PDA

View Full Version : Strange behaviour of Duo after putting EPG and picons onto USB

pdlee
27-11-12, 19:00
Hi, I've recently started using a USB stick in my Duo and have moved the Picons and EPG from the hard drive to the USB.

Ever since I find that one of two menus appear randomly, as though a button on the remote has been pressed even when nobody has touched either the remote or the front of the box.

I either get the channel list which normally appears when the down button (below the OK button) is pressed or the main menu which normally appears when the menu button is pressed.

Has anyone had a similar problem or have any suggestions as to what the cause and solution might be?

Also is even worth moving the picons and EPG to a USB as I've read conflicting opinions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Larry-G
27-11-12, 19:05
Having picons and EPG housed on a USB would not cause the problems you seem to be having, i would check the remote to see that no buttons are stuck.

as for where to place picons and EPG. I personally also use a USB stick for these but there is no harm in using the internal flash memory for picons and the HDD for EPG, although i would not recommend using the HDD for picons as it will cause the HDD to spin up on every channel change as it seeks the picon, the same goes for the EPG i would not recommend using the internal flash for that as it can easily corrupt and in a very short time completely fill the flash which would result in you having to reflash the receiver.

pdlee
27-11-12, 21:57
Hi Phoenix, I just assumed it was related to the USB in some way but maybe the timing was just a coincidence.

I'm wondering if the remote is faulty now as there are at least 2, possibly 3 different buttons that would need to be sticking to bring up the different menus that are appearing.

I'll see if leaving the remote in another room stops the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Rob van der Does
29-11-12, 06:13
On asking help the very first thing you should do is to provide information.
Which image are you on?