PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] HbbTV and Vu+

andyblac
27-11-12, 14:18
got some good news guy's, i have finally got it working, building updates now will be online in a couple of hours, just goto plugin Browser and install HbbTV from extensions.

once installed goto a channel that has HbbTV support, (the hbbtv icon in infobar turn green is it has), then just press LONG RED

Andy.

Sicilian
27-11-12, 14:28
Genious Andy, well done :)

Rob van der Does
27-11-12, 14:39
Thanks!
Good to see you're using Dutch channels for this :p

Please be aware that the Solo will not be able to run HbbTV due to the amount of RAM.

khan888
27-11-12, 14:45
Excellent stuff, thanks Andy and the vix team

Delagroov
27-11-12, 15:00
Nice one..

One note: when using MQB one has to set the red button for hbbtv in MQB buttonsetup:D

cbr900
27-11-12, 17:29
Nice one..

One note: when using MQB one has to set the red button for hbbtv in MQB buttonsetup:D

What is "MQB"?

How to set the red button?

Delagroov
27-11-12, 17:46
MQB=MultiQuickButton plugin

Just in case one uses it, you have to setup red button for hbbTv

josh_g
27-11-12, 17:49
are there any hbbtv providers in the uk that this will work with??

andyblac
27-11-12, 17:56
are there any hbbtv providers in the uk that this will work with??

nope, not that i know of.

josh_g
27-11-12, 18:01
cheers Andy.. i didnt think so :(

Rob van der Does
27-11-12, 18:13
MQB=MultiQuickButton plugin
Just in case one uses it, you have to setup red button for hbbTv
Is that an easy setup (i.e. is the function available)?

cbr900
27-11-12, 18:29
Iam getting crashes and logo spins every time on astra channels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rob van der Does
27-11-12, 18:32
And you think we can help you even though you provide no info at all? Or do you require a house visit by our local inspection team?

Larry-G
27-11-12, 18:32

we would need a lot more details than you have currently supplied including but not limited to crash logs corresponding with these events.

cbr900
27-11-12, 18:45
we would need a lot more details than you have currently supplied including but not limited to crash logs corresponding with these events.

Here is the log file and this happens in channel " Lokal TV Portal" and other channels too

After, just tuning to the channel the crash follows in approximately 3 sec

Rob van der Does
27-11-12, 18:56
Here is the log file and this happens in channel " Lokal TV Portal" and other channels too

The crashreport shows that you're on build 449. I have no idea where you got that from, but we had build 448 as the latest.
And apart from that: HbbTV is only available in build 453 so whatever your box's problem is, it has nothing to do with this thread.

andyblac
27-11-12, 19:04

try update again, now

cbr900
27-11-12, 19:11
I just reflashed with build 445 and updating now

cbr900
27-11-12, 19:29
Now, after updating

Crashes when trying to run the application from the blue button

Delagroov
27-11-12, 19:34
Now, after updating

Crashes when trying to run the application from the blue button

After install of HbbTv plugin I did a full restart, so try that before using the plugin and see if it still crashes.

I had the same and reboot solve dit..

Trial
27-11-12, 20:22
Hi Andy,
well done. It was the last step for a perfect image:-)

We, in Germany, have a lot of HBBTV stations.

ciao
p.s. also Thanks to VU+ because they finally did something to improve the situation.

cbr900
27-11-12, 20:46
Updated again to 453 and installed the plugin and rebooted and there is some errors just after I select the full restart

here is the log:

note: still crashes when tuning to channel with hbbtv

Also, audio is not working with mkv files shared from my pc...build 453

andyblac
27-11-12, 23:11
Updated again to 453 and installed the plugin and rebooted and there is some errors just after I select the full restart

here is the log:

note: still crashes when tuning to channel with hbbtv

Also, audio is not working with mkv files shared from my pc...build 453

for that log, do another reboot, it should sort it

SalteeDog
28-11-12, 11:42
It works! Just tried it here on French channels on 5W where they are running HbbTV betas. Slow (due to my slow internet connection) but looks good.

givecredit
28-11-12, 19:54
System crashes when i install and tune to hbbtv channel. I have rebooted many times, but no success

Rob van der Does
28-11-12, 19:58
Build 455 will be online somewhere during the evening or night. Please update and see if that solves your issues. If not, please de-install HbbTV, reboot, re-install, reboot and try again please.

andyblac
28-11-12, 20:05
System crashes when i install and tune to hbbtv channel. I have rebooted many times, but no success

that crash is due to lack of memory

OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

try creating a swap file.

Ev0
28-11-12, 21:30
And you think we can help you even though you provide no info at all? Or do you require a house visit by our local inspection team?

You owe me a new keyboard and monitor, as I just spat my coffee all over them lol.

givecredit
28-11-12, 23:28
that crash is due to lack of memory

OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

try creating a swap file.

Thanks Andy. Created a 96mb swap file on my 8gb usb stick and now HbbTV working great on my european channels.

Larry-G
28-11-12, 23:38
Thanks Andy. Created a 96mb swap file on my 8gb usb stick and now HbbTV working great on my european channels.

Be aware that the Duo even with a swapfile may struggle with HbbTv due to it's low amount of memory, this is the primary reason BH release two versions of their images for this box, one HbbTv one a so called light version without HbbTv integration.

andyblac
29-11-12, 02:15
Be aware that the Duo even with a swapfile may struggle with HbbTv due to it's low amount of memory, this is the primary reason BH release two versions of their images for this box, one HbbTv one a so called light version without HbbTv integration.

pmsl, why not just do what we do, install it from feed if wanted :D

Larry-G
29-11-12, 02:25
pmsl, why not just do what we do, install it from feed if wanted :D

beats me mate.

Rob van der Does
29-11-12, 05:21
And that's (one of) the reason(s) we provide HbbTV as a plugin.

satmanbasil
22-03-13, 16:36
Hi

Is there a problem with hbbtv on the solo twice today i have installed the plug in and twice it crashed the receiver cannot get log report but had some reference to CCcam for some reason.
Maybe one of your beta testers can look into it and check if there is a problem with the plugin if so might be a good idea to remove it from the solo plugin upgrade list.

Trial
22-03-13, 17:23
Hi,
Solo or Solo2? If there was a crash please attach the crash.log which should be on your hdd.

ciao

satmanbasil
22-03-13, 21:34
Hi mate

It was on the solo checked crash log nothing there due to having reinstalled the image as the crash just made the stb crash and boot all the time sorry

judge
22-03-13, 22:36
I doubt the Solo has enough memory for this but could be wrong?

Larry-G
23-03-13, 06:41
as judge says HbbTV is generally not recommended for use with the solo due to the relatively low amount memory the solo has.

satmanbasil
23-03-13, 13:48
Hi mate

I had a funny feeling in the back of my head that was the case then would it be possible to make sure its deleted from the solo pluging data base so others dont get caught out.

regards

Larry-G
23-03-13, 13:52
yeah thats a good suggestion and one i'm sure has been made before, i'll make a note of it and see if we can get it removed from the solo feeds to prevent future issues.

Thanks.