PDA

View Full Version : Thanks team best image for Quad IMHO

tinos
21-11-12, 16:55
Hi, just wanted to say hi, just got my new Quad and thank you for your efforts. Great image!

I have tested openmips, openaaf and openvix... best experience was with your image. I would recommend it to any one looking for a stable and light image. Keep the good work. Will try to help here and post experience.

Larry-G
21-11-12, 17:05
Hi, just wanted to say hi, just got my new Quad and thank you for your efforts. Great image!

I have tested openmips, openaaf and openvix... best experience was with your image. I would recommend it to any one looking for a stable and light image. Keep the good work. Will try to help here and post experience.

Thank you for the feedback. Good or bad it's always appreciated to receive feedback for our hardwork.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

tinos
21-11-12, 17:20
Thank you. Only big deals are probably related to Quad drivers... hope they improve a little the picture quality on SD channels. Maybe also an upgrade to kernel 3.x. Wonder why they decided to stay on 2.x (maybe some hardware needs it still? DVB-T/C tuner drivers?).

Also there is a let down on cardreader slot driver (sci devices single-open)... same issue that I had in the past with the ET9200 readers... I just posted issue on bug reports from official support: http://www.gigablue-support.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=29780#post29780

Don't know if this driver issue is new or was not on older releases... I am using latest release as just got the Quad a couple of days ago.

I found strange that mediaplayer extension is not included, could not find any other mediacenter. What is the recommended player to watch recorded stuff? mediaplayer?

Are plugins unstable or just not tested for this device? Just wondering if I should keep the unstable switch on for software updates or only to install some plugins. Thank you.

Larry-G
21-11-12, 17:29
I believe there still waiting for Broadcom to release the microcode for the CPU before they can go ahead and increase to a later kernel, they are working on it but without the microcode there stuck.

As for the media player, there is one built directly into the image accessed via the file list button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tinos
21-11-12, 20:34
As for the media player, there is one built directly into the image accessed via the file list button.

Thanks... now I understand why... I use a Logitech Harmony remote to use it and never looked into that button. That is why I never found it! :)

danop
22-11-12, 08:21
Re:Thanks team best image for Quad IMHO

Hi, I like to add comments on this. I have as well tested openmips, openaaf and openvix, and no doubt VIX is fare more "ready" and sophisticat! Openmips and Openaaf are working, but seem fare more "simple", but for newbees easier to work with because the softcam is loaded automaticly - thats nice. I look forward to next step in the Quad and VIX. The Quad is a very competent box, only problem is they only made one card-reader, (big mistake) so I change program card from one provider card to another provider card all the time, and vise versa, because the CI slots are not working yet. Especial my wife is pissed about that. Again I thank the VIX team for a fantastic good job!

Sicilian
22-11-12, 08:25
only problem is they only made one card-reader, (big mistake) so I change program card from one provider card to another provider card all the time, and vise versa,

Have you tried a USB Smargo?

danop
22-11-12, 08:49
No I have not, where can I find information on that? Is there a chance that is working?

Sicilian
22-11-12, 08:54
No I have not, where can I find information on that? Is there a chance that is working?

I'll just connecting a Smargo to mine over next couple of days, should be fine though.

danop
24-11-12, 09:06
Is Smargo implemented in VIX, so it is working out of the box?
I presume there are commands to set in cccam.cfg too?

danop
28-11-12, 10:49
Any new on the Smargo?:)

peepnpop
01-12-12, 08:52
smargo works fine for me

have two mediaguard cards ( tv vlaanderen + canal digitaal)

just had to add two lines in the cccam.cfg

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/ttyUSB0 6000000

supra59uk
04-12-12, 14:28
Hi All
Just wanted to say thanks guys for the image used on all my boxes the support is great, and love the images
Great work

Paul

75mak
06-12-12, 00:45
i think i'm on the verge of buying a GB quad.

just need to know what bugs and niggles the box currently has on the vix image. I know a lot of the initial problems have been overcome. What is still left to do?

is picture quality / sharpness problem solvd especially on SD channels?

are there any major problems still outstanding?

Anything like random boots, sluggishness etc?

If I buy it now will I be able to get at least the same viewing experiance as I do with a duo - in terms of functionality - like recording two encrypted channels on diff transponders . EPG setup, hard drive setup?

marty
06-12-12, 08:26
If I buy it now will I be able to get at least the same viewing experiance as I do with a duo - in terms of functionality - like recording two encrypted channels on diff transponders . EPG setup, hard drive setup?

Yes :D I went from a DUO to a Quad, pretty much the same thing except alot more rapid :thumbsup:
All the major early driver related issues have been sorted and the LCD display is awesome :cool:

So far I have had no random boots. The box seems reliable and rock solid.