PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] A/V settings "digital down mix"

mickyblueys
21-11-12, 22:32
On my new duo I have it set up currently with a 22" LG TV/monitor m227wdp.
In a/v settings when I have digital down mix set to "yes" the sound is very poor (tinny). But volume keys work fine on remote.
When I have the setting to"no" the sound is very good but the volume keys on remote show on display as if they are raising or lowering volume but the sound level doesn't change until the last bar has gone and then it is muted.
I have tried turning hdmi cec on and off, with no joy.

Any help!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mickyblueys
22-11-12, 00:38
Could this be down to my HDMI cable??

just noticed my duo downstairs is connected to 42" LG6000 LCD tv and when in A/v settings when i set "digitial down mix" to no, i get no sound...... which baffles me as my tv has in built surround sound, not just stereo.

when setting "digital down mix" to yes the sound plays and the volume buttons work fine.

as a test i've purchased some new better quality 1.4 HDMI cables online,so when they turn up I will give them a go and see what change if any i get.

machare
22-11-12, 02:35
Digital Downmix converts the Dolby 5.1 sound on the BBC HD channels to stereo. This is useful if you have an S/PDIF connection to a Stereo system.

I don't think that my Samsung TV cares what it gets via the HDMI cable as it can receive terrestrial HD TV and has its own downmix capability.

My stereo system just makes a clicky buzz if it is fed 5.1:(

I don't think your TV likes 5.1!