PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Build 447 problem?

marty
25-11-12, 15:57
Is there a problem with build 447?
I just did an update and it won't work :( just stick on starting GUI

Rob van der Does
25-11-12, 15:59
Yes there is indeed a problem with build 447. For now you'll have to revert to a previous build.

Mr. Mister
Yep.. Same here on quad..

Reported..

Larry-G
yes we have another bootloop with this build, rob has started a urgent bug report in the dev section for it, for now go back to a earlier build and once this is sorted we'll post up letting you know.

marty
25-11-12, 16:00
Yes there is indeed a problem with build 447. For now you'll have to revert to a previous build.

It's always good to hear there is a problem :) (rather than I've done summut stupid or my box is dodgy :p )

Larry-G
25-11-12, 16:00
yes we have another bootloop with this build, rob has started a urgent bug report in the dev section for it, for now go back to a earlier build and once this is sorted we'll post up letting you know.

BULLOCKS seems i was beaten to a reply this time LOL.

marty
25-11-12, 16:03

Already back on 446 :thumbsup: I always have automatic backup image enabled in software update that way its fast and easy to go back to how it was just before any update.

Larry-G
25-11-12, 16:05
Already back on 446 :thumbsup: I always have automatic backup image enabled in software update that way its fast and easy to go back to how it was just before any update.

nice to see we have at least one user who uses the features we create for their intended purpose LMAO.

andyblac
25-11-12, 20:27
building fix now [448]

josh_g
25-11-12, 20:58
my tm-twin is stuck in the boot loop..how do i go back to build 446

Larry-G
25-11-12, 21:01
you can use the fix in this thread to patch 447 until 448 is built.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23475-Do-not-update-to-build-447-causes-bootloop&p=175014#post175014

judge
25-11-12, 21:01
Builds can be downloaded here if you hadn't made a back-up.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

josh_g
25-11-12, 21:09
i did make a back up but i dont now how to use it!! but the temp fix worked perfectly

satnav
25-11-12, 22:06
448 is stuck in same loop as 447 was! As stuck no logs that I can get at.

judge
25-11-12, 22:08
You should still be able to ftp in & get the logs.

nammen
25-11-12, 22:09
i did make a back up but i dont now how to use it!! but the temp fix worked perfectly

same situation

satnav
25-11-12, 22:13
Sorry guys already re-flased have recordings running now too

judge
25-11-12, 22:17
Image back-up, made using Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Image Manager, creates an image back-up of your current set-up & can be flashed back on the unit the same way as you flash a released image.

Settings back-up, made using Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Backup Manager, creates a settings back up, used for restoring settings & plugins, when you have an image up & running.

satnav
25-11-12, 22:29
Image back-up, made using Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Image Manager, creates an image back-up of your current set-up & can be flashed back on the unit the same way as you flash a released image.

Settings back-up, made using Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Backup Manager, creates a settings back up, used for restoring settings & plugins, when you have an image up & running.

Its great for creating but for re-flashing it is still far from obvious how one uses the backups!

1-There is no install or re-flash buttons etc
2-If the box is locked up due to 478 download say, how are you supposed to get at the backups please?

Larry-G
25-11-12, 22:33
i was previously running build 447 with robs patch, updated to 448 via a telnet session without any problems and no bootloop etc.

as for loading backups, you copy the image to a USB stick and flash in the exact same way as any other image.

if your box is in a bootloop you can still FTP in to retrieve the backup, or set backups to save to a USB stick like i do. that way you dont loose them.

satnav
25-11-12, 22:38
OK so no magic buttons its the same as downloading on PC to flash. Thanks. :cool:

judge
25-11-12, 22:42
yeah, no magic button, but an easy way to restore previous image with any edits/additions you made...

Alec
25-11-12, 23:56
Its great for creating but for re-flashing it is still far from obvious how one uses the backups!

1-There is no install or re-flash buttons etc
2-If the box is locked up due to 478 download say, how are you supposed to get at the backups please?

I make a VIX backup on to hard drive that was working , and when you reflash a VIX again. After loading the Image it will take you, after setting things like HMDI etc.
To a question if your want to restore a image you have made on your HD. You just answer yes.

Larry-G
26-11-12, 00:00
I make a VIX backup on to hard drive that was working , and when you reflash a VIX again. After loading the Image it will take you, after setting things like HMDI etc.
To a question if your want to restore a image you have made on your HD. You just answer yes.

yes thats just for settings, channel lists and that kind of thing. if you make a full image backup with the image manager you can only restore that by flashing in with a USB stick.

Alec
26-11-12, 12:22
I tried an image backup on a USB stick, but it did not work for me like it does on the VU. It could be the USB. However using the same flash VIX image and backup manager it does the same thing, including plugins.