cannot be found (usually some wrong parameters).