PDA

View Full Version : how to install skins?

river-rat
25-11-12, 13:14
my mate has just sent me a skin, i see is not a ipk, where do i upload the folder?

Larry-G
25-11-12, 13:39
if you open the archive you will see the folder structure of the skin, just FTP the files in those folders into the same folders on the receiver or create the folders where needed, dont forget to reboot the box once you have transferred the skins files over. also be aware that many third-party skins may not be fully compatible with the ViX image if that's your chosen image and may cause problems such as a bootloop. if this occurs delete the files you FTP'd to the box.

judge
25-11-12, 13:42
/usr/share/enigma2

river-rat
17-12-12, 16:53
ok guessed that but then can i still pick from one skin to another as it looks like it will just over write files

chrcoluk
26-11-21, 20:28
same question, I find it odd so many skins are just files to overwrite system files instead of a package.

BrokenUnusableAccount
26-11-21, 22:51
A skin installed from an ipk package normally goes in it's own named folder under /usr/share/enigma2.
I suggest trying that first.

It sounds like you may have been given the named folder in an archive of some kind.

I don't really know but I'd have thought that if it's not designed for OpenViX you are quite likely to find problems with it.

BrokenUnusableAccount
26-11-21, 23:04
@river-rat
That 12Mbps upload speed is rather pathetic for such an gigantic space wasting banner isn't it?

Joe_90
27-11-21, 01:02
@river-rat
That 12Mbps upload speed is rather pathetic for such an gigantic space wasting banner isn't it?

That speed wasn't so pathetic 9 years ago:coffin:

Huevos
27-11-21, 01:40
same question, I find it odd so many skins are just files to overwrite system files instead of a package.No point reviving a 9 year old thread. If you have a question please start a new thread.