PDA

View Full Version : Quad and Raspberry Pi

spv4u
27-11-12, 23:15
For information to anyone that is interested.

I am running the version 2 Pi (512mb Ram) with raspbmc XBMC.

I can confirm that when you enable the VU+ PVR plugin and set up the IP it works with the Vix image on the quad (I only have twin DVB-S2 waiting on those extra DVB-S2 tuners :)).

All my bouquets came over and I also got the picons loading from the quad as well.

here it comes BUT........

HD channels are very unstable and being worked on as they believe it is a codec issue, fingers crossed.

I did purchase the MPEG2 and VC1 codecs and can confirm that SD channels work a treat.

So at this early stage you can watch SD channels and recordings, set timers, view EPG so this could be a good extender going forward!

For me if I can get 2 extra DVB-S2 tuners then my quab could become a TV feed server and I could scatter Pi's in the rooms for viewing. :p

marty
28-11-12, 04:11
I did purchase the MPEG2 and VC1 codecs and can confirm that SD channels work a treat.

Purchase?

You have to buy codecs for the Pi? (I havn't got one yet)

bobby1
28-11-12, 15:30
MPEG-4 runs without codec purchase but MPEG-2 and VC-1 needs to be purchased.

Which XBMC version are you running?

spv4u
28-11-12, 16:37
Correct MPEG-2 and VC-1 codec are purchases through the Pi website about £3.50 for both so very reasonable.

I have tried OpenELEC and RaspBMC both work well but currently running and keeping the RASPBMC version only because it was the last one I used.

In the config.txt for OpenELEC there were hashed records for 2 more codecs one looked like it was for Dolby Digital so more codec purchases could be on the way.

marty
28-11-12, 16:51
While 3 odd quid won't break the bank I thought the whole idea behind the Pi was for it to be open source (freewere or whatever you want to call it)?

I'll be getting one for xmas :D Looking forward to it :p

OFF TOPIC ;) Does it do 5.1 pass though for DD and DTS?

75mak
28-11-12, 17:03
why no HD channels?

rossi2000
28-11-12, 17:37
i got my pi when it first came out and xbmc was laggy as hell, didnt play much stuff and when it did it was jerky etc..
its been back in the box ever since.
if things have progressed alot since release i might dust it off and give it another whirl.

Donnie
28-11-12, 17:47
The new 512mb is much better rossi

TK4|2|1
28-11-12, 18:08
I have just got a 512mb version running Raspbmc and must say I'm very impressed. Most of the issues people have is with the power supply not being able to compete with the demands placed upon them. I tried to get TvHeadend running with a Sundtek DVB-S2, and although it worked I had to use a powered USB hub, as my 2A ipad2 charger couldn't cope.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

spv4u
29-11-12, 11:24
OFF TOPIC ;) Does it do 5.1 pass though for DD and DTS?

Just loaded a movie channel on it and it shows the DD logo and 5.1 on the screen so yes I would say it does.

rossi2000
29-11-12, 13:05
will it passthrough any hd audio?

tickett
15-12-12, 10:36
Just got this setup, and too can confirm SD channels working seamlessly but HD channels still buggy.

It also seems to take quite a while to retrieve the channel list and EPG data from the box (i'm not sure if this data only updates when you restart the Pi or at intervals etc)

marty
15-12-12, 10:46
HD buggy? using wifi or LAN cable?

tickett
15-12-12, 14:39
LAN cable.

spv4u
15-12-12, 21:09
I set a single bouquet called pi with SD channels, then in the VU+ PVR settings made it save the epg to the SD card and also set it to only sync one bouquet and selected the pi one.

I find it syncs much faster and stops the processing of unwanted channels etc.