PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Recording type: descramble and record ecm

hollinshead
27-11-12, 21:30
Is there anyway to change the default setting for all recordings?

On the default setting it sends requests to the viewing card when playing back a recorded file, if you remove the card it still plays back fine so it doesn't seem to need to be doing this.

If you change the recording type to "normal" it stops this from happening, but there is not an option I can see to change it in Record settings in the menu?

hollinshead
27-11-12, 23:05

I've attached a screenshot of the setting

Stanman
28-11-12, 10:25
Confused by hat your asking but have you looked in the min recording menu?

marty
28-11-12, 13:35
Confused by hat

:confused::p

marty
28-11-12, 13:43
I had a good poke and couldn't find any setting to make it 'NORMAL' by default.

hollinshead
28-11-12, 20:25
I had a good poke and couldn't find any setting to make it 'NORMAL' by default.

Yes, that is what I am trying to achieve.

You can do it per recording but recordings created via epg or auto timer default to "descrable and record ecm"

hollinshead
01-12-12, 23:03
It would seem there is not a menu option to change the default recording setting to "normal"

I have however managed to edit the file so that timers default to "normal". I have attached it incase anyone else doesn't want it sending ECM requests when playing back recorded files.

Simply overwrite the file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/

andyblac
02-12-12, 03:12
It would seem there is not a menu option to change the default recording setting to "normal"

I have however managed to edit the file so that timers default to "normal". I have attached it incase anyone else doesn't want it sending ECM requests when playing back recorded files.

that will deleted on updates ;)

Rob van der Does
02-12-12, 07:59

Why is it you would like to change the default setting? IMHO there's nothing wrong with it.

hollinshead
02-12-12, 09:02
that will deleted on updates ;)

True, the file would need overwriting again after an update, hopefully they will add it as a setting in the recording settings menu but unless they do there isn't much more you can do.

hollinshead
05-12-12, 20:43
I have created a script to allow for the default to be changed to "Normal" after a software update.

Simply copy the files to "/usr/scripts" and then run the script by accessing Script Runner from the VIX menu.

andyblac
06-12-12, 19:51
that will stop you getting updates for the file, not recommended. but up to you.

hollinshead
08-12-12, 12:38
I have found a better way of changing the file, since it appears to have been changed in recent updates.

If you install the following packages via telnet /ssh:

opkg install enigma2-src
opkg install enigma2-plugin-vix-core-src

Then if you run the following command it will make the changes to the recording type:

sed -i 's/descramble = True, record_ecm = True/descramble = True, record_ecm = False/g' /usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py

Then simply reboot the box by typing the following command:

reboot

I have tried making a script to do this but it gives an error about not being able to find the file RecordTimer.py

Rob van der Does
08-12-12, 13:15
I don't get it: all this file-hacking to achieve...... euuhhh...... what exactly?
The present default should be fine and never give any problems.

andyblac
08-12-12, 13:19
I have found a better way of changing the file, since it appears to have been changed in recent updates.

If you install the following packages via telnet /ssh:

Then if you run the following command it will make the changes to the recording type:

Then simply reboot the box by typing the following command:

I have tried making a script to do this but it gives an error about not being able to find the file RecordTimer.py

thats will still deleted during update.

Rob van der Does
08-12-12, 13:28
thats will still deleted during update.
plus that after changes have been committed the command may not be valid anymore.

nasssat
08-12-12, 13:38
202e ferguson did blind scan can not get sky sports 2 HD can you help

purenirvana
16-02-13, 02:31
I just wanted to post to link this thread in with mine here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26386-Problem-with-playback-when-still-recording-same-channel-using-OSCam

I thought it would be good practice to join these threads via a link.

There are issues here, as I have discovered, a record button, timer and autotimer 'record type' default would be incredibly useful at present as a conflict with OSCam is evident.

sebhki
18-02-13, 16:49
Hi. I manage to solve this problem with this ... http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25930-Empty-recordings