PDA

View Full Version : DboxEdit for Mac

thejoker
21-11-12, 12:45
Ive downloaded dreamboxedit for the mac and I cannot get it to work. It looks just like a windows program and when I open it, I click file, go to open my bouquet file but it just shows windows directories, c drive, program file etc.

I cannot see any of my mac drive so how am I supposed to import my bouquets file....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16379-Dreamboxedit-v5-0-0-3-Mac-OSX

Larry-G
21-11-12, 16:46
Ive downloaded dreamboxedit for the mac and I cannot get it to work. It looks just like a windows program and when I open it, I click file, go to open my bouquet file but it just shows windows directories, c drive, program file etc.

I cannot see any of my mac drive so how am I supposed to import my bouquets file....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16379-Dreamboxedit-v5-0-0-3-Mac-OSX

As far as I'm aware this was a port of a windows program not something that was specifically compiled for the mac.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

thejoker
21-11-12, 20:02
There must be a purpose of the program, a way to use it for the mac. I can put up with it looking like a windows program but would be great if it I could update bouquets with it on my mac.

Will save me stealing my gf's laptop everytime I need to update em...lol

Larry-G
21-11-12, 20:05
To be honest i dont and never have used a mac there not my thing, but as far as i know there is a serious lack of native programs for both the mac and linux for use with linux based STB's and unless some one goes out of their way to create them thats not going to change.

The best thing you could use is IdreamX although last i heard the author was making it a paid for app via Itunes.

judge
21-11-12, 20:05
Isn't there an app for the mac in the downloads section?

Larry-G
21-11-12, 20:20
Isn't there an app for the mac in the downloads section?

yes there is a version of IdreamX on the forum although i dont know if there are any newer versions as i said the author was supposed to be releasing a paid for version on itunes but i dont know if he ever did.

judge
21-11-12, 20:24
Thanks pheonix, didn't see your reply as we replied at the same time... & I couldn't remember what it's called.

skittle7
21-11-12, 23:19
I use Dreambox Edit 5.0.0.3 for the Mac downloaded from this forum and found the same problem.

What I did to solve it was, make sure you save the bouquet folders in a location equivalent to Windows. I've got my my settings saved in the Mac 'Documents' folder, which on Windows is 'My Documents'. Then it shows up no problem. Same with 'Desktop'.

Updating settings/bouquets is easy from there.

BadBoy
22-11-12, 00:06
Idreamx is what I use with mountain lion

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

thejoker
22-11-12, 10:40
I actually have idremx already installed. Its great for streaming, didnt even know you could update bouquets with it.

Will give it a try later