PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] EGP data keeps disappearing.

shanethegooner
25-11-12, 15:48
Every so often I'll put TV on and notice the EPG data is gone. Only have now and next available. I have to force reload EPG data in crossEPG settings or download it again for it to show.

Any ideas why it keeps removing itself?

EPG data is kept on HDD and I have permanent timeshift if that makes any difference.

cactikid
25-11-12, 17:38
epg should last a week normally,has the box been powered off as i think that removed it from mine and had to reload it

shanethegooner
25-11-12, 18:19
Nah, box doesn't get powered off. I have the data download each night at about 4am so the EPG is constantly updated.

Could updating it so often cause issues?

khan888
25-11-12, 19:15
Try updating rytec/xepgbd providers

Menu> Setup> System> EPG> CrossEPG and update them here see how you get on

Rob van der Does
29-11-12, 06:23
First of all: tell us which image you're using. We really can't see that from here :confused:

discuit
03-12-12, 17:12
Same thing happens to me about once a week it blanks all epg data on the latest Vix image on VU Duo

khan888
03-12-12, 18:38
What's the location of your epg data? Do you have epg scheduled to download once a day?

discuit
04-12-12, 14:26
yep, 4am, USB

vijjll
06-12-12, 22:28
I am having similar issues with EPG at present after updating my Duo to Build 473 a few days ago. Epg file is held on USB - I have tried saving it on the HDD with same results. Basically, EPG is not updating. If I start CrossEPG Downloader from plugins it comes up with "starting download" at the bottom of the screen but it no longer shows any files downloading or saving or parsing as it did before. It exits out to the menu after about 45 sec.
I have tried updating rytec and xepgdb providers but rytec was failing to do so until a few minutes ago. It has now updated and I have re-tried to use CrossEPG Download but there is no change and I am still not getting EPG downloaded. Setting "update on Tune" gives now and next info on some channels only. Almost All settings are as defaults.
I have also tried a manual download of XMLTV (yellow button in EPG Import Config Menu) but this only brings a few bits of info up after downloading about 70,730 events.
Much of my viewing is using recorded programmes and without epg it is a nightmare !! HELP. Thanks in anticipation.

TomD
06-12-12, 23:24
I am having similar issues with EPG at present after updating my Duo to Build 473 a few days ago. Epg file is held on USB - I have tried saving it on the HDD with same results. Basically, EPG is not updating. If I start CrossEPG Downloader from plugins it comes up with "starting download" at the bottom of the screen but it no longer shows any files downloading or saving or parsing as it did before. It exits out to the menu after about 45 sec.
I have tried updating rytec and xepgdb providers but rytec was failing to do so until a few minutes ago. It has now updated and I have re-tried to use CrossEPG Download but there is no change and I am still not getting EPG downloaded. Setting "update on Tune" gives now and next info on some channels only. Almost All settings are as defaults.
I have also tried a manual download of XMLTV (yellow button in EPG Import Config Menu) but this only brings a few bits of info up after downloading about 70,730 events.
Much of my viewing is using recorded programmes and without epg it is a nightmare !! HELP. Thanks in anticipation.

Perhaps your. Dat file is corrupted. Try to delete the file by FTP (check your hdd too in case a copy is stored there), then reboot and then download again.

Rob van der Does
07-12-12, 06:03
Perhaps your. Dat file is corrupted. Try to delete the file by FTP (check your hdd too in case a copy is stored there), then reboot and then download again.
Stop enigma2 before deleting the file, otherwise it will be rebuild.

vijjll
09-12-12, 20:46
Thank you for your suggestions. I have now tried them and deleted .dat files from the HDD and USB. epg is on USB. unfortunately the result is still the same. Funny enough, the EPG info came back by itself for most channels sometime over the past 2 days. Many of the asian channel info is missing. The CrossEPG download still fails as described before. FTA Channels have a full 7 days epg info while others have 4 or 5 days info only. Can't see anything obvious why this should happen. I will try updating the software in about 5 days due to other pressures (!!). I will try out any other ideas you may have at that time as well. Thanks for your input. :)

Larry-G
09-12-12, 20:48
Thank you for your suggestions. I have now tried them and deleted .dat files from the HDD and USB. epg is on USB. unfortunately the result is still the same. Funny enough, the EPG info came back by itself for most channels sometime over the past 2 days. Many of the asian channel info is missing. The CrossEPG download still fails as described before. FTA Channels have a full 7 days epg info while others have 4 or 5 days info only. Can't see anything obvious why this should happen. I will try updating the software in about 5 days due to other pressures (!!). I will try out any other ideas you may have at that time as well. Thanks for your input. :)

as rob said you first have to stop enigma before deleting the EPG.dat file or it will be rebuilt as it's held in live memory.

To stop enigma you need to start a Telnet session then issue the following command init 4 once you have deleted the EPG.dat file you can restart enigma with the init 3 command.

vijjll
09-12-12, 22:35
Sorry, Pheonix. I should have said that I did stop Enigma before deleting .dat file and then restarted Enigma and then run CrossEPG plugin. I have just done it again now just to make sure that I had done it initially. Result is the same. A new .dat file is created once I have run the plugin. Also powered off the box and on again.
Question: what would happen if I delete CrossEPG Plugin, all epg files and folder and then download CrossEPG plugin and run it? Would it appear in the plugins list if it has been deleted from the box? And I do not understand the difference between plugins with -po or -src or one without any end type - which one should be downloaded and installed? There is lot to learn here !!

Larry-G
09-12-12, 22:45
once you have deleted the existing EPG.dat file ( with enigma put to sleep, then reawaken after the file has been deleted ) Running the plugin again will re-generate the EPG.dat file but this one will be a clean version

plugins in the feeds with -po are for users to update the translation files if they can.
files with -src contain the source code for that particular plugin so users can update and or modify them to their liking.

CrossEPG is a integral part of the image and has been highly customized for the image, uninstalling it will likely cause problems.

Rob van der Does
10-12-12, 07:08
It turns out to be about the ViX-image, so I moved this thread to the correct section. Next time please start by supplying info, such as the image used.

vijjll
13-12-12, 17:05
Thanks for all the replies above. Rob, newbie question is suppose - how do I find out if and when this problem is fixed. I am holding off updating from VIX 473 to 511 at present.

Tkr001
13-12-12, 23:05
Why don't you just update and see?

vijjll
27-12-12, 20:25
Hi, again. Hope you all a great Christmas. I have now updated my Vu+Duo box to Vix Version 514. I have done this by downloading the image from this site and the setting up the box from scratch and not used previous settings at all. Unfortunately the problem remains. I also have noticed that I don't have the Autobuoquet plugin. I tried downloading cutlist editor which was successful, it says but it is not visible in plugings (or other menus elsewhere). Any suggestions?
Question: If I do a factory reset and then flash again with the downloaded 514 image will it work OK or do I have to load any drivers which I remember having to do when going from VIX Image 2.4 to Vix 3? I can't remember how to do this either and I have been trying to find this info in the forum but have failed !! My duo box is at least 2.5 years Old.

vijjll
12-01-13, 16:35
Fixed ! problem was caused by my putting a tick for the download of epg from Astra2 28.4 on UK OpenTV along with 28.2. It did take a couple of downloads of the epg before it started working without locking up. It has been working for about 5 days now and no problems.