PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Latest stable version?

Rahat786786
28-11-12, 21:33
What is the latest stable version? I am currently on 433 and see numerous new updates out including one with hbbtv but my box does not have a flashing green icon and when I update it says no new updates.

Also, IMDB is not working in build 433, says query failed each time.

Mr. Mister
28-11-12, 21:42
Menu > Set Up > System > Software Update ?

Mine reads :

Yes
Yes
(Optional)
(Optional)

Then go and do the updates..

Rahat786786
28-11-12, 21:51
But wouldn't that also allow unstable updates?

I just want to update to latest stable release.

Larry-G
28-11-12, 21:56
But wouldn't that also allow unstable updates?

I just want to update to latest stable release.

yes that would indeed allow unstable updates, but as we have said numerous times, just because a image is shown as unstable does not necessarily mean that it is. Every single image released is classed as unstable until such a time as we decide otherwise, there is no magic formula to this. if you want to use HbbTv on ViX you have to use the 454 image or higher.

Wizard55
28-11-12, 22:09
Hi,

I have et 9000 and turned on unstable updates in error and now have build 454. I most say this is the best picture I have gotten out of this box. It's much brighter etc. not sure if changed anything but thanks. Even wife commented on how good it was, and vix..

Larry-G
28-11-12, 22:19
If you want to take advantage of the bug fixes and new features that certain updates bring you must at some point update the image, and just because a image is classed as unstable does not always mean there is a problem, it just means that we have not fully tested the image as much as we would have liked.

For those who are dubious about using so called unstable updates, we integrated several features into the image to help alleviate these fears, such as the ability to automatically create a full image and settings backup of the existing image / settings before the update goes ahead. This way if something does go wrong you can always just retrieve those backups and flash back to your known working setup.

We have put a lot of thought and effort into the current system as we were getting a lot of flack from our users about how we previously would take sometimes months to release updates for a specific update image, so this is what we have now. personally i update all of my boxes as soon as a update is available if i find a issue serious enough to warrant it i restore a backup, which does not happen that often at all.

fintannl
28-11-12, 22:22
do i need to backup settings and restore them after update?

Larry-G
28-11-12, 22:24
do i need to backup settings and restore them after update?

yes if your doing a full fresh flash from a USB stick but not if your using the online update feature. just be sure that you have the options to automatically create a image and settings backup ticked and it will make those as part of the update. if something then does go wrong you can use those backups to restore your current image.

Rahat786786
29-11-12, 02:10
I just thought the old issue of being stuck on a version was back but I guess 433 is the latest stable release on the server.