PDA

View Full Version : Can't play MP4 files on Quad (VIX 3.0 build 445)

mauri
24-11-12, 23:26
Is it a driver issue or just a bug on the latest VIX build?

judge
24-11-12, 23:32
It's a known issue, if you can jump in on this thread:

http://openpli.org/forums/topic/26565-mp4-playback-no-longer-working/
and add that they are no longer working for you also, we might get a quicker fix.

mauri
24-11-12, 23:49
Thanks for the reply judge. I just posted in the OpenPLi forum.
Meanwhile do you know which build of VIX did play MP4 files, so I can rollback to that build.
Many thnx

judge
25-11-12, 00:02
Whatever build was available before last weekend played mine fine, sorry can't remember the number as I update often...
Thanks for reporting on PLI though.

mauri
25-11-12, 00:52
I will rollback to some older build and see if it works for me. thnx

judge
25-11-12, 00:58
before you go back to an older build, can you try:

opkg install gst-plugins-good-isomp4
in a telnet session & let us know if it fixes the issue for you?

mauri
25-11-12, 01:10
Nope, did not do anything since it detects the said package as up to date.
Still the MP4 files do not play at all. Just a black screen and no sound.
Another strange thing happens. When watching an avi/mkv file, and pressing stop/exit button - the live channel has only audio and no video.
If I just zap to another channel then the video comes back to that live TV channel.

Full message on telnet session: Package opkg install gst-plugins-good-isomp4 (0.10.31-r2) installed in root is up to date.

I tried to rollback to an earlier VIX build, but it says that restore failed. The error message of Backup manager says smth like "timeout elapsed, sorry".

Re OpenPLi forum thread - I received an ironic answer, like they were surprised that an VIX guy posted in their forum. :S

marty
25-11-12, 09:41
Re OpenPLi forum thread - I received an ironic answer, like they were surprised that an VIX guy posted in their forum. :S

Just read that, not very helpfull :(
This forum is way more friendly and helpfull :thumbsup:

Larry-G
25-11-12, 09:45
LOL we get that all the time from PLI, yet there bending over backwards for one of the ViX beta testers who is modifying a skin for them ? go figure that one out.

Larry-G
25-11-12, 09:54
I dont know if it would work or not but you could try to force remove the existing version via a telnet session then reboot the box and using telnet again try to re-install the plugin ?.

I would highly recommend that you make a full set of backups first before even thinking about that course of action though.

Larry-G
25-11-12, 09:58
Nope, did not do anything since it detects the said package as up to date.
Still the MP4 files do not play at all. Just a black screen and no sound.
Another strange thing happens. When watching an avi/mkv file, and pressing stop/exit button - the live channel has only audio and no video.
If I just zap to another channel then the video comes back to that live TV channel.

Full message on telnet session: Package opkg install gst-plugins-good-isomp4 (0.10.31-r2) installed in root is up to date.

I tried to rollback to an earlier VIX build, but it says that restore failed. The error message of Backup manager says smth like "timeout elapsed, sorry".

The backup manager is used to backup and restore settings and bouquets / plugins etc. restoring a previous version will not roll the image back to a earlier date, also you cant use the image manager to roll back to a previous image build / image backup. you must place the backup image on a USB stick and flash it as you would any other image.

mauri
25-11-12, 12:09
Oops, how stupid of me :D

mauri
25-11-12, 12:18
I dont know if it would work or not but you could try to force remove the existing version via a telnet session then reboot the box and using telnet again try to re-install the plugin ?.

I would highly recommend that you make a full set of backups first before even thinking about that course of action though.

Tried to remove the plugin with the exact above telnet command, but instead of install I wrote remove. But did not remove it. Message was saying smth like; package isomp4 is dependent on Enigma 2, which might stop working if isomp4 removed.

Looks like I have to reflash with an earlier VIX build...

Reflashed it with VIX 3.0.405 - mp4 files play perfectly! :)
I will stay away from the updates for a while - at least till it is stated that MP4 file play bug is corrected.

Cheers

XeWonder
28-11-12, 23:05
Hi.

Updated my VU+ tonight and got black screen and no audio etc..

fixed mine with...

opkg install gst-plugins-good-isomp4 --force-reinstall

all working great

Good luck

root@vuduo:~# opkg install gst-plugins-good-isomp4 --force-reinstall
Removing package gst-plugins-good-isomp4 from root...
Installing gst-plugins-good-isomp4 (0.10.31-r4) to root...
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/vuduo/mips32el/gst-p
lugins-good-isomp4_0.10.31-r4_mips32el.ipk.
Configuring gst-plugins-good-isomp4.
root@vuduo:~#
UNQUOTE

josweet
30-11-12, 03:05
Hi.

Updated my VU+ tonight and got black screen and no audio etc..

fixed mine with...

opkg install gst-plugins-good-isomp4 --force-reinstall

all working great

Good luck

root@vuduo:~# opkg install gst-plugins-good-isomp4 --force-reinstall
Removing package gst-plugins-good-isomp4 from root...
Installing gst-plugins-good-isomp4 (0.10.31-r4) to root...
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/vuduo/mips32el/gst-p
lugins-good-isomp4_0.10.31-r4_mips32el.ipk.
Configuring gst-plugins-good-isomp4.
root@vuduo:~#
UNQUOTE
Worked for me also on my ET9000 :D NB> Reboot is required after reinstall of mp4 ipk

XeWonder
16-12-12, 11:14
After running update last night, the problem is back but can not be fixed with "trick" above.

GUTTED!!! no MP4...

Anyone knows how to fix?

Rob van der Does
16-12-12, 11:17
After running update last night, the problem is back but can not be fixed with "trick" above.
Anyone knows how to fix?
Not sure to what version you updated, but I presume you've read this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24231-Updating-to-build-521&p=180070#post180070)?

marty
16-12-12, 11:31
I can confirm MP4 is working on my Quad with no problems on the lastest build (521)

XeWonder
16-12-12, 12:28
MANY THANKS!!!

10 minutes this morning and the problem is fixed... (spent 1/2 the night trying to "hack" my way thought this...)

no more updates for me till we have a "stable" release...

BubbleBalls
26-01-13, 16:55
If I just zap to another channel then the video comes back:S

Hi Mauri

I am experiencing this. have you gotten around it?

Thanks

marty
26-01-13, 17:00
Hi Mauri

I am experiencing this. have you gotten around it?

Thanks

You will have to wait for the new kernel/drivers ;)

BubbleBalls
26-01-13, 17:10
Thanks marty.

marty
28-01-13, 17:40
Still there with new drivers/kernel :(