PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] EPG Bouquet intergration concept

josweet
25-11-12, 19:38
Tbh i didnt know where to put this or if i would upset anyone by posting it.. hopefully not.
For a while i have thought it would be useful to be able to access the bouquets easily whilst in the EPG menu but not being a programmer i have no idea on how to even begin to tackle it.
I have knocked up a possible concept of what i mean below to give a better understanding of what im talking about. Basically, using the arrow buttons on your remote you can scroll up to the bouquet lists and move left or right selecting which bouquet you would like to view the EPG listing for.
I maybe alone in thinking this is a good idea, and this thread will surly give me my answer.

dermy
25-11-12, 19:48
id say thats possible i couldnt do it lo!! but i think adding "service numbers" is also a good idea

Larry-G
25-11-12, 19:59
it has been looked into but after a few weeks given up on as way too labor intensive.

would be a great thing though it it were to be done.

andyblac
25-11-12, 20:21
it is possible, but sorry atm moment i have other things things i need to do first. but if anyone want to try please have ago.

mickyblueys
25-11-12, 20:23
In you're epg settings set show bouquet first to yes....that is the best alternative up to now for showing different categories for quickness.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

andyblac
25-11-12, 20:25
In you're epg settings set show bouquet first to yes....that is the best alternative up to now for showing different categories for quickness.

you can also press Chl +/- to change bouquets ;)

mickyblueys
25-11-12, 20:30
you can also press Chl +/- to change bouquets ;)

Won't tell the wife that one she's confused enough...;)

mcquaim
25-11-12, 21:20
Oh man, this old request of mine again... I kinda knew somebody else would think I was a good idea though!

I might take a look at it again soon if I get time with poxy work, something I think would really enhance the EPG screen. I remember the code was melting my brain a bit though so not sure how far I'll get!!

judge
25-11-12, 21:21
Oh man, this old request of mine again... I kinda knew somebody else would think I was a good idea though!

I might take a look at it again soon if I get time with poxy work, something I think would really enhance the EPG screen. I remember the code was melting my brain a bit though so not sure how far I'll get!!

yeah, it's been brought up a few times since, pity you never got it finished...

mcquaim
25-11-12, 21:43
Work work... I'm hoping to make changes that'll give me more time so hopefully get back to all this sat stuff in a bigger way soon!

josh_g
26-11-12, 14:58
i was talking about this a few weeks ago! it would be so nice.... but for now i'm using the Chl +/- trick that i didnt know about till i started the thread!

josweet
27-11-12, 05:35
Its good to know i dont stand alone in hoping this could be added at some point & im sure that mcquaim would get all the help he needed if necessary, but as im not a programmer... its easy for me to say.

josh_g
27-11-12, 16:33
Agreed i would love it but havnt got any programing skill what so ever :( we should start a fund and reward who ever does it first!!

Larry-G
27-11-12, 17:13
we should start a fund and reward who ever does it first!!

While the thought is appreciated it's not necessary, if we do get around to adding such a feature it won't be for monetary gain that's not how we work here.

At present we have a lot of new innovative features in the pipeline and while I can't promise any thing we will always look to see where we can improve, and welcome all new ideas for features.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

dymebox
27-11-12, 17:21
Fantastic idea. +1 for the genius who can implement it!

josh_g
27-11-12, 17:26
While the thought is appreciated it's not necessary, if we do get around to adding such a feature it won't be for monetary gain that's not how we work here.

At present we have a lot of new innovative features in the pipeline and while I can't promise any thing we will always look to see where we can improve, and welcome all new ideas for features.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Pheonix.. being relativly new to the open source saterlite scene, i must say that the VIX image is amazing and cant wait to see all these features that will be coming in the future.

a bit off topic but is it posible to mount my pc as a network device as it has a large seprate HD that has loads of movies on it?

rossi2000
27-11-12, 17:30
Thanks Pheonix.. being relativly new to the open source saterlite scene, i must say that the VIX image is amazing and cant wait to see all these features that will be coming in the future.

a bit off topic but is it posible to mount my pc as a network device as it has a large seprate HD that has loads of movies on it?

yes .

josh_g
27-11-12, 17:32
what formats does the VIX media player use or is there a pluging that does all formats?

rossi2000
27-11-12, 17:54
on my quad:-

mp3s ok
flac not ok
wav not ok
1080p mkv ok
divx/xvid is iffy dependant on the file.

josh_g
27-11-12, 17:55
cheers rossi!!

Rob van der Does
27-11-12, 18:21
on my quad:-
mp3s ok
flac not ok
wav not ok
1080p mkv ok
divx/xvid is iffy dependant on the file.
MKV is not a format but a container, so playability depends on the codecs used.

josh_g
27-11-12, 19:49
is there a guide on how to set this up as i am really struggling.. and once set up how do view whats on the HD?

Larry-G
27-11-12, 20:07
is there a guide on how to set this up as i am really struggling.. and once set up how do view whats on the HD?

set what up ?, there is a inbuilt media player accessible via the file list button on the remote, it requires no setup. you can also use the yellow button while in the file list mode to access any mounted network storage such as a NAS or other mounted STB.

josh_g
27-11-12, 20:12
how to mount a computer using network mount. it says its working but when i click the media button it doesn't display as a location