PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Mount USB Flash Drive (FAT32)

spevs
23-11-12, 15:07
I have an 8gig flash drive (FAT32) which has media files on it which my UNO will play, but if I try to mount the drive in my TM-Twin VIX crashes on my box.

Anyone else having this issue.............????????

Running VIX - 3, Build - 439

Rob van der Does
23-11-12, 17:32
A crash means a crashlog; post it here please.

spevs
24-11-12, 12:38
Here u go...........:)

andyblac
24-11-12, 13:36
Here u go...........:)

[MountManager] RESULT: /bin/sh: /sbin/blkid: not found

this is an oldbug, that for some reason some online updates failed to fix it, please canyou reflash with the lastest version of vix for http://www.openvix.co.uk, and try again

thanks

andy.

spevs
25-11-12, 22:57
Hi Andy, I have followed the link you supplied & extracted the files to a FAT usb drive, I have rebooted my TMTwin whilst pressing exit but my box will not take a new image....?????

I have also tried to update the bootloader with the latest version of 7th Nov but neither will this take................:confused:

judge
25-11-12, 23:16
Try any of the latest images on http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/

If that doesn't work, try formatting the USB stick on the twin, I have no issues with multiple USB sticks on the twin.

spevs
26-11-12, 17:58
Hi Guys, I am getting nowhere with this. I have downloaded the latest bootloader & copied the files to a pen drive in the correct order. When booting my box I am pressing exit & I get a screen notice saying FW found, press ok, I press OK & get no further on screen messages, there is a lot of HDD noise & the box boots into the VIX Image as normal.

How can I tell if the bootloader has been modified...........?????????

When I received the TMTwin it already had a VIX Image on it so I have not seen a successful flash of the bootloader......

I have also downloaded the latest image zip & tried to flash the box but it just boots as normal..........

Need to know where I am going wrong........have had Vu Uno in the past with no issues at all.....................................

spevs
26-11-12, 17:59
Please Help

spevs
26-11-12, 21:08
OK Guys I have made a break through, managed to flash box with 393 image which suggests I still had old bootloader on, following this was able to flash boot loader successfully with flash tm-twin-oe-06-11-12.rar, tm-twin-oe-07-11-12.rar didn't work for me. Anyway, all good now in that I can see the media files on my USB drive, although my TM-Twin can not play MP4 files.....any ideas.........:)

judge
26-11-12, 21:17
MP4 files are a known issue, not working on any box that I'm aware of.

abu baniaz
26-11-12, 23:06
I have rebooted my TMTwin whilst pressing exit but my box will not take a new image....?????

I appreciate that your issue of flashing the image is resolved. I thought it would be apt to highlight that there is no need to press exit for the purposes of flashing an image. You only need to press exit to partition the memory after flashing the image. Even then, it is not necessary all the time.

judge
28-11-12, 00:38
OK Guys I have made a break through, managed to flash box with 393 image which suggests I still had old bootloader on, following this was able to flash boot loader successfully with flash tm-twin-oe-06-11-12.rar, tm-twin-oe-07-11-12.rar didn't work for me. Anyway, all good now in that I can see the media files on my USB drive, although my TM-Twin can not play MP4 files.....any ideas.........:)

Can you update to latest build, 453 at present.
MP4 playback should now work, report back & let us know.

spevs
28-11-12, 19:51
Bingo........Updated to 454 & MP4 files play like a dream from USB stick...................Thanks V Much...............Spevs:cool: