PDA

View Full Version : Should have tried Google Chrome a long time ago

Sicilian
25-11-12, 07:53
Been getting really annoyed with bug in Firefox of late, today decided to try out Google Chrome, wow, wish I tried it a long time ago! Goodbye Firefox, too many bugs nowadays :mad:

Larry-G
25-11-12, 08:00
Been getting really annoyed with bug in Firefox of late, today decided to try out Google Chrome, wow, wish I tried it a long time ago! Goodbye Firefox, too many bugs nowadays :mad:

yup same here mate. i jumped over to chrome about 6 months ago for about a month, them went back to FF, then about 3 weeks ago i just got totally fed up with FF crashing all the time so i uninstalled it altogether and moved whole hog to chrome.

manxspud
25-11-12, 10:15
Welcome both of you to the dark side :)

Been on chrome for as long as i can recall ... not seen any reasons to swap back :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
25-11-12, 10:18
Problem is that FF supports good spelling checkers (for German, English, French and Dutch) and password managers. I didn't find any other browser that does this, and this is a requirement for me.

judge
25-11-12, 12:44
Rob, the password manager works perfectly for me in chrome & works across computers/OSs if you log into chrome.
Can't remember the last time I used firefox.

Rob van der Does
25-11-12, 12:49
Rob, the password manager works perfectly for me in chrome & works across computers/OSs if you log into chrome.
OK, but what about spellingcheckers? That is a no-go for me.

judge
25-11-12, 12:51
OK, but what about spellingcheckers? That is a no-go for me.

no idea mate...

Rob van der Does
25-11-12, 12:53
no idea mate...
Ah, you don't use them then?
I tried to find working spelling checkers in several browsers, but only in FF I found them to be working.

judge
25-11-12, 12:55
no, I only speak English so never had to install other spell checkers.

Larry-G
25-11-12, 12:56
Chrome has a decent enough spell checker for English language that suits my needs and you can download others as plugins if needed.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search-extensions/spell%20check?hl=en-US

Rob van der Does
25-11-12, 12:58
no, I only speak English so never had to install other spell checkers.
Seriously? I even use it for Dutch, which I'm supposed to write flawless......

Rob van der Does
25-11-12, 13:03
Well, I tried (a number of) those but they are hardly functional. No way I can use them.

Conaxthewarrior
25-11-12, 18:21
Ok but whats wrong with good old Internet Explorer? I've used it since my 1st computer in 92 and have no complaints.

Rob van der Does
25-11-12, 18:22
Same as above: no decent spelling checker.