PDA

View Full Version : Astra 2F satellite starts operations

Larry-G
22-11-12, 01:11
SES has announced that the Astra 2F satellite has successfully completed its in-orbit testing and is now fully operational and in commercial service at the orbital neighborhood of 28.2/28.5 degrees East. The 52nd SES satellite was successfully launched board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana, on September 28, 2012.

The multi-mission satellite carries Ku-band and Ka-band payloads for the delivery of high-performance DTH and next generation broadband services in Europe and Africa. Of the spacecraft’s payload, 48 Ku-band transponders cover Europe and 12 Ku-band transponders are dedicated to sub-Saharan Africa, while 3 Ka-band transponders will allow SES Broadband Services to support download speeds of up to 20 Mbps.

Eutelsat and SES Astra are arguing over 500 MHz of satellite capacity at the 28.5 degrees East position. Eutelsat has filed a request for arbitration against SES with the Paris-based International Chamber of Commerce.

http://advanced-television.com/2012/11/21/controversial-ses-astra-2f-satellite-starts-operations/

Larry-G
22-11-12, 15:53
UPDATE 22/1112 - Astra 2F - It is looking like the "BBC 1 HD" tests (channels named as 8901 and 8911) on 11.023 H, SR 23.000, FEC 2/3, DVB-S2 8PSK, are now on "Astra 2F, readers in Tenerife (2.9 m dish) and Bavarian Germany (1.2 m dish) are telling me that they cannot receive this frequency, South Sweden (1.2m dish) is telling me that this frequency has a reduced signal

UPDATE 22/1112 - Astra 2F - Rob is currently "investigating" but what I will say is that this is not the best day for testing, extreme weather conditions have just completely wiped out my 28 degrees east reception!

source:

http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/astra2f.htm

AMEGUS
24-11-12, 17:32
Hi,

unfortunately I must inform you that reception of the UK-beam of the new satellite Astra 2-F here with us in Upper Austria (48°N, 14°E) is no longer possible with acceptable dish-sizes.
I have a very weak signal on the test-transponder on 11.023 H, but reception is impossible for me.

My equipment ist a 1,8 m dish (steerable).

Kind regards from a disappointed sat-freak from Austria