PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] TUNER ERROR with Vix vuduo-3.0 (any update)

MikeW
24-11-12, 13:40
After going to the new Vix vuduo-3.0.204 I keep getting these "Tuning failed" errors. I can tune into some channels, while other fail.
Sometimes it succeeds tuning the channel, but still display the error, while the picture breaks up (pixelation and freeze)
From the logs (attached), I found numerous "incorrect transponder tuned!!!", which may indicate what could be wrong, but I don't know how to fix this.

My setup is:
VuDuo twin tuner (+ USB DVBT), using Canal Digital (Denmark/Scandinavia), twin Universal LNB, set to 0.8W Thor/Intelsat Ku band. Signal strength is 85-95%, just fine.

I have tried:
Factory reset, full channel search, all imagineable tuner configurations, all updates releases (and betas) from .204 until current (.439)
Checking the Sat search, "manual transponder" is chosen, which result in very bad/faulty signal, and when set to predefined transponder, everything is OK. However this transponder choice can't be set/saved from here.

I have tried the upgrade 4 times during the past 2 months, and every time been forced to give up, starting to believe this to be HW-errors.

Then reverted to the old, trusty v.2.4 image, and EVERYTHING WORKS just fine.
Completely at a loss here.. please help!

raedkuwait
25-11-12, 08:12
hi, am actually having similar problem as yours i reverted to V.2.4 but the problem still
comes back now and then all of the sudden its annoying, i have 4 satellite connected to
a disec , and all of the sudden i get like what u get, only one satellite that is connected
to port A on the disec work which is arabsat the rest i have no signal at all to them?
the only way i can fix this is to do a rescan on one of the arab sat chanels, then all
the chanels come back, any idea guys? pls help is my tuner gone bad?

MikeW
25-11-12, 10:58
Try and enable (and attach to your post, please) the current log file and look for the "incorrect transponder tuned!!!" warning.
If you also get this, I believe we may have a driver error, which is for the manufacturer to fix

raedkuwait
25-11-12, 18:27
ok i found the problem happens, once i go to a chanel that has a tune problem, the receiver fails to
recover from that, and all other channels that had no problem with signal now have no signal
at all? only the ones on port A of disec which are arabsat work, and the above problem on my
previous post happens, what i like to know is this problem related to the image am using or what
exactly cause its really annoying

raedkuwait
30-11-12, 19:07
hi guys, i really need help on this, its freeking me out, i found out i can fix
this temperorly if i go to tuner config and change something in tuner B and
saving then all the channels would come back, am including a log file of this
i read the log and i sea this

URSTATE: tuning
tune failed.
DVB service failed to tune - error 1
RemovePopup, id = ZapError
AddPopup, id = ZapError
[SEC] set static current limiting
[SEC] setTone 0
[SEC] sleep 25ms
set sequence pos 7
[SEC] invalidate current switch params
[SEC] sendDiseqc: e00000(DiSEqC reset)
[SEC] sleep 50ms
[SEC] sendDiseqc: e00003(DiSEqC peripherial power on)
[SEC] sleep 150ms
[SEC] sendDiseqc: e01038fb(?)
[SEC] sleep 50ms
set sequence pos 3
[SEC] setTone 1
[SEC] sleep 10ms
[SEC] update current switch params
[SEC] startTuneTimeout 5000
[SEC] setFrontend 1

invalid current switch params

please any one help with this error?!

raedkuwait
30-11-12, 20:12
hi, i just installed VTI and i did not get one single tune error
trying to replicate the error in Vix before i removed it
it happen when i go to a channel that is protected
by prental control then i hit exit before entering the pin numbers
then if i go to any channel i get tune error and the problem i mentioned
above happen, with VTI this error is gone.
Please try to fix it cause i like Vix more :(
and i was using latest Vix